Hi. I lied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I lied.

Sorry I'm not actually on a LDR. Lately I been having anxiety episodes due to loneliness. I've never been in a relationship or ina long distance relationship. I realize this forum seems to only adress already formed couples, but I'm just merely trying to gather information about LDR and how do they work. Since I don't know how to attract somebody I was curious about how it was possible to fall for a person who's not near you. It's fascinating to me and I was expecting to know how you guys do it and if maybe there still hopes for me. I know it sounds desperate but I've been looking at all options for a while now and I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

Welcome aboard, and don't worry about it! We're not an exclusive club or anything like that, so you're more than welcome to stay. There's no shame in wanting to learn, and you never know: there could be a lot of information here that you could find useful. We do have members here who are currently single, so it's not like there's a rule that says you HAVE to be in a relationship in order to be here. At the end of the day, we're all here to help and support each other.
    And of course there's still hope for you

Comment

Hi Zeraph. Welcome.
      Just know this is not a dating site, but still... if there is someone single here you might even end up hooked up...
      I don't know if you are a man or a woman, and where you're from and what you're looking for... but there are loads of free international dating sites that you can subscribe to. I did the same.
      Actually I started on mingle2.com, but there's a lot of fakers and scammers there. I found me SO (wrong, she found me) on FindLoveAsia.com. But then I was purposely looking for an Asian lady.
      Just browse the net, see what you like, and look around here for more info. And if you don't find it, ask. Many here are more then willing to help (after all that is the whole purpose of a forum, is it? )
      Good luck and enjoy here.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I think you reveal a lot online when you hear someone's voice and how they talk about something or how they write about something.
        I met my husband in a video game where he would help protect me while everyone else on the server would target me (and honestly ruin the game for me), and that made him stand out, made him interesting. So we started talking in-game over voice chat and then we started to talk in the steam chat.

It really just comes down to getting someone interested in you by being you and then you go from there. Meeting someone online isn't really much different than meeting someone in person, you gotta do what you like doing. You probably won't be happy with someone you met online who loves gaming and plays it a lot if you hate gaming online, so there is no reason for you to look for a partner in a game like that.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thanks for your responses. Many problems arise with me interacting online; I'm simply not interesting. I think is easy to meet people from your own country or near countries when you have things in common, but my interests and hobbies are mostly personal activities. Many people (some women) know me when I'm online and they can see the rel me but that doesn't spark any interests. The same way dating sites won't work for me. Also mentioning that I live in a small country and the demographic is reduced and those sites are mostly empty. Signing up for a site that's popular won't do much if the person who likes me lives in Indonesia or something. I kwnow most of you want to eventually get together with the person you knew online, but for me, I think if I meet someone from another country then 99% chance we won't get together in real life. I'm simply too poor to travel or have anything to offer besides myself. There's no life or plan I can provide for someone. It's just me struggling to be financially independent at almost 30. As I said, I'm not interesting, it's one of the reason I think makes me unattractive to every woman I talk to online.

Comment

Originally posted by zeraph View Post
            I think is easy to meet people from your own country or near countries when you have things in common, but my interests and hobbies are mostly personal activities.
            But aren't hobby/interest lists something that can be expanded? Don't do it artificially but seek out more things that could interest you, especially the ones that dwell on group activities and so on. And don't expect for the right person to come along right away. It just happens on its own, no one is attractive or unattractive, imho, just different types that attract different types.

Comment

I will only engage in activities I'm ACTUALLY interested. I won't fake anything to meet people.

Comment

Well, how do you know if you are interested in something if you never tried it?
                No one says you should go ice dancing if you hate being outside when it's cold, no one says you should play video games if you hate sitting at the computer.

What kind of things do you enjoy doing?

Comment

Find meet ups.. You are only as interesting as you make yourself. Go experiment and find other things. You can be your own worst enemy by being negative and self depreciating. Don't go out to meet someone special. Go make friends!

Comment

hi zeraph your welcome here,as far as if your in a relationship or not that doesn't matter your still welcome here,relationships take take,don't go and meet someone just because your lonely stay single for as long as you want to,meet new people,maybe go and join a church if you want to meet people,trust me the right person for you will come along,it just takes time.

Comment

I was supposed to go on a meetup today but I balied out. I don't remember having an joyful time when going out with strangers. I never achieve connections when they are forced.

Pd: I should stop posting in this thread, since is not intended for this. maybe I will make another one.

Comment

Small country, not may meetups.

Comment

Originally posted by zeraph View Post
                          Small country, not may meetups.
                          I myself don't consider Chile to be a small country. But then, living in The Netherlands, almost all countries are larger.

May be I ask you a stupid question, but what is it you want? On one hand hand I have the feeling you want to be in a relationship, and on the other hand I have the feeling you don't want to take any action for it...
                          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
                            I myself don't consider Chile to be a small country. But then, living in The Netherlands, almost all countries are larger.

May be I ask you a stupid question, but what is it you want? On one hand hand I have the feeling you want to be in a relationship, and on the other hand I have the feeling you don't want to take any action for it...
                            I have taken many actions, just no results.

Comment

Love finds you when you don't look for it.

You will not find someone unless you are around people, be it online or in person. You'll get there, give yourself time.

Comment

Working...
                              X