Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone

Hi guys, I hope everything is going well and if not, will be going well with all of you. I decided to join because I realized if me and my partner are going to make it, I need guidance. I just started visiting a therapist for the first time and only had about 2 meetings. It does help but I recently just hit rock bottom with allllll of my emotions and it affects my relationship. To give a little background, me and my partner have been together for almost a year but known each other for over a year. We met in college #hamptonuniversity, and we kicked it off so easily. The honeymoon phase was real. We still had problems and I knew we would have to deal with a lot once the phase was over but I felt like if we’re together nothing can stop us. Never did I expect we would be forced to be 8 hrs away and only get to see each other once every 3/4 months because of the pandemic. I wasn’t able to go back to school, which is my senior year, because my campus stayed closed for the entire year, so I have to stay with my mom and so does he. This affects us because we can’t just leave or do what we want to truly do. I guess this was a very detailed introduction haha and maybe just a slight rant session but this is basically why I’m here. I want to know if other people go through these things too and how they deal with them, so I’m excited to be here! Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the world of LDR , and therapy is a good thing.
    Its not easy being in love at the best of times , i remember being your age and at school in a LDR , we did not have the modern ways of getting in touch like we do today, so use what is available to keep the love burning . Dont over talk either as you both need to study . Soon you will be vacinated . And can travel again . So in the mean time dream up an adventure together to do when travel happens . Keep it light . Im beginning to see that dreaming and talking about your next date is so much fun . Me and my man write funny stuff all the time, read the sane book together, make plans to do adventures . We have movie night , date night all the time . Check out Google Duo , the best video quality ever . So treat each other ss best freinds whilst apart . And just make each other laugh . Being moody , being miserable is just life. If you want this to work , work on yourself and the rest will be easy . Keep encouraging each other in your daily pursuits

Comment

Working...
    X