Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Away from Home

Hello, fellow LDR'ers!

Currently I live 480 km (300 miles) away from my home Berlin in a city in the south of Germany.
    I guess that's a really small distance compared to lots of other couples on here!!
    I graduated from engineering just when the financial crisis was soaring and had a hard time finding a job eventhough I had good grades. Additionally, eventhough Berlin's the capital it doesn't really offer too many jobs in my field.
    So I decided to search for jobs anywhere for the sake of my career.
    For months I didn't get any offers and then in summer 2009 I had two offers: one in Berlin and one in South Germany. The job in Berlin would have been better paid but it was a job in sales that consisted only of calling companies and trying to sell a software that costs 30,000€… Not a great job! So I decided to take the job in S-Germany.
    When I knew that I would sign with that company, conicidentally on a science night at my university I met the guy who's now my b/f.
    I had had a crush on him some years ago, I even met him on a sports weekend a year before that but he wasn't interested in me.
    That night, though, we talked and I told him about my fate (moving away from the coolest city in Germany: Berlin) and he "pitied" me… but said that I should send him messages via facebook once I've moved.
    Of course I didn't wait so long! Luckily I had about a month left before starting the job and I messaged him a week later or so.
    We soon had or first date, and second, and so on… then the first kiss!
    And soon after that I moved…
    To be honest I wasn't even sure whether I wanted to be in a relationship. But when I was in the new city, in my empty appartment, I missed him and I asked him to come visit me.
    I guess our relationship was a bit awkward in the beginning (we saw each other every 2nd weekend) but now over a year later I feel so close to him .
    Unfortunately my job turned out to be a nightmare but I didn't have the energy to look for another job in the beginning. I'm tied down w/ a 2 yr contract that forces me to pay back 2 month of my wage should I quit before July 2010… (eventhough I think that can't be legal…)
    I want to look for another job (hopefully in Berlin!!) after x-mas and maybe even try to find sth. now (and see how I can quit q/o paying back money!!).

Anyways.
    That's my story.

- Cloudy

Welcome to the forums! You'll like it around here.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Thanks for sharing your story. I hope that you figure out a way to move back to Berlin and if not...July isn't too far away!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Cloudy!! Glad to have you here!

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Hi Cloudy, welcome to the forums
              In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
              Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Thank you, everyone