Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone :)

Great site you have here

I've been reading lots of the articles and there's some great threads on here, and I look forward to joining in

Don't have much time this morning so I'll keep it brief- I'm Scott from Scotland. My fiance Michelle (michy) has recently started using this site - so I'll cheat and copy her recent intro :
    Originally posted by michy View Post
    ...Hello!

Wow, it's great to find this place, with lotsa folks who understand just how much goes into a LDR, and the emotional highs and lows involved! My LDR has had both highs and the lows, but it's been a great ride overall, and oh so worth it

I live near Washington DC and Scott lives in the UK... we met online in July 2009 and were hooked on each other from the first email! We met face to face in Sept '09 and became a couple then. Luckily we both have jobs that give a decent amount of vacation time, and we've been able to get together every four months since then, for 2-week visits.

For the past few months we've been actively working on a close-the-distance plan, and have just finalized a wedding date in February '11 in Scotland. YAY!

It's great to meet you all, look forward to talking with you

Michelle
    ....so we're just over a year into our relationship and it's been the BEST time of my life and I can't wait 'til we get married next year here in Scotland, then go through the process for me to move over to the USA with here. In the longer term we hope to move back to Scotland Until then, we'll continue putting in the effort required to make the LDR as pain free as we can- I'm sure this place will help!

Scott

Hi Scott, welcome to LFAD!

Great to have another couple here, and another guy
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Scott! We've got a few other couples on here as well. I think the wedding stuff is so awesome - I hope you guys keep us in the know with how it's going. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD !!! Your going to love it here

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Scott (And Michelle )!

Always nice to see new faces on here, especially couples! I'm sure you'll both like it here, this place is just the best - and ridiculously addictive

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the wedding plans. We've got quite a few international couples here (me included). There are also people who have done a lot with immigration (I am in the midst of it!). So I think you will like the forums and hopefully they'll be helpful!

Comment

Welcome to the LFAD community! :]

Comment

Welcome, Scott! Me and Michy have been talking about you!

I mean... *cough* ... what?

>.>
                  <.<
                  First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
                    Welcome, Scott! Me and Michy have been talking about you!

I mean... *cough* ... what?

>.>
                    <.<

...Must be a different Michy!!!

Oh and... glad you could join us, Scott!
                    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

Welcome Scott and Michelle

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Welcome Scott!!!!!
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome, Scott! Nice to have another international couple join in the fun
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Good to have you here! She says all kinds of nice things about you!
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Hi there Scott Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                              X