Greetings from NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from NJ

I just joined this website, and I wanted to say that what you guys are doing on this website is wonderful. I've dated many girls who lived far away, and I know the pains of a LDR. But I see that this site has helped many people in my situation, and hopefully it can work for me.

Over the weekend I was out in NYC, and I meet a wonderful woman. There are two issues that could be problematic. One, she is 10 years older than me. I know thats a separate issue meant for a completely separate website. But I personally don't mind the age, right now. The bigger issue is that she lives in Boston. From me, thats over 5 hours away.

The longest distance I've had to deal with at this point was 1 hour and a half. So I don't even know where to begin to help close the gap between us. It's gonna be costly to visit each other. My car is old and won't make it that much longer so I don't want to risk it driving 5 hrs each way. Meeting in the middle could be another possibility. I'm just really unsure how to make things right here. I've been chatting with her non-stop since we met, and I want to build a relationship with her. Any help would be appreciated.

The age difference in my opinion doesn't matter. Mark is 10 years older then me. Long distance is really hard and it can be costly. You just have to believe in it.

Good luck to you and welcome to the forums! This place is great for advice and sharing.

Comment

Age doesn't matter, and neither does difference when you really love each other. There's plenty of other ways to travel.

Train? Bus? Plane? I would check all of those to see if something works.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Agree - age is just a number. My SO is 9 years older. I also agree with the previous responses. Just remember communication is so important. Welcome to the site

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

welcome to the forums. As many people have said age is no barrier, my SO is a mere 6 years younger than me. Though she was also a mere hop across the pond as well (9 or 10 hour flight...)
              Love knows no boundaries, nor does it acknowledge any physical rules (such as cars breaking down). You will find a way to be with her even if it means walking......

Good luck. and welcome
              Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Hey! Welcome to LFAD
                LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Hi there! Welcome!

If it is meant to be...it WILL work. Takes a lot of patience and communication...but it is worth it.
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X