Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Down Under!

Hi,
    My name is Sarah, I'm from Melbourne in Australia.
    I went to the UK on a 6 month working holiday in 2010. I met my lovely man while working in a hotel in the middle of the Scottish Highlands. I already had my return (and non-refundable) ticket booked just before we got together and went home to Melb on 25th November 2010 after 3 and a bit months together. We are keeping our relationship going and at this point I'm considering moving to Scotland to be with him. I think it's definetly worth trying for
    So glad I found this site because no one really understands what it's like until they're in this situation.

Sarah

Welcome! I've worked in Scotland as well, only for a few weeks though. Must be beautiful in Highlands! My SO studied in Adelaide for 2 years even though he is not an Aussie. I don't know why I started rambling even though I was just going to say welcome?! Well anyway, I'm sure you like it here!

Comment

Hello Sarah! I'm Silviar, I'm American and my SO is Australian - he's from a smaller town in NSW. Welcome to the forums! I feel your pain at the time difference.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hi! Welcome to LFAD
        LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
        Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
        Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Hi welcome.
          The most important thing is that you feel it's worth trying

Comment

Welcome Sarah!
            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Sarah! you will love this site, if you need any advice you will find it here for sure
              Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD!
                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome! So exciting that you might move to Scotland for him. Sure it's a chance, but love makes everything worth it

Comment

Working...
                    X