Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there

hi, i'm new here.

i'm in a very tough ldr with a man i consider the great love of my life. we have known each other for 14 years and have a history, i met him when he was single and he since married, had 4 children, and is now divorced. i married while he was married, and i am now divorced, no kids, 2 cats, (1 gerbil).

it's a very tough relationship, he doesn't have a whole lot of time because he is a very attentive father to his 4 boys, the youngest are 3 yr old twins and the oldest is only 10, but then the oldest has aspergers and the middle child, at 7, has high functioning autism. the moral of the story is we get to see each other very infrequently and when we can't see each other he is basically completely unavailable because of his family.

we see each other every month to a month and a half when i drive two hours to go up and visit him, but when i do, it is only for a night, because i go to school full time and work on the weekends.

I had been stressed out about our relationship, because like i said im very much in love with him, but then i realized we are actually doing really good for a ldr, and now having written down all of that, and realizing everything we have to struggle with, i feel really good about it!

Welcome, I hope you'll find the support you're looking for here. (:
    Once a month is quite a privilege for a LDR, I wish you guys all the best.

Comment

welcome to the forums ^^

Comment

Wow, 14 years is a long time. Welcome to LFAD!
        "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
        a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
        which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
        - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
        regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
        The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
        - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Welcome to the forums! We have several other parents who're in LDR's, and many other divorcees, so don't feel like you're the only one. Reading your post makes me feel in awe - that IS some major accomplishment, go both of you!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hey, welcome to the forums, I agree with Silviar.
            My guy has a young son so I know what it's like to be with a father, 4 kids must be a lot of work for him.
            Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Welcome! I have a ton of siblings and four kids would be a lot for a single father! My mother had a hard enough time raising me on her own

Comment

Hello there and welcome to LFAD :-)

Comment

Wow, sounds like he has a lot on his plate...but you do get to see him often! Welcome here

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the support you need.
                    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                    Made it official: September 17, 2010
                    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                    Got married: November 21, 2012
                    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                      Wow he does seem super busy! i have a hard enough time being a single mom with 2 kids (my eldest has aspergers too)
                      You'll get all the support you need here... i do anyway
                      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Welcome and best wishes.
                        Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                        X