Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I'm new here and from NY while my boyfriend is in NC

Hi all!

I stumbled upon this site while Googling "long distance relationship support group" which made me feel a bit pathetic at the time, but I'm just looking for a place to talk with people who understand what I'm going through. My friends are awesome, but none of them have been in a similar situation so I generally just make them feel awkward when I talk about it all too much.

I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 29, we met in college down in North Carolina and have been together for 2 years, long distance for a little over 6 months.

He graduated in 2010 and began working down there, I graduated this past May and got a job up in New York. I really, really, REALLY didn't want to leave, but he encouraged me and I knew it was the right decision to begin my career.

The current game plan is for him to move up here next summer, either to go to grad school if he gets in or to just start working. Still, the waiting is SO hard!! I just want him to up and quit is job and move up here right away, but he signed a lease until July with his brother, and he would never screw him over like that. I'd love to go back down there, but options for my career in NC are extremely, extremely limited.

Anway, that's my story, I look forward to participating in the community!!

Welcome! I'm also a New Yorker. What kind of work are you doing here? Are you living in the city?

Comment

Yay!!

I live out in Queens, work in television/advertising in Manhattan.

Comment

Originally posted by mlurve View Post
        Yay!!

I live out in Queens, work in television/advertising in Manhattan.
        Fun! I have a lot of friends in Astoria, it's a really interesting place, Queens. It's kind of becoming the new Brooklyn, as Brooklyn is becoming so gentrified now. But seriously, you landed quite the sweet job, I'm jealous

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
          Fun! I have a lot of friends in Astoria, it's a really interesting place, Queens. It's kind of becoming the new Brooklyn, as Brooklyn is becoming so gentrified now. But seriously, you landed quite the sweet job, I'm jealous
          Yeah Astoria is where I'm at...they're calling it the new Park Slope but I hope it stays cheap for at least a little while longer!!

Comment

Welcome to the site
            You never forget your first love...

Comment

Welcome!
              Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Hi, welcome to the boards. I'm in Queens too, actually grew up here...I went to college in NC, but it really wasn't for me. You could say I had a hard time adjusting to the South!

Comment

Welcome!
                  "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Hello! Hope to be seeing you around the forums!
                    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                    X