BF surprised me with a ring :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF surprised me with a ring :)

My bf and I have a crazy story on how we ended up together but to both of us it was fate.

We were friends before we ever dated and he knows all about my previous LDR and was there for me through the whole mess. We always got along and I always had a slight crush on him and vice versa well we are now together and I couldn't be happier. I had to have reality slap me in the face to see it though!

We have discussed family and marriage and we want both. We discussed all of this prior to his visit home this month and when he got here we did look at promise rings. He had asked if it would be ok if he got me a ring to show how he was committed and wasn't going anywhere and that he wanted to marry me one day, sooner rather than later that is We are both in our early 30s and we want the same things and he is the sweetest guy I have ever met and I am way beyond happy. This is the first time I feel secure. I didn't even cry when he left! I knew I'd see him again and I knew there was nothing left unsaid or unplanned between us. We are already discuss what to do and how to plan the next visit. He won't be back til about May which for both of us it's a good thing, gives us time to save and get ready for our time together.

Anway I came home from work one night and he was outside waiting for me, which was not normal. He then followed me all around my tiny apt and finally handed me a box and inside was this:

I love it, it is perfect for me and what he wanted it for although I told him I didn't need a ring to know he was serious. We already discuss wedding stuff and kids so this is just a start to our life together. He said when he does the actual proposing he will not let me know when he is coming he will just show up and surprise me.....which in a way is cute but in a way freaks me out lol Not in a bad way, just in a way that a surprise like that would freak anyone out slightly!

Very pretty That's such a sweet gesture.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

wow that is so pretty! Very elegant and lovely!
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        Very pretty That's such a sweet gesture.
        Thanks

Yeah it was really sweet. He is really sweet. I couldn't ask for a better partner. It's the first time I feel like someone really gets me. We are a lot alike so that in a sense really does help and it helps that we were such good friends first. We really knew each other and it has helped in our relationship in a big way.

Comment

Awww so sweet the ring is so lovely and elegant. Congrats

Comment

GORGEOUS ring!

Comment

OMG that is super sweet and a GORGEOUS ring!
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

wow- what a beautiful ring! and it's only a promise ring???? dang! I'm happy for you!

Comment

That's such a pretty ring! Congrats
                  You never forget your first love...

Comment

Wow,what a beautiful ring. I wish you all the best and lots of love in the future. So,so happy for you two

Comment

beautiful ring!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
                        wow- what a beautiful ring! and it's only a promise ring???? dang! I'm happy for you!
                        +1 That looks a little more like an engagement ring than a promise ring...are you sure the boyfriend to pull the ole sliperaroo and secretly get you to agree to marry him? LOL...jk...but no, really?

Comment

That ring is so beautiful! (I'm so jealous lol) Best of luck and love to you both in your future!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Beautiful ring!
                            Congrats and wishing you the best!

First Met Online: October 2010
                            First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                            Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                            First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                            Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                            Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                            Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                            Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Thats so sweet best of luck with everything..btw the ring is BEAUTIFUL
                              " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                              Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X