No announcement yet.

The dreamer and the realist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tattoo from the movie Amelie Poulain, and it says somethin like "times are hard for dreamers".

so you can guess wich one I am. lol

my SO is the realist, and im the dreamer, all my life.
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I'm the dreamer and he's the realist. He always tries to gently talk me down from my crazy ideas. But he tends to be kind of pessimistic too, while I'm more optimist. He's a dreamer sometimes about the future though and I'm a realistic about the present sometimes. So I guess it's a mixture.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

We're both realists.
        It's not that we don't ever dream, but we're both pretty down-to-earth.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We're definitely both realists. We both dream about the future together, but we're both equally as grounded and spend most of our time that way.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I'm a realist with big dreams!

Seriously, I am practical in things, and plan with an infinite degree of detail, and imagine every possible out come, success or trouble. But I have big dreams that I want to achieve through my realistic planning.
            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I'm such a dreamer. I see the reality of things, but I strive to achieve my dreams. My SO is a realist, but with some not so subtle pushes from me, he's becoming more of a dreamer too.

Comment

We're both dreamers, though if one of us was a bit more dreamer-like, it would be my SO for sure, he always has the biggest most amazing dreams and I love dreaming along with him for our future. I'm a bit more of a realist at times, and am a little bit better with managing finances than him.

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
                  I'm a realist with big dreams!

Seriously, I am practical in things, and plan with an infinite degree of detail, and imagine every possible out come, success or trouble. But I have big dreams that I want to achieve through my realistic planning.

This describes both me and my SO. We have huge dreams but are very logical and realistic in how we are going to achieve them

Comment

A mix of both here. Concerning the future, I'm the dreamer for sure. I have big plans that are likely unreachable.
                    But in the day-to-day stuff, Obi's the dreamer, I'm the realist. Especially when it comes to planning this wedding haha.
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

He was definitely the dreamer, I was the realist, though occasionally we switched around. Eventually it was the realism that hit us both and we decided to call it a day. Ah well!

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                        Well it depends on what you mean by dreamer/realist. I think when it comes to ambitions, we're both dreamers in the sense neither one of us outgrew our childhood faith that we can be whatever we want to be; however, we're realists in the sense we logically approach/pursue those goals in order to make our dreams a reality. When it comes to the relationship, I'm more of the realist/pessimist, even, whereas he tends to be more of the dreamer; I'm more uptight and nervous and wanting of a plan and he's more relaxed about letting things play out and that things would/will work out.
                        +1 That's about it in a nutshell.

Comment

There's no doubt that I'm the realist and my SO is the dreamer.
                          He's the type who one he has got an idea, he has no doubt that he'll succeed. Where I'm the more negative type who says "what if...".

Comment

I was a dreamer at first and I'm still a dreamer though I reduced the scale of it, lol.
                            My man is always be the realist one. He is somehow very realist and the one who open my eyes widely from being a dreamer.

Comment

I'm the dreamer, SO's the realist. Absolutely no doubt about that

Comment

I'm the dreamer and he's the realist, I'm the creative person who dreams how things should be or how I want my future to be. Not that he doesn't but he likes to put it into a realistic view. He also will state the obvious that some of my dreams may not come true, though he does supports the many dreams and goals I have, not impossible after all
                                Also with people, he says I like to "dream" that people are naturally good and nothing bad will happen to me....but of course he'll say that lots of people can't be trusted and that bad things can happen and I can't be so trusting. :P I guess I'm just more of the natural dreamer and think positively while he is the exact opposite. It's a funny relationship, but...it's like having another half of personality I don't have

Comment

Working...
                                X