No announcement yet.

4 Steps To Mending A Broken Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I should cut contact but for now we have but I still have him added on everything just need some time before I can start talking to him again

Comment

Great advice. I must agree that with my last relationship, true healing really only began when I cut off all communication and threw out all reminders as it really does feed into the feeling of "hope" and it just feels like a downhill spiral once heightened emotions are involved again @_@. I also really highly recommend tip 4 about just letting yourself go through all the emotions: sadness, anger, relief, sadness and anger and whatever else! And at least from my last relationship, I think if you let yourself go through that it becomes easier to just think logically or perhaps clearer, things we were blind to see while in the relationship.

Comment

I think step two is vey important. Really think about what is best for yourself. But anyway, great post!
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

As the days go by eventually the pain and missing them will fade. Getting over somebody is so hard because it's simple things during the day that can spark a memory or remind you of that person but time heals all things. Eventually you get used to it. Going out and trying new things really numbs the feeling of missing anybody because you don't have any time to think about somebody when you are consumed in another activity. I know that going out and hanging out with my friends really helped me through my breakup.

Comment

thanks for posting this, i just found this by accident and it gave me a very good feeling. me and my girlfriend broke up a month ago but it still hurts like hell, even when i've put her out of my mind the hurt stays with me. this gives me a great start to a long recovery, but i know i'll come through it strong thanks again.

Comment

This has a lot of merit but it isn't really achievable when you have an ex partner that you share a child with. Sure, I did the block on Facebook thing and tried to distance myself but when you're going through custody battles and making arrangements for contact (especially if, like me, you had to move interstate) it makes it a little difficult. Though, that said, I did get over it relatively quickly. I have more of a disappointment with how he's behaved rather than mourning the loss of the relationship.

Comment

Working...
              X