Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks no contact

absolutely none.

he wants to focus on work... which is fair enough... but it means no contact. at all. no facebook, no texts, no nothing.

i feel so f******ing lost.

I'm sorry, hun. this just isn't right for him to totally cut you off from his life. **hugs**

Comment

Is there a reason he doesn't even want minimal contact?
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

He can't even do a little communication?

Time will pass quickly though. It isn't forever, just a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
          He can't even do a little communication?

Time will pass quickly though. It isn't forever, just a couple weeks.
          I agree with this.

Comment

It seems a little weird and "off" though, to me. Even when my SO has expressed the need for space or circumstances would avoid us from speaking that day, he's at least wanted minimal contact (texting) to reassure each other we are okay. Maybe it's just me, but it seems off and a bit weird. No accusations, because I do not know the guy in question, but just an outsider's perspective. That being said, different couples work differently and different people work differently. So, who knows?
            candi ❤ austin
            ღ5.11.2011ღ
            ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
            ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
            ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
            ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by CandiCandi View Post
              It seems a little weird and "off" though, to me. Even when my SO has expressed the need for space or circumstances would avoid us from speaking that day, he's at least wanted minimal contact (texting) to reassure each other we are okay. Maybe it's just me, but it seems off and a bit weird. No accusations, because I do not know the guy in question, but just an outsider's perspective. That being said, different couples work differently and different people work differently. So, who knows?
              true, same goes with mine. We both tend to get busy with our own stuff but we never failed to text everyday, maybe not skype-talk but text, definitely.
              sigpic
              Nobody knows who I really am
              Maybe they just don't give a damn
              But if I ever need someone to come along
              I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

Comment

I feel like you guys are having a lot of ups and downs, backwards and forwards in your relationship. So maybe, if this isn't to harsh, it isn't a bad idea. Maybe it will get him to appreciate you more and therefore you both will feel more secure in your relationship.

But I think at least a call at the end of the week or goodnight/morning texts should at least be possible.
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I'm sorry about that. My boyfriend did something similar to me but it was when we were just starting to date. It still sucked though. I wish your boyfriend would allow for a few min phone call or simple text, but different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Stay strong and busy. Time will fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
                    I feel like you guys are having a lot of ups and downs, backwards and forwards in your relationship. So maybe, if this isn't to harsh, it isn't a bad idea. Maybe it will get him to appreciate you more and therefore you both will feel more secure in your relationship.

But I think at least a call at the end of the week or goodnight/morning texts should at least be possible.
                    This.
                    and @megfashionmaybe you will appretiate him more as well, if you spend some time appart. for what you say here, it seems your relationship is rocky. you being upset at him for him singing the song you wanted in the past, when it seems it was out of his control, this obssession about julia (i dont even know your SO name, but i surely know hers.)

Maybe this time appart will be good to reavaluate things. I know it is hard to be ot talking with whom we love, but sometimes a small time appart can be better.

all the best for you
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                      This.
                      and @megfashionmaybe you will appretiate him more as well, if you spend some time appart. for what you say here, it seems your relationship is rocky. you being upset at him for him singing the song you wanted in the past, when it seems it was out of his control, this obssession about julia (i dont even know your SO name, but i surely know hers.)
                      I agree. I can also understand, to an extent, his point of view. There seems to be a lot of drama in your relationship, from what you've said of it, and actually, it's that time of year where there are important deadlines and exams coming up. Maybe he has more on his plate that you've anticipated, and he just needs some time away from relationship drama to focus on his studies?

I do think it's a bit harsh that he's saying No Contact, but if he feels that strongly about it, you should respect his wishes.

Comment

I can't really add anything to what's already been said, but good luck. Just keep busy, and try to help the time fly by.

Comment

Sorry to hear this from you, but as other people said.. respect his wish and then do something to distract your mind from it.
                          Hopefully after two weeks passed (which is not that long) everything will get better.
                          Though I know it's easy to say but hard to apply.
                          Well all the best for you and you have us here to talk to. *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                            This.

Maybe this time appart will be good to reavaluate things. I know it is hard to be ot talking with whom we love, but sometimes a small time appart can be better.

all the best for you
                            what song?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

well we talked abit about it... i think we were both just seriously stressed when it was said (ive got a mock exam coming up on a book that i havent read.. heh...)

we ended up going on skype just for a little bit (had to take a sleeping tablet so we had about 10 mins to talk)

he did text me in the morning so yay. but i know itll be no contact now till our goodnight-s.

he wanted this because of the stress. i understood that, but jst completely nothing was what hit the most... kind of yay that he did text. he just said hello really, and also some "xx"s... yay.

thanks for the support. yeh our relationship has its huge ups n downs. heck it seems to be always when i have the "forever" ring on.... think its jst gonna stay safely in its little box for now... :/

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post

I agree with Bethypoo. Maybe this isn't a bad idea and give each other some room to breath.

Comment

Working...
                              X