Wow this hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this hurts

I'm not very active here. I kind of wish I was. But I'm pretty sure I'm about to disappear completely... -sigh- Connor broke up with me on Thursday, 4/29. It hurts like I never imagined I could be hurt, and I'm still not really sure what I'm going to do. I was in so deep with him and he just... up and left. Said the stress was too much. School is hard for him, but I was trying so hard to be there for him while still backing off when he needed to be left alone to work. I just... wish there was more I could've done. I feel like there is more I could've done. I'm quite torn, because on the one hand I want him to miss me like crazy and want me back, but on the other... I just want happiness for him. I just thought there was a way we could both be happy. I've been hoping that over the summer when things calm down and he has time to get his head on straight, we can talk about this and really sort it out. I just... I don't feel like we're supposed to be over, and I've been lost since it happened.

If you've ever heard of Relationship Obituaries, here's mine: https://relationshipobit.com/obituary/show/1199

I don't know what I'm looking for in posting this. Support? Solidarity? Advice? I don't know.

Oh wow, the first thing I can say is I'm so sorry, I know it hurts like hell. The same thing happened with my boyfriend over spring break. He was busy with school and the distance was just too hard on him. However, once we actually broke up, he "came to his senses" and realized that he doesn't want to lose me at all.

You never know what could happen in the future. Keep your head up and stay strong!

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much the exact reason I got. Unfortunately he hasn't done the second part, at least not yet. Here's hoping... -sigh-

Comment

It took him 3 weeks before he did the second part, so don't lose hope!

Comment

***hugs*** i've been to that same situation and i know how hard it is...just stay strong. i kept telling myself that the best is yet to come...

Comment

Oh, and also,
            now you are "one heartache closer to happily ever after"

(:

Comment

I'm sorry! Hugs!

Comment

I broke up with my boyfriend on the 5th Feb this year. 3 months on, it's still very difficult. We're still in touch which I think is probably make it that little bit more tough because he's so close, but yet so far (if that makes much sense?!)

Big hugs for you though - remember everything happens for a reason!!

Comment

We're all here for you - chin up :-)

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone. Things are still quite hard, as I'm conflicted between wanting to stay hopeful and knowing that it might be better for me in the long run to really let go... I've been writing him letters on my computer, letters I don't actually plan on him seeing. I'm terrified right now. I don't want this to be over for good.

Comment

thats so sad. i read the obituaries thing too

i hope you are coping - theres no worse pain than heartbreak. fact.

Comment

I'm so sorry! Please stay strong and remember we are thinking of you!

Comment

Sometimes I feel like it's getting tougher every day instead of easier. We had a talk on Sunday so I could get better insight into why it happened. He said he was unhappy knowing that it wouldn't work out in the long run due to his academic and career plans and that, at 17, he wasn't ready for the kind of commitment we would have needed to work around that. It feels better now that I understand, but I am still hurting so much. I miss him every single day.

Comment

Originally posted by sopeeyaaa View Post
                            Oh, and also,
                            now you are "one heartache closer to happily ever after"

(:
                            i told you, the best is yet to come...as for me..."he has arrived!"

Comment

Working...
                            X