Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a special way of saying I love you to your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a special way of saying I love you to your SO?

I like to say I love you to my SO in a language he's slightly familiar with, which is called Chamarro. Since he's half guamian and the second official language is Chamarro, I thought he might like it if I did =D I'm not entirely sure if I'm ever saying it right though: "Hu guaiya hao".

How about you guys?

No we say it when we feel it, well it's always special, but not in a unique way i think your referring to. But my SO sometimes says he loves me but calls me baby girl when he does, and it still always gives me that extra feeling of love.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

"RAWWWWWWR" = I love you in Dinosaur.

Yes we are weird

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
        "RAWWWWWWR" = I love you in Dinosaur.

Yes we are weird
        lol he does that i go NYAAAAAAAAAAAA (i love you in kitty xD)

Comment

Most of the time i we say it so it sounds like "I laaarve vou" but when we're in a more serious mood we say it normally>.<

Comment

Haha, thats a funny one in our case. When we're on the phone we always say just 'I love you', but we never say it too often, so it's very special every time I hear it.

But then during one of our visits, we were fighting/joking around, and one of us, probably me, stuck up the middle finger at the other. His response to that was "I love you too". Ever since, when we're out with friends, or when we're standing far from each other, we'd just stick up the middle finger and we know it means "I love you" Gets hilarious with friends around. Then we also moved it to typing/texting : *middle finger*

also, while facebook posting, we'd just type 8 dots "........" and that stands for "i love you" as well, so as you can tell we dont really show off our feelings in public.

Comment

No special way for special occasions, but we do say I love you in Chinese when we're around people, knowing they can't understand us. We flirt in Mandarin too, it drives his mom and sister crazy. They do not like not knowing what we're saying.

The first time he said I love you in Chinese was Christmas last year at his dad's. He blurted it out while we were sitting across from each other at the dinner table and I remember blushing incredibly hard, forgetting that nobody else at that table understood him.

Comment

sometimes we call each other wall-e and eva

or if were in a crowded area we will squeeze each others hands three times, saying one for each word

Comment

We use rawr, as someone else said, it means I love you in dinosaur, and we also use aishiteru which is a very very deep way of saying I love you in Japanese, so strong in fact most married couples in Japan never even use it.

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
                    sometimes we call each other wall-e and eva

or if were in a crowded area we will squeeze each others hands three times, saying one for each word
                    we do the squeezy thing too! but ive come to get used to him squeezing... so he gives me a nudge and a "heyyy!" until ive sussed out he is saying it... hehe....

Comment

He likes to whisper "Jeg elsker deg" (norwegian) to me. I enjoy saying it like that too. Norwegian just naturally sounds like a song
                      “But now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.”

Comment

My SO likes it when I tell him "je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime" quickly. It's playful yet I find it as a way of reminding him how much I love him.

Comment

We sometimes call each other Zuckerchen as a special way to say I love you. I heard this word when watching a disney movie in german (the sowrd in the stone), and he thought it was adorable, so we made our secret way to say we love each other.

We also say like the dog mishka rom youtube, lol
                          like we are barking love you. its silly, but adorable.
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I usually say it in English as that's the language we communicate in (his native). He sometimes says it in English and sometimes in my language.
                            We don't say it daily or too often, only when we're inspired I guess. We were together last weekend and he spontaneously said it twice, I thought that was pretty amazing

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

We almost have our own German-Polish language that neither Polish nor German monolinguals understand. We basically use German words but in the Polish system (and some words we made up completely).

I love you is "Liebuje Cie". (where lieb- is from German and the rest is Polish).

We talk like that all the time, though. I feel sorry for our children already.

Also since my boyfriend is fascinated with Hungarian (it is a hilarious language, admittably) we sometimes randomly say "Szeretlek", too. We're nerds.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
                              X