Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a special way of saying I love you to your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
    We almost have our own German-Polish language that neither Polish nor German monolinguals understand. We basically use German words but in the Polish system (and some words we made up completely).

I love you is "Liebuje Cie". (where lieb- is from German and the rest is Polish).

We talk like that all the time, though. I feel sorry for our children already.

Also since my boyfriend is fascinated with Hungarian (it is a hilarious language, admittably) we sometimes randomly say "Szeretlek", too. We're nerds.

Lol

FMIL and i were today deciding wich language will my kids speak at home

she came to spend the day wih me, i feel sorry for the kids too, for they will speak portuguese, russian and german at home. XD
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I once told him by pointing to my toe then to my knee then his chest and his package then to his nose and his eye. Then I made a heart with my hands and pointed to him.

Tony Chestnut knows I love you.

It was from a song we used to sing in Grade 1. It was cheesy but it made him laugh.

Comment

We say it all the time, but at certain times it is said differently. Like when we have a really mushy moment we almost whisper it, he has what I call "the voice" when he says it in a way that just makes me melt, we have times where it's not so mushy, eg- "I love you, spaz" "I love you too, doof" and when we say goodbye on the phone it's always squashed into "k, love you, bye" and "k love you bye, too" (We say that fast so it sounds more like one single word.)
        ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
        The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Qud ' End is "I love you" in Klingon hehe
          Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
          Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
          Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
          Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
          Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

When I want to put a lot of emphasis on it I say I love you in German. Until this day I find it much harder to tell him I love you in my native language... I am not sure if he knows that it makes that much of a difference to me though....

Comment

I say it to him in Dutch sometimes. My mom was born there. I don't speak Dutch but I know a few phrases.
              When we're being silly, we say things like "I wov you" or "I lurve you". We're weird :P
              I love it when he says "I love you sweetheart". Makes me melt.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Mostly my husband and I just say I love you in Japanese (since it's the only language we use).
                Sometimes we say it in Danish (my native language), since my SO likes to believe that it'll mean more to me.
                When we want to take it more likely (or I wanna play cute) we sometimes say "I Rubu you" (The Japanese pronunciation of I love you XD)

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
                We use rawr, as someone else said, it means I love you in dinosaur, and we also use aishiteru which is a very very deep way of saying I love you in Japanese, so strong in fact most married couples in Japan never even use it.
                My husband and I (who only communicate together in Japanese) use 愛している (aishiteiru) often. I guess you can say that it is a deep way of saying I love you, but we use that since I consider 好き (suki) the other "I love you", to have a more "I like you" meaning, rather than "I love you".

In fact, the reason why Japanese couples don't use aishiteiru often, is not because it's too deep for them, it's more because Japanese people are firm believers in that love is something you show, not something you say.
                My husband likes to both say it and show it though... ^^

Comment

We communicate in Spanish, so we always say it in Spanish to one another. Sometimes he puts on a fake Argentinean accent and tells me "te quiero un montón" which is apparently something they say in Argentina (my SO heard this on TV, so who knows). I find it very cute.

Comment

Originally posted by megfashion View Post
                    we do the squeezy thing too! but ive come to get used to him squeezing... so he gives me a nudge and a "heyyy!" until ive sussed out he is saying it... hehe....
                    lol to avoid that sometimes we squeeze each others knee or arm, really just where ever we can touch without drawing to much attention, it just normally ends up being the hand! hahah

Comment

Sometimes we'll say "te amo" instead of just I love you. We're both hispanic so it works out

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by books View Post
                      We communicate in Spanish, so we always say it in Spanish to one another. Sometimes he puts on a fake Argentinean accent and tells me "te quiero un montón" which is apparently something they say in Argentina (my SO heard this on TV, so who knows). I find it very cute.
                      Sorry about this double post, but I didn't see this sooner! We do say stuff like that [I'm Argentinean]. I must say, I love the accent you put in monton xD It made me smile.

Comment

Working...
                      X