Bragging rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bragging rights

What do you like to brag about or show off about your SO? (let's say besides dashing good looks, since we all know we landed gems!) What do they like to brag about you?

I love showing off how good of a dancer my SO is. I see him on the dance floor and think "yeah ladies you see how good he is on the floor? Just imagine how he moves in bed!"

He loves to show off my baking skills. He works at a snack food company and always brings in my cookies, cakes, etc to share with his co-workers. They always tell him I should get a job there He also loves that I'm a gringa. I think it makes him feel cultured

I get to brag about how gorgeous he is I have had girls full on death-glare me before and I'm like "Yup all MINE MINE MINE!" haha and how well he looks after me; sending me shoe inserts when I said my feet were hurting from standing at work all day. Staying up with me when I'm sick or sad. He's just an awesome partner to me. I also brag about his way with words- his letters to me are so much better then anything I could write! He's definitely a charmer!

He always talks of how pretty I am and also my cooking skills; when I make him lunch he will brag of how good it tastes then hit anyone who tries to take a bite lol He also brags how he can go see bad-ass action movies with me at the Cinema, whilst all his work colleagues bar one are always forced to go see rom-coms

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well he's so smart and talented. He's in computer animation, so sometimes i do tend to talk about this, like i'll show some of his work when im online and someone's near, or when watching a pixar movie i'll maybe say "my SO is learning to do this, he can already make scenes and clips" It's just amazing, and he's so talented so sometimes i'll be reminded, and if someone happens to be near i'll just say it out loud XD

And then he also teaches Zumba, so whenever I see a zumba product or class or such it always reminds me of him, and I'll share that my bf teaches this lol

Not sure on his side, lol i wouldn't think he should brag. But over all I wanna brag just about him in general haha, that he is mine!! All mine!
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I love to brag about how he's on his country's national Wushu (chinese martial arts) team. He is SO FLEXIBLE OMFG and he's not even as flexible as he needs to be! xD I also love to brag about how he goes to one of the hardest schools to get into in his country and is studying engineering there.

In addition to those, I just love bragging about how he treats me like a princess. He's my real life prince charming. <3
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

About him: I love to brag that he's an amazing cook. He can make just about anything and it's always delicious. I'm always saying to my friends how he cooks me food and stuff. They're jealous haha. I also like to brag about how athletic he is.

About me: He likes to brag about how "hot" I am (in his eyes not mine!). But mostly he likes to brag about my grades and my future. He loves how smart I am academically.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

That he is an amazing man that takes care of me when im sick, tries his best to support me in any way he can. and does whatever to make me happy.

oh, and he loves me! and will be my husband and father of my children.

what more could i possibly want?
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Yes! Well, aside from being gorgeous, I brag about his dancing and cooking skills too! Well, he is a bit funny when dancing, my lanky baby <3 but he loves to, and he always asks me to when we go out, whereas none of my friends' boyfriends ever want to be seen on the dancefloor unless dead drunk -.-
              And he loves to cook, and he's good at it as well. And he's always so gentle and affectionate with me; never plays some macho shit when we're out with his mates. Like so many guys that I know do... my friends' boyfriends again.

He brags about my sports knowledge, particularly football (soccer). For some reason he's proud of my appetite - I have a huge appetite (luckily without putting on much weight), I guess he likes that I'm not fussy about food and keeps bringing it up.
              Last weekend we were at a dinner party with his friends and I ended up pwning one of his mates in a conversation, he's kind of a smartass and all the other guys think he's a bit of a douche. So everyone liked that. I glanced at my boyfriend and saw him fist pumping and mouthing "yes!!" lol

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I actually can't say I've ever really bragged? I tend to be a bit more private about what information I share, though if I vaguely highlight a moment and someone tells me that he seems like "such a sweetheart" or that he sounds like a "really genuinely good guy," I tend to elaborate and share more stories. I think to the people who are well aware of my issues surrounding sex, which would be people I'm close to, I like to somewhat brag about how aware he was of those issues during our first time and how patient and tuned in to my cues he really was. And how easily he listened to "no," which I've never had before.

I think if anything, he brags about my intelligence and ambition, what I'm doing in school, how much school I have ahead of me, how much I'm looking forward to it, in addition to my career goals, and how smart I am "in general." He also tends to be a bit more private about the information he divvies out.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

I think my family brags about my SO more than I do!! I was skyping with my sister recently, and she said she's told tons of people about how he's very easy on the eyes, he's ridiculously caring and looks after me so well, particularly important since I get sick a LOT, he listens to me and takes what I say to heart, he's got a great career, he's lovely and friendly (and people always seem to love him so easily!) and he's got a sexy accent!

I apparently have a tendency to drink and brag about some abilities he has that are better suited to the adult forum haha. But I guess other than that I don't massively brag about him too much... most of the people I know in Edinburgh I haven't known very long, and one is doing a very difficult LDR, so I try to keep the bragging to a minimum!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I try not to brag too much because I don't want to make people feel jealous or make them feel uncomfortable or something.. but I feel I have so much to brag about.. I found my perfect future partner who treats me so awesome and wants to do everything he can for me and wants to be with me forever! Besides the fact that I think he's the cutest guy ever, he also has such an amazing mind and has accomplished so much, including getting through many unfortunate situations in his life, and he does very well with music and languages. He also loves to be romantic with me and he makes me feel like the most special girl in the world. He's so amazing!!

Comment

My friends are all single, so I try to keep it to a minimum, but I love to brag about how great a boyfriend and how committed he is. He buys the best presents, he always calls when he says he would, he keeps making cute surprises.

My boyfriend doesn't like to brag about anything, he's super modest. But when people find out he has a German girlfriend, he likes to shock them by informing them that we speak Polish together. So if he brags it's about how smart I am. He corrects people when they think I look like the stereotypical German bar maid (there's an undying rumour/stereotype about German women being butt-ugly in Poland), though.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Hmmm, I dont really tend to brag too much about his good looks etc. I love the fact that he is a nurse and I will drop that into any conversation if I get the chance to :P I know he brags about my internship!
                        Si tu n'etais pas la
                        Comment pourrais-je vivre
                        Je ne connaitrais pas
                        Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                        Quand je suis dans tes bras
                        Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                        Comment pourrais-je vivre
                        Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                        Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Well, like you said, his looks...he's so handsome with the most beautiful skin. But also what a good and kind heart he has. How he will help people even when he is struggling himself. He also speaks three languages, which is super awesome.

He loves to brag about my cooking. He likes to tell people what I made us for dinner or even invite them over. He also tells me that he brags to people about how smart I am (and how many books I read! haha)

Comment

I try not to brag, but if people ask me what's great about him I'm more than willing to share. He's an AMAZING trumpet player and singer- musicians are to die for! He teaches elementary school music and he's great with kids which is really special to me. Not everyone has the patience to deal with 20 Kindergartners like he does. I also love that he's a mentor to a 3rd grader and really makes a difference in his life.

On the phone recently Dan told me his 13-year-old girl cousin asked if we were still together because "Daniel is quite the catch". I laughed so hard and couldn't help but realize she hit the nail on the head. He accepts me for who I am and is always there for me- even when I go crazy psyhco I'm in grad school and don't sleep mode. Last night I did that to him and I felt terrible. This thread made me realize how important he is to me, so thank you lucybelle for starting it!!

Comment

I brag about how amazing he is, how romantic he is, how he always checks in with me at least once a day, always says i love you, he's amazing in bed, and we have such a laugh together. It's movie love.

Comment

Working...
                              X