No announcement yet.

cheating???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In our case, since we're sexually open while we're LD, the only "cheating" would be if he started actually dating someone else.
    And the answer is "yes, but". I wouldn't be angry - I'd totally understand how it could happen, and wish him well, and trust this was meant to be. But I wouldn't keep seeing him. I think, if it came to it, I wouldn't let him dump her to keep me, either; I love him, and I want him to be able to have a normal, fulfilling CD relationship. If that means he has to have it with someone else, so be it. If my guy found someone else he liked enough to date, I'd be heartbroken, but I'd want him to date her, because she could give him a "real" relationship.

Comment

In my last LDR, we both promised right at the beginning that neither of us would cheat. But she did by meeting someone in S. Korea.
      The way I see cheating... it is as simple as your partner going out AND showing interest in someone else. Once you've cheated you've broken my trust and I won't be able to forgive you for a very long time; not to mention the person you cheated on going on my black list.
      I would not forgive anyone if they cheated on me at all and this is one morale that is written in stone.
      "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
      "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
      "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

I could forgive the cheating, but I wouldn't forget it. Which would lead me to not staying with him. I know how I am even if I tried to forgive him, I'll be one of those people still wondering if he's going to do it again, and who is he with, etc. So, more than likely no I wouldn't. I wouldn't speak to him either. It would just be over.
        https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
        Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
          . I wouldn't speak to him either. It would just be over.
          speaking to my ex was the hardest part. He was my first real boyfriend and we were together almost a year. ( in high school) But than when we broke up, even though i knew he cheated on me we "stayed friends" went out everyonce in a while, made out, went on dates, met in secret. until i just said fu*k you. im done, fromt that point on it has made a big difference.

it was like because i wouldnt put out at 15 he wanted me, but couldnt "control his urges"
          when i finally let him go, i could really open my heart 100% and i started dating michael again!

Comment

It really depends on the extent of the cheating. If he kissed someone else, I would stay with him but I'd have some trust issues and he'd have to prove to me that he really wants this to work. If it was sex with someone else, I'd be able to forgive him but I think I'd be too heart broken to continue having him in my life because to me, that's ultimately the lowest thing someone can do to a person they're supposed to love and be committed to.

Being "drunk" is not an excuse. No one is ever so drunk that they can't control their actions. If a man was that drunk, he probably wouldn't even be able to get it up let alone have sex with someone.

If he was emotionally cheating and I found out, I'd sit him down and talk to him about what he feels is missing from our relationship.

Hopefully we never have to go through any of this. I have faith that he loves me and wouldn't ever touch anyone else.

Comment

I only really have two deal breakers; cheating and abuse. I feel like if we love each other I'm going to at least try to work through anything else, but those things, in my opinion, terminate the relationship. If all I ask of you is to be faithful and to not put your hands on me or abuse me mentally and you cannot abide by those two guidelines, there's the door and that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
                I only really have two deal breakers; cheating and abuse. I feel like if we love each other I'm going to at least try to work through anything else, but those things, in my opinion, terminate the relationship. If all I ask of you is to be faithful and to not put your hands on me or abuse me mentally and you cannot abide by those two guidelines, there's the door and that's how I feel.
                Same. My SO and I have been clear with each other about the consequences of cheating.
                My heart belongs to a pilot!
                ~*~
                ~*~
                [/center]

Comment

I'd be able to forgive, that said, I would say it's very unlikely that I would stay with the person. I've been cheated on twice, and it destroys trust, and trust is something you have to have for a successful relationship. As far as what cheating is, I'm probably more strict than most. I don't mind him hugging his friends, but a kiss or more isn't ok. It's also not ok with me to be having any kind of sexual online relationship with someone else, there is emotional cheating and physical cheating and both are going to cause trust issues.

Comment

No, I wouldn't. I'd be too heartbroken. I wouldn't be able to get the images out of my head. I'd be thinking about what they did, how they did it and how she enjoyed herself - without me. It's just unacceptable.

Comment

It's hard to say yes or no because like others have said, it really depends on the situation. But knowing me, probably not. I don't think our relationship would ever be the same if he did.

Comment

I would like to think I would, especially considering he extended the courtesy to me last year when I cheated on him. But it really depends on the extent of the cheating etc. I made out with another guy, but we didn't have sex and my SO says that if sex had been involved, then he probably couldn't have stayed with me. That and if it was a repeat thing it would have been a completely different story, but it was a crazy once-off.

It really does depend on the situation etc. I'd like to think I could give him a chance, but it really does depend. And I think after what I did, that we both should have learned a lesson from it.
                        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

No.

He'd be dead to me. I don't care about 'moments of weakness' or any other excuse. There are no circumstances or situations that could justify it. Kissing or sex, it doesn't matter. I'd become indifferent after awhile and move on, but never with him. I'm pretty sure of that.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

It would ruin the whole foundation of trust that a relationship needs. I would end it, I'm sure. I dont mind hugging or kisses on the cheek for thanks etc. But Anything beyond that is a deal breaker. End of story.
                            Nothing ever comes with ease,
                            the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees

Comment

I honestly don't know. I've never been cheated on, to my knowledge, so I don't know how I'd react. I'd be heartbroken for certain, but could I move past that or would I be too hurt to forgive? I don't know.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X