No announcement yet.

The loot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I absolutely spoiled each other. I got him a picture frame with a picture of us in it, a sterling silver work watch, a blender and finally the crown jewel for him an authentic Green Bay Packers jersey. He got me some mittens, my favorite candy Swedish berries, $100 at two of my favorite stores and a white gold sparkly chain encrusted with crystals it's absolutely gorgeous! He also paid for half of the iPad 2 I got today for boxing day...(which I'm using right now and I looovvee!)

With all that being said this Christmas was amazing, great food with his family and mine and just some quality time to spend together. I hope everyone had a special Christmas as well and that Santa spoiled you with not only gifts but love.
    .We've Closed the Distance.
    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Another sad Christmas for me. Happy holiday times with family and friends? Made for movies, nothing more.

Comment

Just kidding! My SO got me the Clinque Acne Solutions set. It was very thoughtful because I am always telling him how self concious I am of my bad skin and I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide which is in most acne gels and such. He was talking to a girl from his work who recommended it and said it was the only thing that worked for her. He took me out today and got it for me :] I can't use the moisturizer because it has the benzoyl peroxide but I can use the foam cleanser, the clarifying toner, and the spot treatment :] Very thoughtful of him.

That's the set. I can't use the third one in the row but I can use the rest! It even comes with a cute carrying case.

And not really for Christmas but he got me a promise ring too a little while ago and I never got to put up a picture of me wearing it haha.

It has our names written on it :]
        Last edited by floridaellen; December 27, 2011, 01:55 PM. Reason: added pictures

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

His parents got me a Sgt. Pepper's tank top which I'm wearing right now. My boyfriend got me 3 books that I've wanted, a teddy bear that you can put into the microwave so you have something warm to cuddle with, an Aperture Science tank top, and my absolute favorite: a photo album with pictures from his October visit and plenty of room for more pictures from his upcoming February visit. I started crying when I opened the photo album...he's so romantic :3.

Comment

My Angel sent me an Angry Birds shirt, her parents sent me slippers, she got me a huge box of the candy that we loved on our first visit, and a Post Secret book that she filled with her own secrets too. It made me cry. Hard. She's so thoughtful and so utterly sweet and I feel so connected with her. It's the best present I could have gotten, other than her being here physically, of course. :3

Comment

neither of our packages to eachother arrived before christmas! we'll have to do presents together on skype once they arrive.

he did give me the money to buy an electric shaver though, which was part of my christmas present and he also organised some other very sweet presents.

On Christmas morning I had him on skype in the living room so he could see the whole family open presents.. towards the end of the present opening my sister handed me a present and the card said it was from my sister and my SO, they got me a book about an LDR and a pillowcase with a heart and mine/SO's initials stitched on.

then my brother gave me a present from him and my SO, they gave me 2 dvds, the notebook and going the distance

and finally my youngest sister (shes 7) got out a piece of paper and started singing, my SO and her sang me a little song about how much i mean to them. they managed to stay in time with each other even with the skype lag!

i had tears in my eyes after receiving such thoughtful presents, the fact that they worked together in secret to give me such great presents was so nice. My family said they loved organizing it with my SO and would skype with him while i was at work. Mum really was amazed at how great the idea was and how my SO organised it all with them, hes so amazing :P
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Zach got me the limited edition, handmade Iron and Wine poster that I've been wanting since it appeared on Iron and Wine's Facebook. Only 160 copies were made and I felt really loved that he thought to snag one. His dad and sister sent me this adorable raccoon scarf and mittens set from Eddie Bauer. <3

Comment

I know i posted this on my forum, but my SO got me a diamond ring (not the engagement kind) for Christmas and a Ruby Fuchite necklace for Winter Solstice. I got him the Lego Super Star Destroyer...^^. I was surprised. I was expecting a ring since he asked my size but i wasn't expecting a diamond. So much so that I had to ask him what the stone was when i got it in the mail...lol. I thought maybe cubic zirconium, but its a diamond set in white gold (bc i hate hate hate yellow gold and he remembered.) =)
                  "You want for myself
                  You get me like no one else
                  I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                  Even in the darkest part of me
                  I am beautiful with you
                  Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                  You're here with me
                  Just show me this and I'll believe
                  I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

We didn't get each other anything. Neither of us are very big on christmas

Comment

My SO got me a ipod shuffle, a running top and some saxy lingerie from victoria secret

Comment

He says he got me two things, but I've only received one. He got me Forza 4 which is a racing car game we can play together on xbox live. I love it. I love cars and it has a whole section for my favorite TV show that I got him to watch and he loves now too. And we get to play it together. If you ask me it's a super thoughtful gift because it's one we can do together. He's excited about the other thing he got me too.

I could care less about presents though, it's just nice that he did something to make me feel special. We opened them together on the phone. I got him two sets of presents, one set he opened earlier this month when I was there -- a ceramic knife and the League Seasons 1 & 2. I also got him a Cowboy's hoodie, a geeky game for him to play with his friends and a Cowboy's ornament that I haven't sent him yet (it didn't fit in the box but I"m going to send him something for his dog too so I"ll toss it in there) that we can put on our first Christmas tree together next year.

Comment

His mother gave me money with wich I bought a very special bead for my Trollbeads bracelet (very very lucky to find it for the original price with the help of a friend, they go for around 120 euros nowadays, but I paied only 56 euros for it, with shipping included! So I feel very, very lucky!!!), it was a special edition only available at the netherlands and it came with a book.

He gave me two charms for my meaningful pandora bracelet. The dog is because we really want a dog but can´t have one yet, so for now, as I´m nt left dog-less, he gave me this sterling silver dog, while I wait for our real one.

And the bear is because the first gift he ever gave me, on the day we met, was this huge teddy bear that I named Max, and love so very much! Now I have my wn little max to carry around!
                          Here is a picture of them on my bracelet, that also has an angel (my family name is Engel, that means angel in german).

He also gave me a charm for my Thomas Sabo charm watch (they are on the watch now, but on the future I will buy a charm bracelet from Thomas Sabo to put the charms on, and leave the watch with a more clean look, without charms):

It is a roller skate charm, for my love of roller derby, and the wheels move!!! it is adorable!

And here it is, with the charm watch I bought for myself, and the globe charm (to represent overcoming our LDR), that I also bought for myself. someday the charms will move to a thomas sabo charm bracelet, and the watch will be left without charms, but for now, while I just have 2 charms, I like the look!
                          And here are a couple of pictures from us this Christmas:

so he gave me 2 pandora beads and one thomas sabo charm! I am really really in love with my gifts! <3

and from my gifts you can tell how much I love charm bracelets, hm? But I will limit myself to those 3 brands, as I dont like to mix and match brands, so each bracelet will only have beads from its corresponding brand (Pandora, Thomas Sabo or Trollbeads. makes easy for people to give me gifts, just to choose a bead from one of those brands, lol)
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

nice!

He got my Victorias Secret yoga pants , pajamas, and bra and undies. Bare Essecuntuals makeup kit, and he says I get one more present when I move there in 2 weeks!

Comment

I got a very nice new camera to indulge my photography obsession from the SO's aunt and uncle... and they put his name on it.
                              A very expensive food processor and a new set of calphalon cookware from his grandmother. (maybe she's hinting at something, haha)
                              A beautiful handmade bath set with like ten bars of different handmade soaps from his parents.
                              A weekend getaway from him.

Oh, and a very large bottle of party liquors and some new clothing from me to me.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                              - A. A. Milne

Comment

This is my absolutely beautiful present from my wonderful boyfriend! A heart necklace and matching earrings. I was so surprised and taken aback by how beautiful it was when I opened it. <3
                                Last edited by loveknowsnodistance27; December 27, 2011, 07:13 PM.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X