X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to call a guy?

Hey everyone :-)

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!

Well, I was wondering how do you call your boyfriends, and for those boys in the forums, how do you like to be called by your girlfriend?
    Im just wondering, sometimes I see people posting about their boyfriends on Facebook saying cute stuff...but then I think, it may be a little embarrassing for the guys??

What do you think about it?

Im just curious :=)

Well my boyfriend has earned the pet name "Typo," but when it comes to traditional names, I typically tend to use "honey," "dear," "darling," and "angel" the most (not sure where angel came from, seeing as it's generally seen as being more feminine). His favourites are "dear/deary/dearest" and "darling." We don't use "babe" or "baby" unless we're very clearly playing around. Typically on Facebook I refer to him as "boyfriend," "the boy," or sometimes, but rarely, "Typo." Most of the time I refer to him as "you" and our posts are very neutral other than, say, a <3. On his wall anyway. On mine I feel a bit more free/liberal. Although he's not embarrassed by the sweet things, pet names, or "I love you"s, I had an ex who kept me secret for the better part of our relationship and didn't want me posting on his wall let alone saying anything endearing or girlfriend-like. So I think it really depends on the guy. I know some people on my Facebook, for example, who gush all over the place and others who don't. It's really individually dependent.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

We have the usual "Hun, love, baby, babe, hunnie" kind of names. He sometimes calls me sleeping beauty and has even recently come to start calling me Hinata (because I am shy like the character sometimes, but I do have a strong side). I've yet to really find a name that sticks for him that hasn't been used by his ex/s, but I do call him my king or knight. Mostly coz of the chars we rp with haha.

Comment

In the beginning I felt self concious of referring to him by anything other then his name. I had never called him anything and saying it out loud to myself... it seemed idk.. I just wasn't used to it. But after awhile of talking to my family and telling others about us, it got normal to call him my boyfriend. And now I still call him by his name but we use hun or baby or love, its just natural now. He'll call me his baby girl, he knows how i love it. I think if your not used to it, it may take awhile to get comfortable without feeling concious of what you said, but with time it rolls of the tongue.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

I call him "babe/baby/boo". I feel like these are really unoriginal though haha. I want to come up with something else for him. I don't know what though. I only call him by his name when I'm being serious, I guess.

Comment

hum.. well the new one is "mr moo" (because he keeps on being a mooooooo :P)

Comment

I still get called "hunnii" a lot, among other endearments.

Comment

my SO and I are very discreet over the internet, and in public too. so the rare times where i'm being cute with him on facebook i call him Mr.D , D being his last name's initial
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

With others or among others, I just refer to him by name. If I say something about him on Facebook I just say 'you' or 'him' because everyone knows to whom I'm referring. When I'm talking to him I do tend to call him bay, hun, sweetie, bear or some other random endearment. For a few months, I called him Starfy. Typically, if I really love something I will refer to him as that.

Comment

Male -

I love being called sweetie, honey, baby. Anything like that. I love public affection in terms of those types of things and holding hands. Maybe a kiss on the cheek or lips but nothing really past that.

It's not embarrassing for me to be called anything like that in public or on facebook or anything like that. It gives me a sense that the person is proud to be with me.

Comment

His true pet name is "Dweeby" I dont remember exactly how it started but I know it had something to do with the way I called him a dweeb and the way it sounds with an american accent haha. Theres even a back story: Dweeby is the 8th little dwarf that wasnt so little who got lost in the woods one day because hes a dweeb n doesnt know what hes doing half the time...and he ran into a much cooler, prettier princess than snow white. And they lived happily ever after.

Other than that "hunny" is our affection of choice at the moment. Babe/baby is reserved for particularly steamy moments. Sweetie is for those more affectionate times.

He also went by "Fat head" when we were in london...xD

Comment

We called each other baby or babe
                        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

We call each other baby and he told me he really likes to be called that. I don't think it's embarrasing. we don't call each other honey or darling because we think it's more for older people even though it probably isn't.

Comment

Usually he calls me by the typical babe/sweetie/babyboo cutesy nicknames a lot more than I call him by them. It's always felt a little awkward to me to call a guy who's about double my size baby haha. I'll call him boobear but I like calling him Destywesty or Destbunny more than I do anything else. The most used nicknames would definitely be Chunky for him and PB cup for me because we both just really like Reese's peanut butter cup but he likes his peanut butter super chunky and I don't... I don't even know haha. They've just been like our signature nicknames for eachother.

In public, we hold hands and we'll call each other by some nicknames but on facebook, we try to tone it down. We're not one of those couples who post "I love you!" every four seconds on eachother's walls but he does leave extremely sweet comments on a lot of my pictures/posts and I try to leave funny comments on his stuff to make him laugh and to somewhat impress his friends (who still don't like me very much. ) with how clever their "bro"'s girlfriend is haha.

Comment

Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
                              We call each other baby and he told me he really likes to be called that. I don't think it's embarrasing. we don't call each other honey or darling because we think it's more for older people even though it probably isn't.
                              Tehe, I always feel old-fashioned liking pet names such as "darling" and "doll" (even if he doesn't use this one). Even "dear" or "honey" occasionally make me feel a bit old, so even if they might not be specific to older people, they do have an old-fashioned tone to them. I'm 20, love the names, and can even recognise it. :P
                              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                              Met online: February 2009
                              Feelings confessed: December 2010
                              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                              to be continued...

Comment

Working...
                              X