Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is she doing?!?!

i dont know how to even react to it.

its not julia, it actually the SO's mum now.

she used to be like a mum to me, but now it seems as though she is trying to take him away. im being really serious. every time im around she will be there, if we try and spend abit of time together she will come in and ask the SO to do something.
    we were supposed to have a sleepover tomorrow with his mates, and now she has said that i cant have any alcohol (seriously, i wouldnt even have much because i prefer being sober) and now i cant even sleep with him (like literally sleeping. its rude to have sex upstairs when there are guests downstairs {that sounds weird...})

im just so frustrated. this is the last time im seeing him before he goes off for another 12 weeks, and all thats happened is her being there. constantly.

WHAT DO I DO.

we used to be so close but now i just dont think we can be. it was fair enough the first few days as she mustve missed him, but its getting rediculous now. loads of phone calls when the SO is round mine, and then always interrupting when im round his.

its half a vent n half a plea. just dont know what to do now because we only have a couple days left. UGH.

Is it possible your SO has said something to her, either to encourage her behaviour or prompt it in some way? Or is he as fed up as you are? And when you say he'll be going away for 12 weeks, where? Will she be able to see him during that time either? It's also possible she's worried about missing him same as you are, not to mention it's the holidays. Were you not the one whose SO's father passed away? Could it be possible his mother is feeling that emptiness/loss due to it being the holidays and so is clinging to her son as a result? She may not even be entirely aware she's doing it.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I can definitely understand your frustrations. Especially if your SO is a bit of a mama's boy. However, that doesn't excuse her from being rude and disrespectful. If you haven't done so already, I would suggest calmly talking to your SO about, and see if he can't nip it in the bud.
      But at the same time, remember she was his mother before you were in the picture. It might be hard for her to be away from him, just like it is for you. A little understanding and empathy can go a long way. Of course, again, I definitely know where you're coming from though. It's unfortunate that he is leaving soon and it looks like you haven't really been able to spend much alone time with him. I still say talk to your SO about it. Next time, try to organize his visit so that both you and his mom get quality time with him that you both deserve.
      Try to fix the issue as it arises, ESPECIALLY when it involves possible future mother-in-laws. Most importantly of all, try to empathize with her. It could be what you said yourself - she may not realize what she's doing. You seemed to have been fairly fond with her in the past, don't let this issue alter your feelings about her. You could even try talking to her about it. If you and her live in the same area, maybe get together one day, have coffee or something, and talk it out. But either way, whether you talk to your SO and trust him to fix it, or you take it into your own hands, do NOT let this issue just go away on its own. You will hold on to your frustrations forever if you don't talk to one of them. Nothing ever just goes away.
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...