Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Here Is Currently In A LDR With a Military Man? Or Woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Here Is Currently In A LDR With a Military Man? Or Woman?

I am starting my mission as Air Force trainee support system of my amazing man. We met and have been together 11 months...I know, it sucks he won't be around for our anniversary. I have a few ideas on how to change that and make it a little bit better.
    But to tell you my story, go to my blog at: https://rosesldr.blogspot.com/.
    My question for you guys is, how did you cope with not speaking with your SO those first two months of BMT? It is crazy making in my head. But i am trying to ignore it and get on with life. I want better ways of channeling this. I keep finding places to get support including my blog, this site and experienceproject.com. But I still am scared that this is all going to come crashing down. I want some advice on how to deal with it before it does. So share your stories about the hardships, the good times together and apart, the truth behind the loneliness. Please.

I am in the navy right now i have been in for over 3 1/2 and boot camp is a big life changer for allot. I can't say that his experience will be bad or good but overall you can make it allot better for him just by writing letters. I wouldn't recommend sending stuff like goodies, treats, or anything. Stuff like that can put him in the spot light and being in the spot light in time like that is bad because his Drill Instructors or who ever is in charge of his group there is gonna make and example of him.
    I know when I went threw boot camp I was single but letters from family and friends did wonders to improve my morale overall and make things seem allot better then they really are. I imagine he is going to have to go to school afterward too, and that will be allot easier since he will have access to the internet, cellphones, telephones allot of other things people take for granite. As time goes on it gets easier trust me. However after he gets to visit it hurts allot when he has to leave again. This past christmas while i was home with my fiance for about a week it was like heaven getting to be with her and spend time with her. The day i had to leave though it was the hardest thing i had ever had to do and from my point of view i felt like the biggest asshole in the world only because I had to go. You might be mad at him for leaving but understand that its not his choice to leave its part of the job. You should also be proud and let him know your proud that he is doing this! It makes my day when my fiance says she is proud of me and feels honored that we are together. You can also get some pretty funny novelty t-shirts too. For ex. my fiance has a shirt that she after we had started dating that says my boyfriend is a sailor and he'll kick your ass. There are thousands of people who make relationships like this work everyday and it takes them being strong and faithful.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Sorry for jumping around i have horrible grammar skills lol.

Comment

My boyfriend is an ex army ranger who did a tour in the middle east, he was discharged to be with his mother before she passed away, and who also spent some time in the navy. I tell him how proud of him I am all the time. I wear his navy sailor shirt proudly. Although part of me is quite glad he is no longer serving, he finished before we started dating. I couldnt take all the worrying about him, he was injured by shrapnel from an RPG while overseas! :o A salute to all of of the brave men and women in our armed forces and their SOs.

Finding myself.

Comment

I am currently dating a man in the Military Air Force. We just recently started dating so we are still new to this but we both know that we will be together for a long time.
        While he is gone, he has a job as a firefighter and a EMT where he is at. We met over christmas break and we got to talk alot and thats how we fell in love.
        Ill never forget when we first started dating he asked me "do you see yourself married to a man in the military?" I said "yes" he asked "why?" and I said "You guys do so much for our country and risk your life for us, the least I can do is have a home for you to come home to and be faithful."

hes trying to get leave to come see me in may

Comment

My boyfriend is in the military. I'm in Ny , and he's in NC. We've only been together for a month or so, so our relationship is fresh

Comment

My boyfriend is in the Air Force and based in Germany. We weren't together when he went through basic, (hes been in the AF for a little over 3 years now) so I can't help you from personal expirence with that. (we were friends then though) Write letters and tell him everything you feel in those letters. Tell him how much you miss him and how proud you are of him. It won't only comfort you, but him as well. It's going to be hard, but that first hello will make everything worth it. Hang in there. Message me if you need to talk, vent, advice about anything.

Comment

If everything had gone according to plan my SO would be going to basic training next month. It didn't so now he's heavily involved in CAP, drill teams, and possibly the Army Cadets in the future--to get his "military kick." He's an Army brat so it's in his blood. I was actually looking forward to being a military SO believe it or not. I'm more than proud of him either way.
              ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
              The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

My fiance is in the army. We started our relationship the day he left american soil (great timing on my part I know). Skype and phone calls have been very helpful. When you don't have those things it's nice to keep pictures of your loved ones with you so you can see their face.

Comment

My boyfriend is in the Royal Marines Commando (in England). I served in the Swiss Armed Forces. We hardly ever seen each other while we were both in the military. I have a regular job now which makes that one easier. I got medical discharged, so I wasn't exactly happy about leaving but now I see it was all for the best
                  As long as he isn't training for a tour he's off the weekends. I see him about every two weeks, sometimes even every week. Flights cost quite a bit but we finally managed to book them early, so they're affordable

Comment

My boyfriend is in the Marines. I've dated three Marines (all my good friends) and I'm working on a book on USMC relationships. I have a little bit of advice for you.

1) Keep yourself busy with school or work, count down the paychecks or a smaller number so it doesn't seem so far away. The time will fly by, just don't think about it too much. I went through 13 weeks of not talking to my ex while he was in boot camp with the Marines. It was hard but you get use to it with time. It doesn't get easier, you just learn how to handle it.

2) Deployments can drive you crazy once he's in. I don't know much about the Air Force deployments but with one of my exes. We barely talked for 7 months, he was always busy and he didn't have time to talk. Communications were far and few between. You just find ways to make it easier, write him letters, keep a journal, and keep your head up. Staying positive is the best thing you can do.

If you need anything let me know. I know this was short but I have to go help out some Marine girlfriends at the moment!
                    Here's my military relationship blog: semperfikindoflove.blogspot.com
                    I wish you the best of luck dear and welcome to the military family.

Comment

Working...
                    X