No announcement yet.

Soulmates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did when I was young. Life experience led me to disregard the idea. Met my SO and thought maybe I should never have given up hope. <3

Comment

I do not believe in soul mates. This probably stems in part from my very literal recognition of love as chemical processes, but I also just feel that there is no one "right" person for you. People remarry after their spouses die. People move on after "perfect" relationships end. I think each person has a particular thing they look for in a relationship and eventually they find someone who they like.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I believe in it. I believe that somewhere out there in the world exists a person who is perfectly right for you. Maybe I have read too many Nora Roberts books, but ever since I was little, I always thought it was true. However, I think it's extremely rare when someone finds their soul mate. Because like everyone else said, there are tons of other people in the world that you could fall in love with, and have a great life together with. But that doesn't mean they are your soul mate.

For example, one of my old high school teachers was sixty-three when she taught me. She had children and grand-children, and her husband had died a few years prior. She told us once that she would never give up all the years and happiness that she had with her husband, and that she had loved him very much. However, there was a man she was in love with before she was married and she called him her 'one true love', or the love of her life. She never told us what happened or why they broke up, but she did say once that it was a constant thought in her mind, wondering if her life would have been different with him instead. It's hard to explain, but the way she talked about him, you could tell that they were soul mates. It the was whole lose-your-breath-at-the-sight-of-him kind of thing.

I don't know, I'm a believer. Love is great, and you can find it with anyone, pretty much. But true love is rare.

Comment

when I was growing up I used to believe in soulmates- that there was one perfect man out there for me. then I experienced life and came to believe that no perfect soulmate existed. then last year I met my man nd I now once again believe in soulmates.

Comment

I used to believe in soul-mates and 'the one' too, but I don't anymore.

I love my SO with all of my heart and I could spend the rest of my life with him, but I also believe that if I didn't meet him, I would have met someone else eventually. We do seem to be strangely perfect for each other at times, and a lot of people comment on how well-matched we are, but he's also influenced who I am today and if I had met someone else, they might have influenced me in a different way.

Comment

I do believe in soul mates. in my mid 20's I was engaged to an amazing man - I truly believe he was my soul mate. 2 months before the wedding date he died in my arms of a massive heart attack (we had been out to dinner and running errands). I sat with him (after he passed) in the er room waiting for family to arrive and we had a long talk. Yes, he was dead, and yes, we really did talk. he promised to always take care of me. 18 years later I believe he sent me a wonderful man to care for me. I feel like me and my so are soul mates now.
              everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Thomas More described the meaning of soul mate a little more eloquently whe he said "A soul mate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communication and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace. This kind of relationship is so important to the soul that many have said there is nothing
                more precious in life."

Deep within each human being is a desire to feel connected physically, emotionally and spiritually to another person….. to know and be deeply known. This is the meaning of soul mate. I do believe in soulmates, and I know that my boyfriend is my soulmate. Soulmate doesn't mean that they are going to be perfect and that the relationship will be perfect. It means that they are your other half and your souls belong together. I believe that that is one of the main things that help our relationship. We are soulmates, and we've found each other now, especially after all the little things that happened for us to start talking. I believe that our souls are connected now, emotionally and spiritually (we haven't met in person yet, so not physically) and even if it did end between us, we would somehow end up crossing paths again sometime in the future, no matter how long it would take. Simply because we are soulmates.

Comment

I believe in soulmates, ive def found mine (=

Comment

Originally posted by BabyDimples View Post
                    Soulmate doesn't mean that they are going to be perfect and that the relationship will be perfect. It means that they are your other half and your souls belong together.
                    Liked this!

I now believe in soulmates

Comment

Working...
                    X