This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend Atttention...

So ive been playing Minecraft alot online lately with alot of different people and stuff.. And talking to other guys and girls.
    But lately ive been getting this feeling like im not spending/talking to my boyfriend as,much as I always do.
    I mean we talk everyday but now sinces I have been playing this game alot it just seems weird to me.
    And I am always missing him even more now:/
    just had to get that out sorry if I bored you..
    Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Maybe invite him to play it with you? or make dates (settling a time) with him where you stop to play the game and give him your undivided attention!
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Maybe invite him to play it with you? or make dates (settling a time) with him where you stop to play the game and give him your undivided attention!
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

How about playing less then and talking more with him = missing him less?

Comment

I agree with elina, seems like an easy solution. Stop playing your game so much and instead of talking to other people focus more on him.

Comment

I agree, plan other things to do together, chat times, movies, etc. Talk to him about how you're feeling, maybe he's feeling the same, or maybe he doesn't realize that you feel like this.

Comment

If you feel weird because you feel guilty about not talking to him as much as before, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. It doesn't make you a bad girlfriend and doesn't mean you love him less. It's just that at some point people need a bit of time for themselves and their hobbies. It's good for them and for the relationship: it makes them less clingy, puts them in a better mood, gives them something to talk about with their SOs; it's good for all sorts of reasons. And there's nothing wrong with hanging out with both guys and girls, as long as there are no lines crossed.

Has your boyfriend complained? If he feels neglected, see why he feels that way and make a compromise with him. Limit your playing time, set fixed times when you'll be available to talk to him - something he can count on. Or include him in the game like others suggested, if he's interested.

Unfortunately a day only has 24 hours and I think everyone wishes they'd have enough time to do everything we want as much as we want: talk to our SOs as much as we want, go to work or school like we have to, play games and do other stuff that relaxes us. But the reality is we have to limit each activity to make time for everything. Some days you won't be interested in the game so much but you'll want to spend more time with him, some days you'll feel more relaxed if you play the game. As long as you don't neglect each other's needs, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I feel like this is fairly simple to figure out.

A) invite him to play with you

B) Cut your playing time down my 1/4 or a 1/2 and replace that time with him

C) dont play
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I don't think I really see the problem here.
                  You're playing a game, maybe too much, and you feel guilty and miss your SO...
                  It would be a problem if you didn't have these thoughts. A lot of people have to fight to draw their SO's attention away from video games, especially in CDRs.
                  You realize something is wrong, so fix it. Make time for him.

Comment

Spend time more time with your SO. Then there's no guilt

Comment

Yah, agreed. Just make more time for him then. :P

Comment

I'm not really sure what the issue is here. :P

If you're feeling guilty because you only feel like you should be spending time with your boyfriend and not playing Minecraft, as someone else said, don't. It's important that two people have their own lives and their own interests and more importantly, their own time. You also reach a point in your relationship where having your own time is important, and you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting it. If you're simply feeling like you're not talking with him as much and so are missing him more and it's negatively effecting you, either invite him to play with you or don't play for as long/often as you currently are. The solution to this is really quite simply, fortunately.
                        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                        Met online: February 2009
                        Feelings confessed: December 2010
                        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                        to be continued...

Comment

yeah
                          Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Working...
                          X