I Was Feeling A Little Bummed Until ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Was Feeling A Little Bummed Until ...

Well I'm getting more excited today than I was yesterday about being accepted into the university in Texas, everything with closing the distance is becoming to real I can't believe it.

Anyhow, I was a little bummed out about Valentine's Day today, I really want to spend it with my boyfriend and even know I know he'd still make the day special, it's not like spending it in the arms of the person you love. I know it's a stupid day to some people, a Hallmark holiday or whatever, but I don't care, to me it's a day to celebrate your love for someone. I've never had a boyfriend kind enough to want to celebrate with me, they always dismissed it even though it means something to me.

Just as I'm thinking about this the receptionist at work comes around with a list of days the office is closed. One of them being February 20th. I only work Monday - Thursday (except now I'm working two jobs so I can afford to move) and suddenly my brain starts working ... I think, well I have an extra $250, I can afford a plane ticket ... so I ask my boyfriend - hey can I come out Friday - Monday, I know he has to work but I'd just love to spend the time with him and he said ok! (Like he'd say anything else lol )

I'm so excited now, I get to see him 3 times in three months, then two six week stretches between visits and then we close the distance! It seems like it should be a cake walk now! I'm just excited for the extra visit. It means so much to me.

Yay! Congrats! Those little financial surprises when it comes to extra visits are always wonderful.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I know I should be saving it to move but I don't care, I'd rather see him. I feel so blessed to be close enough that we can do things like this. I am REALLY looking forward to the extra time with him.

Comment

Trust me, I struggled a lot with the decision as to whether or not to book his visit for March myself, but I figured with everything we've gone through recently, he could use the holiday and we could both use the couple time. Sometimes you simply need that time with your SO.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
          Trust me, I struggled a lot with the decision as to whether or not to book his visit for March myself, but I figured with everything we've gone through recently, he could use the holiday and we could both use the couple time. Sometimes you simply need that time with your SO.
          You really do, and it's something I see so many people in CD relationships take forever. My trip is nowhere near as expensive as yours but I kinda feel the same way. Our relationship has been a roller coaster and things are just so good when we are together, I need the extra time with him probably more than he knows. I CANNOT wait to book the trip tomorrow.

Comment

Aww im glad you get to see your SO soon! I agree, sometimes you really do just need the time together. My SO could have waited till May when I go there for a few months, but he booked for march for 2 weeks. My grandma thinks thats crazy, so much for a small amount of time. But it is so worth it to see each other, im going to make him feel so loved.
            But hooray, I bet your going to feel double excited and happy once it's actually booked!
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

For sure, and you know I don't think it's crazy to book a short trip, isn't it worth it to see the person you love? I think it is!
              My boyfriend is going to have to work the whole time I'm there, he may take two days off but I told him he doesn't have to, I don't mind entertaining myself until he's home from work.

Enjoy your visit! And hey, two weeks is longer than I've ever spent with my boyfriend. That's not a short time at all.

Comment

Working...
              X