Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible that after i visited she just lost all feelings for me overnight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible that after i visited she just lost all feelings for me overnight?

I was just going through the texts from my ldr breakup. Quick info we started dating July she moved in November to florida. Visited her for christmas and it wasn't as she expected and after christmas day she was just being cold, rude, and very bitchy at anything i said. she said from all the text messages after the trip she doesn't want a phone relationship anymore she's not happy/she lost all feelings for me just like overnight. i was looking at some earlier texts and right after she left she sorta started a fight saying she should just forget about me now that she has moved but then she quickly said she has such strong feelings for me she doesn't know what to do.

i am on no contact since she told me she has no feelings for me anymore and it happened over night and its been day 7 of nc. i am finally realizing that it is because she can't do long distance at all. i understand but im just trying to figure out if she still has feelings or she's just trying to hide them or what?

I am moving on but i want to give her a bit of time before i send her a text again.

she probably just doesn't want you to see what she's going through would be my guess. i highly doubt the feelings are just gone like that

Comment

I disagree, I've had feelings disappear. I don't know why or how, but they did.
      It's REALLY unfair to the other person, and what I did was REALLY unfair to my then boyfriend, but I couldn't change the way I didn't feel anymore and I was too afraid to face him and tell him well ... I didn't like him anymore, he suddenly disgusted me.

Comment

To me it sounds like she got fed up with what the relationship is. Although people go on and on about warning signs all the time, I think that for as many times as there are warning signs, there are times where there aren't. Sometimes things build and the person themselves doesn't even notice until everything boils over; I think either a lack of recognising the cues or a complete denial of them in some cases can lead to situations like this, a situation in which she didn't want to give up without giving it a shot but she simply can't pretend she's happy anymore. My advice would be to accept the fact that she doesn't want to work on the relationship and do what you need to do to heal and move on from it; psychoanalysing whether or not she still has feelings for you will only drive you mental, and it will not change your situation.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

It really doesn't matter if she has feelings or not. Point is that the relationship is over and she has no intention of working on it. Thankfully she ended it when she did rather than drag it on. Sometimes no mater how much you work at it, a relationship is not meant to be.

Comment

yes im just trying to make sense of it all. i do remember that when she moved she was freaking out about having a relationship that far and i guess she already had it made up in her mind that it would be over before i even landed to see her.

Comment

I know it hurts to have to go through this, no one deserves it. But now the best thing you can do for yourself is to move on. Try to find some closure for yourself, but don't spend all of your mental efforts trying to figure out when things went downhill. Even if you could figure out exactly when and why, that doesn't change things. What's important is that it was not ended because of something you did. These things happen, and in fact I was in the situation you're in right now. Not long distance, but I had been dating this guy a few years ago for a little, and suddenly almost over night he went from being head over heels for me to not even wanting to sit next to me.
              These things happen sometimes, but it was out of no fault of your own, so don't beat yourself up about it. And I can't say it was her fault either. I'm sure she feels a level of guilt for her feelings changing, but like Darth_Taco said, it's good she didn't drag it out too much.
              sigpic
              Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
              Our first LDR ~ August 2009
              Closed the distance ~ January 2011
              He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
              Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
              He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
              Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
              Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Originally posted by ushiwakafox View Post
                I know it hurts to have to go through this, no one deserves it. But now the best thing you can do for yourself is to move on. Try to find some closure for yourself, but don't spend all of your mental efforts trying to figure out when things went downhill. Even if you could figure out exactly when and why, that doesn't change things. What's important is that it was not ended because of something you did. These things happen, and in fact I was in the situation you're in right now. Not long distance, but I had been dating this guy a few years ago for a little, and suddenly almost over night he went from being head over heels for me to not even wanting to sit next to me.
                These things happen sometimes, but it was out of no fault of your own, so don't beat yourself up about it. And I can't say it was her fault either. I'm sure she feels a level of guilt for her feelings changing, but like Darth_Taco said, it's good she didn't drag it out too much.
                thanks and yes it was just like you explained. the day after christmas she like hated me and didn't talk to me or anything. im working on moving on.

Comment

Im going to be honest, i dont think someone can loe feelings overnight especially if they true love someone. I do believe that feelings can diminish gradually. I think maybe the distance was too much for her and she knew it awhile ago bt didnt want to lose you. Or she just didn want to be with u any longer. The last relationship I was in I realize that I wasnt happy anymore and didnt want to be in the relationship so i self consciously found ways to sabotage it so i could escape.Maybe this is the case. But I thinks she at least owes u theclosure of knowing the real reason yall are over. Hope I helped some...
                  sigpic
                  Not to get clever
                  but with you I see forever
                  But whatever it is,
                  Here's to you,
                  I Love You Kid...

Comment

I agree with anlgp and sierra.

I have had feelings disappear. Sometimes things just arent what you wanted them to be. And it, unfortunately is a fact of life. BUT, it is also true that people do push others away when they are afraid of getting hurt. Maybe she did lose feelings. But maybe something happened that she wasn't expecting and she just doesnt know what she wants at this point.

Either way, I think you should give it a bit more time and then send one final text. Let her know your feelings and that if she wants you are still willing to try. If she responds then awesome. If not then you have to let it go. Unfortunately this happens.
                    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I dated one guy in high school and everything was hunky dory until one day I couldn't help but find everything he did completely annoying, I thought maybe I was in a bad mood but after a week just everything he did drove me nuts. He didn't actually do anything different but I had to end it.
                      Sometimes there is no logical reason for why things happen, and that makes it frustrating. Don't try to look for reasoning behind it just try to move on.

Comment

hey thanks i believe she is trying to push me away also because she has always been hurt in the past with all over her boyfriends. i was the only one that didn't cheat or anything on her. i know she moved away to florida to be away form family drama etc but it sorta followed her. looking back through my text messages i got this one on new years. granted i did a lot of begging and pleading up until the 10th.

you are stressing me out. i cant be in a relationship. i need some time to be alone. im not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by therabbit14 View Post

you are stressing me out. i cant be in a relationship. i need some time to be alone. im not ready.
                          id she says she isn't ready, she just isn't ready.

I'm sorry, but try to forget her and move on, t will be the best for you in the long run.
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Honestly she has probiably been dealing with how she felt for awhile, than when she came home for christmas it prob wasnt the same. I am sorry

Comment

I tried to do the same thing to my SO just after I came back. I was having such a hard time with readjusting I felt like if I pushed him away it would somehow get easier for me. It sounds like she realized what it was like to have you with her and doesn't want to go back to dealing with the distance because its too hard for her.

Comment

Working...
                              X