Does your SO know....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your SO know....?

Does you SO know about Loving From A Distance website? I know some of you girls/guys are on the website with your SO. Mine does not know. Even if he did, he is not really the social network type. So he wouldnt log on anyways which is more then fine with me.

I like having this website to myself. So i know how to deal with the stuff that people in LDRs go through. Although I can talk to him about everything, I know i can talk to you girls/guys about everything AND HIM!

So thanks and does your SO know?
    sigpic
    Not to get clever
    but with you I see forever
    But whatever it is,
    Here's to you,
    I Love You Kid...

Mine does, he just isn't very interested in it. It's not really his sort of thing.

Comment

There is already a thread about this with the exact same title, make sure you are looking around before making duplicate threads. Thats why similar topics come up when you enter a thread name.

https://members.lovingfromadistance....s-your-SO-know

Comment

yea thats how my SO is too

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Sorry.....I didnt know.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Sorry.....I didnt know.
        sigpic
        Not to get clever
        but with you I see forever
        But whatever it is,
        Here's to you,
        I Love You Kid...

Comment

My SO doesnt know about this place, but I kind of like it that way. Like you said I can talk about everything here and him. But even if he knew about the site he wouldnt be part of it, he's not into that kind of thing. He likes twitter and reddit.

Finding myself.

Comment

Nope, my boyfriend and I met on a relationship forum and I pour my heart out here, I want it to remain personal to me. He does know that I'm part of a relationship forum, but not which one. He doesn't push me about it and I appreciate it.

Comment

He knows, but isn't particularly interested to join. While I am not the kind of person who posts much about self, I'm a rather private person, I do enjoy being here and it's become a part of my daily life. So, I'm happy having this forum to myself. =)

Comment

Yes he does know, and he has an account. He likes to read my posts from time to time

Comment

he does know about it, and made himself an account, but he doesn't use it at all. i just enjoy telling him about the ideas and suggestions i hear on here and wanted him to know where it all was coming from. But it's nice to have it to myself to speak my mind without him reading everything.

Comment

He know I'm on forums. That's something I told him way back when our relationship first started. I actually told him I used them to get unbiased opinions on stuff. He's used a forum board once for that reason. He knows I'm on LFAD, but I don't think it's his thing. He may stalk me I'm not sure though. lol. I wouldn't care either way. If I'm having a very legitimate problem he's typically the first to know, and if I can't reach him first I tell him and make sure he knows I've also looked into help on a forum.
                    ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                    The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Yes, but he respects the fact it's "my thing" in a way. For example, posting threads about my feelings when his mother passed away, things I couldn't burden him with at that point in time, it helps having somewhere private I can come to and disclose those things without being concerned about the way it's phrased. Even if he were a part of the forums, though, I imagine he'd be pretty respectful in general. Both he and I belonged to a forum at one point (how we met) and we tended to respect the other's privacy even when we didn't need to. :P He has his own forums that he's on as well, even if they're less social, more game-related, but I think it's important to have your own places that you can retreat to, same as it's important to have shared things in common. I often call it my LDR forum and I've shown him the site before and he's aware of what it is because I've sent him a bracelet, and I share a lot from here, but other than that, he's more or less uninvolved.
                      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                      Met online: February 2009
                      Feelings confessed: December 2010
                      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                      to be continued...

Comment

Nopee. He's not the type for this; plus, it's easier for me to get advice and such without him worrying about whether it's a bad thing or not.

Comment

My SO only knows about the main page, not the forums lol. His bracelet broke back in October and he wanted to know where I got it from so he could get another one for himself. I told him where I got it from, nervous that he'd find the forums and join (this is where I do my ranting about him lol), but he and I browsed the list of things to do while LD together while on the phone. I told him I'd buy him another bracelet because it was part of my anniversary present to him, so I felt like I should get him another one. But, no he doesn't know about the forums as far as I know. I like it that way because I need my own personal space on the Internet to vent about him without him knowing because sometimes there are just things, stupid little things I either misinterpret or get insecure over that I just want to mull over with you all first before deciding whether or not to talk to Anthony about it.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Yesterday I told him I joined a supportive site of people who are in LDRs and he said "Cool" and then we just talked about something else lol
                            I am fine with him knowing I am on here, but now that I think about it, it is kinda nice having this site "to myself" i guess ya can say.

Comment

Mine knows but it's not really his thing. When I first joined I wanted him to get on here so I was not the only one coming up with ideas of things to do in our relationship but now that I have started posting more I don't think I would want him on here because I usually get on here to get advice about our relationship and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X