No announcement yet.

"Me-Space"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, doesn't sound odd to me. I'm also someone who would love to get married and spend my life with the boy, but I definitely believe in the importance of having your own hobbies, your own space, and your own friends too. I don't think I could ever live with anyone sharing every detail with that person; it'd drive me mental.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I need my "me-space" and so does he. We actually just had a conversation about this topic tonight about how he feels like he needs to entertain me when I'm visiting him. Because to him he feels like all girls like attentions from their SO. I told him how I'm not like a typical girl where I need him to stick to me like been to honey.

When I'm hanging out at his place he plays video games, catch up on his computer routines, or just read in the room. Me on the other hand is just chilling by myself watching tv, reading, or doing something on my phone. I have no problem with that. I don't want to feel like just because I'm with him I'm obligated to spend all my waking hours with him when I'm there.

Like you mentioned, you and your SO are in the same room but doing your own things. I told him just me being there cLose to him is already great for me. Because I know if I want to see him I can just walk 10 feet into his room.

Comment

I'm actually struggling with this right now. My SO and I started out CD and went LD about 5 months ago. Everything has been on and off because the obvious stresses but we are working it out pretty well. We've always had a routine and texted all the time and it was just like living in each other's lives every second. My SO brought to my attention that she wants to live life and not have to worry about our relationship. She doesn't want a routine where, she doesn't want to have to worry about how I'm feeling when she doesn't text me, she just wants to be able to live her college life and get the grades she needs. I've been doing fine with cutting back the texting, fb messaging, and such but tonight was a bad night for me. Some things just didn't go well and we kind of got into a small fight. Now I'm worried about her and I want to talk to her but I know she really doesn't want me to. I'm trying to get used to this new lifestyle and tonight has just made it hard.

What are some ways that you guys have learned to give your SO their space to go for their goals and reach their dreams? I support her to no end and I never want to be the thing that held her back.

Comment

My SO and I haven't felt a strong need for me-time just yet... but the longest we've ever spent together was 17 days. We've agreed that when we move in together in a few months, that we each like a bit of our own space. He can sit and watch rugby and I'll go out shopping or something like that! We do tend to have a lot of the same interests, minus his love of Six Nations and Formula One, so it's nice having some things in common, and our own friends and hobbies to for when we need a bit of space. I'm a bit of a loner when I live with people (my flatmates have asked me about that a lot lately haha) so I will like that we both want space and our own "things".

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

On how my relationship is at the moment with my S.O. I'd like to be involved in anything and everything that she is a part of. Certain things keep me closer to her. The only thing that is keeping us close right now is the phone. She doesn't know how to use the internet, and she has no access to a computer... So right now.. I'll take anything just to feel closer to her. Of course though, if she isn't interested in the same things that I'am.. she'll let me know.

I'm very understanding when it comes to disagreements or somethings where one side likes it and the other hates it. We both understand we are entitled to our own opinions. Support and being close to each other with any means is a big thing right now for us, considering we have so many obstacles in our way at the moment.

We have no problem giving each other space. She understands there's things I have to do, and I understand she has things she has to do as well.

Comment

Working...
            X