Leaving tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving tomorrow...

I can't believe how quickly two weeks came and went.

And how long I hoped it would last in the first place...

I'm just sitting here, looking at my suitcase and not wanting at all to pack. Because that means I'm actually leaving.
    I'm holding myself together fairly well at the moment. I almost dissolved into tears when we said good night, but I know we have church together in the morning. It's afterwards that I'm worried about.

That and I have an 11-hour flight ahead of me tomorrow and I can't decide how much I should actually sleep tonight.

Now it will be about 3 and a half months until he makes his visit to me, which isn't bad. Shorter than this last stretch. But then it will be another six months and after that, who knows how long?

I just hate these two-week stints. The first few days are always glorious, and then the adjustment phase begins and it takes about a week for us to really get used to being around each other again because it's been so long. And then there's only a few days left to truly enjoy it before one of us leaves again.
    Does anybody else experience that?

Ugh... just needed to vent. Thank you for reading.

Two weeks is better then nothing. Try and make the most of it and not dwell on the leaving part till the day he does, will make a world of difference.

Comment

It's hard, I know. My SO was home for 3 weeks recently and we've been apart two weeks or so now and it was definitely tough to go from spending hours upon hours with each other to sending a few texts a day and getting a phone call or Skyping once a week. Try to enjoy the last bit of time with him. I'm visiting my SO relatively soon, but only for a weekend, so it's like I just get there and then I'm leaving again. It never gets easier, but just remember that each goodbye is one less goodbye before you close the distance.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I know the feeling.

Once there is a good bye, there will another hello... and hellos are the best!

When we are in LDRs, we are doing it for a reason, and some way and some how it will all be worth it in the end. Some of the things I do whenever I visit is make sure not to sleep too much (me being young, we like to sleep a lot). So I set my alarm to only sleep 8 hours (which is the healthy amount for me) and get up, get dressed and go do something different. I like to try something new every time, like go on picnics, take a drive, paint together, or whatever suits you. Then you have memories to hold onto whenever you go home. I like taking pictures of the things we do together so I can put it in a album and look at them whenever I am away.
        Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Just take it one trip at a time. Don't stress or overdo the planning. Keep a countdown until the next hello and try not to think about leaving once you see them again. I hope it was a fun trip and I hope you can always look back on it with fond memories!

Comment

Originally posted by meganpillow View Post
            I know the feeling.

Once there is a good bye, there will another hello... and hellos are the best!

When we are in LDRs, we are doing it for a reason, and some way and some how it will all be worth it in the end.
            exactly! ^^
            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
            X