Soo... Interesting story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soo... Interesting story

I woke up this morning to my SO telling me he had something to confess to me. So I'm sitting here thinking "oh god, what could it be?". And then he texts me back and says that he bought his plane ticket to come see me while I was asleep this morning. I have never seen him impatient like this, ever. I didn't expect it at all. So then he tells me the dates he booked it for... Feb 25th through March 12th (a Monday). I got a bit peeved because I cant have him leaving Monday, I have classes and can't skip to tell him goodbye. He didn't go over the dates with me first which made me a little bit mad. As we speak, he is attempting to change his tickets (which will probably cost extra). UGH! Why do men do these things? lol I'm extremely happy he's coming to visit but why must he buy his tickets at 4 in the morning when I'm still asleep? lol I just wanted to rant. Has anything like this ever happened to any of you? My boyfriend is a mess, but God I love him! <3

Oh my gosh why are you ranting?! What he did was super sweet! Honestly so what if he booked to go home on monday. Say your goodbyes before you go to school and he can find his own way to the airport, shouldn't be a big deal where you do it. Be happy! He missed you enough to book tickets to surprise you, don't ruin it by picking on the small details.

Comment

Hahahaha cute picture of the bear, omg...
      something like that did happen to me when my boyfriend's intentions were sweet and good like yours. haha
      I flew in to meet him and earlier that day he made reservations with the hotel. Once I got there he decided that he didn't like the hotel he booked so we drove to find a different hotel and I waited while he went back to the old hotel to cancel the reservation.
      Well, without me knowing the cancelation meant he lost the $150 to reserve it...
      I was like WAAAAAH $150!! What was wrong with the hotel?? and he said "It wasn't as nice-looking."
      ay,ay,ay got to love em i guess haha

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        Oh my gosh why are you ranting?! What he did was super sweet! Honestly so what if he booked to go home on monday. Say your goodbyes before you go to school and he can find his own way to the airport, shouldn't be a big deal where you do it. Be happy! He missed you enough to book tickets to surprise you, don't ruin it by picking on the small details.
        Im not mad at him, like angry mad. Just a bit frustrated. I just really dont want to be in class when he leaves, last time I went to the airport with him. He was able to fix it so its all fine now. Hes beating himself up for it because he got the dates wrong, I told him not to worry about it that it was fine but he won't listen. My boyfriend is very stubborn.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Originally posted by sweetleya View Post
        Hahahaha cute picture of the bear, omg...
        something like that did happen to me when my boyfriend's intentions were sweet and good like yours. haha
        I flew in to meet him and earlier that day he made reservations with the hotel. Once I got there he decided that he didn't like the hotel he booked so we drove to find a different hotel and I waited while he went back to the old hotel to cancel the reservation.
        Well, without me knowing the cancelation meant he lost the $150 to reserve it...
        I was like WAAAAAH $150!! What was wrong with the hotel?? and he said "It wasn't as nice-looking."
        ay,ay,ay got to love em i guess haha
        I loved the picture of the bear It was adorable so I had to post it. lol 150?? just to book another hotel that was "better looking?". That was definitely sweet of him. I guess when we hear about them doing those things us women tend to think of the money wasted, time, etc because of those motherly type instincts. Oh well, I'm over it. I understand that he was trying to do something good. I just wish he wasn't mad at himself for getting the dates wrong. :-/

Comment

Really? I would be thrilled if my SO surprised me like that! He wanted to do something sweet for you!
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
            Really? I would be thrilled if my SO surprised me like that! He wanted to do something sweet for you!
            The only reason I got mad is because my lease says guests can only stay 1 week and I told him he could stay two since none of my roommates will be here over spring break (the second week) but if he leaves on Monday, EVERYONE will know that he stayed an extra week which could get me in trouble. If he leaves Sunday, that's not a problem whatsoever. He knew this before he bought the ticket. I'm Excited that he bought the tickets, I just wish he would have been more smart about it when he picked the dates. But they are changed now and everything is back on track besides him being mad at himself, which he will get over by later tonight. He has a very bad guilt conscious... I tried so hard to explain to him that everything was fine and I wasn't mad and that I was happy he bought the tickets cuz it made me feel better that our visit was secured. But he wouldn't have any part of it.

Comment

Woo! That's so exciting! I'm glad you two were able to fix everything and are able to have a visit. He was probably just excited about buying tickets and completely forgot. My SO did something kind of similar, where he just decided to drive here at 4 in the morning. He ended up calling me while I was at school and telling me that he was half way here haha. My parents were not happy at all but it all worked out in the end. I hope you guys have fun though!

Comment

That was so sweet of him to buy his tickets! I'm very excited for you. Something similar did happen. My SO's youngest brother go married last July and had his stag do (bachelor party) in June. I went over to England for the wedding. I kept asking my SO when the stag do was so that I wouldn't book my flight for that weekend. Time kept passing and eventually it was like three weeks before I was supposed to be there. I asked my SO if he knew the dates yet and he said no. I told him that I wasn't waiting any longer. That I was going to go ahead and book my flight for the weekend of June 18th. Turns out that the weekend, I had booked was the same weekend as the stag do! We talked about it, and I didn't change my flight. We just had to make other arrangements for someone to pick me up.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I feel like you are missing the point. HE IS COMING TO SEE YOU!!! He wanted to surprise you that he bought it, i personally don't think it is that big of a deal. I don't know why you are freaking out. It is a decently long visit and you can say goodbye before you go to class.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

As for the lease thing, Im pretty sure that they wont notice as long as you aren't having a party.
                  Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I honestly don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over this thread. I've tried to stay out of it, but it's not working for me. :P The OP's tone, to me, came off as satirical more than anything, more like one of those half-hearted rants where you can't help but roll your eyes and say "men" despite whatever they did being somewhat endearing in an awkward sense of the word.

And quite honestly, I feel like we'd all be a little bit miffed in this situation, for what part of the OP's rant is sincere. Yes, what he did was sweet. He was trying to surprise her with something wonderful, and he made a fixable error. I'm pretty sure the OP understands that. But if you were in a situation where it might interfere to the point you might get in trouble with your university or if you were in a position where you'd have to go through a day of classes while your SO went off to the airport... I'm sure for those of you who have been in either situation, it's not a fun one. But I don't think the OP is being unreasonable at all, especially since this rant didn't seem like 100% pure rant to me. No need to tell her she's being irrational and she shouldn't be ranting etc. when that's honestly not what I see as being the point of the thread?
                    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                    Met online: February 2009
                    Feelings confessed: December 2010
                    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                    to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                      THIS
                      Originally posted by Rugger View Post
                      and THIS. If my boyfriend surprised me with a flight, and the dates were slightly odd.. I'd assume he'd done it because it saved him some money.. and be grateful he loved me enough to come see me... I'd figure something out about the extra day.. a hotel, a friends place...or tell my room mates he arrived midweek.. anything but complain to him.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

GAH! I didn't mean to start a debate! I was just letting out some spur of the moment emotions, it was meant to be satirical as Eclair said. Notice the face palming bear. lol I thought what he did was sweet but at the same time it was a typical man move because he didn't pay attention to anything I said to him about the dates. lol I am very excited to be seeing him in a month and glad we get to visit 2 weeks instead of just one this time! As for the whole lease ordeal, the second week my roommates will not be there so that's why I'm getting away with him being there an extra week. If he were to stay Monday, they'd know and with one of my roommates being the landlord's niece, the landlord would find out and I could get in trouble as I said. But anyways, Its all over and done with now and Im just looking forward to his visit and can't wait to see him! This will only be our second visit since we started dating 2 years ago (today is our anniversary ).

Comment

Working...
                        X