No announcement yet.

Sleeping in separate beds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my SO was here, he got to have my room and slept on my single bed. At night time I would creep in and snuggle with him, even though it was a really tight squeeze. I loved waking up next to him in the morning and watching him sleep, that was one of my favourite things to do. If we got a place, I'd want only one bed, but a REALLY BIG ONE.

Comment

I was nervous about sleeping with my SO in the same bed at first. I never shared a bed with anyone other then my siblings, so I thought i might be self conscious or i might be scared to move that i might wake him, ect ect. But it was easy sleeping together and we both slept so comfortably, but its funny, we end up sleeping facing opposite directions from each other. And apparently i take up the room and he's left scooted in the corner haha, i tell him just push me over, and he says he does but i just inch my way back closer to him until he's at the edge. But he says he still gets the best sleep when sleeping with me, so it's good we can share a bed. It's one of the things i miss most.
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        It's becoming really common, and that's cool
        Some people even do seperate beds in the same room... but most of us don't have that much space

It's not for me though I feel like it would crimp intimacy quite a bit. For us, we just put extra blankets on my side of the bed and call it even. I like a smaller bed, he might dream of having a Massive King somewhere down the line, but it's never going to happen for him I also have no problem waking him to tell him to move over or hug me because I'm cold.
        I want someone there to keep me warm, deal with my nightmares, and whisper that they love me when they change positions during the night.

i hate to sleep alone. specially because i seem to have many nightmares when he isn't by my side, even in a half an hour nap on the afternoon or something.
        having him by my side makes me feel safe. and loved.
        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Right now as it stands I just love sleeping in the same bed with my boyfriend. Although sometimes it's kind of squishy, it basically just takes us a moment to get comfortable and then we're good. I love falling asleep next to him and waking up next to him, such the best feeling ever. I don't think either of us are blanket hoggers or thrashers, but I do look forward to having a bigger bed in the future, just so we don't have to worry about falling off (though he graciously lets me sleep on the inside next to the wall now so I don't constantly say.. I'm falling, help! lol) and stuff. Though I wouldn't be against having another bed in the future.. might be good if one of us has to get up early and the other doesn't, or something.

Comment

I can imagine when we close the distance we might sleep in seperate beds cause i do shift work and he has a 9-5. Im not sure i like that idea though. I love sleeping with him. Although he has to sleep on the inside cause i always push him right up against the wall lol. Apparently i kick, headbutt and i have been known to do palm thrusts right into his face. Oh i also once punched him >.> But he just moves my arms back under the covers and holds me and prays i dont punch him again.

He talks in his sleep if i try to wake him up. I can have a full blown conversation with him and he wont remember a thing hehe. He's a quiet sleeper so its great for me..not so for him. Oh i also steal all the blankets but we just have seperate ones now...although i've been known to steal his too lol.

Comment

Never. Ok, maybe when we're really old or if we had opposite sleeping rythms, but right now I can't imagine it at all.

When he's visiting we share my bed, that's 90cm (or 3ft). We've shared that bed for more than a month at a time and we were both still fine with it. He has a bigger bed, but when I'm there, we probably still don't use more than 90cm of it. I guess eventually we're going to get a bigger bed, but something like 1.40m will definitely be enough. Everything else seems like a waste of space, considering we don't use it anyway.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

my bf has a lot of sleep issues and if they're not fixed by the time we get married then we will probably be sleeping in separate bedrooms, at least during the nights when I have work the next day.

Comment

When I see reports on happier couples sleeping in seperate beds they usually reference older couples for some reason. I know lots of young couples though who are much happier sleeping in separate beds. I have also heard of couples who sleep apart during the week when sleep is important and together during the weekend so they can be together. Personally, I would be willing to invest in a king size bed when my SO and I move in together. I don't mind sharing a bed or anything but space gets me better sleep.

Comment

I have this issue as well. My SO is a thrasher and it drives me insane but then everytime he gets up he kisses me on a body part and goes back to bed...I swooned over this so now I deal with his trashing.

Comment

Working...
                    X