Its the little things that count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the little things that count

So I had a good night, Today I was out all day with my family, and got home late. And yet my SO had stayed up to talk to me because he missed me, and just wanted to see if i was okay. He went to bed at 5am his time! My crazy boy. And so it got me thinking of the little things he does that mean s much. Things that put a smile on my face that others would find insignificant. Something small but means a lot.

For me recently I was just thinking how when we were on webcam not to long ago, he brought up my necklace, and said when am i going to wear my key one. (He's given me two so i switch between them) I said i dont know, probably for valentines day. And he said he hadn't seen me wear it since thanksgiving. Lol I just found this so sweet and cute, that he pays attention to the little things such as what necklace im wearing when were on webcam, and remembers when i last wore it. Its nothing major, but puts a smile on my face.

So what tiny little thing has your SO done, that would be insignificant to someone else, but made you smile?
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

For me, in person, it's small things like remembering to bring tissue to the airport or going and getting tissue for me when I cried because I was missing home. It's having him be so tuned in to my cues during sex that I hardly have to say a word for him to understand what I want or don't, and the same goes for when we're out and about. It's when we pass a busy pub and he squeezes my hand and pulls me closer and asks me if I'm okay or kisses my head because he knows how I feel about people and drink. It's when he has The Lion King downloaded and ready for me when my plane lands. Things like that. :P

Online, I would say it's the way he stays up late even if he should be in bed for no reason other than he misses me and wants to be in my company. It's the way he tells me he'll give the stuffed dog I sent him a goodnight kiss for me, or when he mentions he never removes his bracelet or that he sleeps in the shirt I sent him and with the blanket I made and stuffed dog. It's when he recognises my change in tone or a falter in our conversation. And I like the way he incorporates my cats in things, like telling me to grab him for a cuddle when I'm upset or commenting on a picture of him or something he did... My cat is my life, and it means a lot my boyfriend takes note of that and tries to be a part of it. :P
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

The way he always wants to be touching me when were together. He holds my hand all the time. He rubs my back if I'm asleep next to him. He wants his arm around me when we sleep together. I love how close he is with me.

When were not together I love the way he stays up late for me. I love the sweet texts he sends me. And I love how he will call me and wake me up early if he knows he's leaving on a trip or going to practice and will be out all day. He tells me how cute I am when I'm sleepy and how much he loves me.

Finding myself.

Comment

Isn't it the little things that get to you? It's how he constantly touche me, how he wakes up at 5 AM everyday to talk to me, how he brought medicine to my friend in the first few weeks we were dating without asking. It's the way he tells me to drive home safe every night; it's how he says, "I love you," with the love in italics. It's how he tells me I'm the most beautiful in the mornings right after I wake up, how he says I'm beautiful and means it. It's how he only wants to get off skype so I can get enough sleep. It's how he supports every single one of my dreams. It's the way his eyes dance when he wants me. It's his laugh lines, and how he looks in his glasses. It's how he holds my hand ALWAYS, and won't let me cross the street before him. It's the little emails. It's every little smile and kiss and kind word. It's the little things that made me fall in love with him, and I miss him and love him SO much.
        "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

When we shared my small single bed, I asked him if I could sleep on the edge, not near the wall because it made me feel claustrophobic and he let me. When we were walking in the street, he'd always walk on the side closest to the road, and if he wasn't, he would purposely switch. When he would hold my hand and squeeze it, and rub his thumb on mine.

I love how he knows how to read my facial expressions and body language. He can always predict what I'm thinking. I miss him telling me not to go crazy buying all the food I want but don't need in the supermarket when we went grocery shopping. I miss baking brownies with him.
          I love that he loves my cat just as much as I do.

I also appreciated how he went out in the middle of the night to buy me some lemonade and ginger beer when I had a really bad tummy bug.
          Last edited by Zapookie; January 22, 2012, 03:15 AM.

Comment

I love how he he held my face inbetween his hands during our last night togehter when I started to cry because I was going to miss him...and I loved how he, too, started to cry with me as we slowly began to make love.

I love how he looks at me when I do my makeup and says, "You are the most beautiful girl in the world baby and I jsut want to be in your arms forever. :$ :$"

I love how he gets this realllly excited look on his face that tells me he has something he wants to share sooooo bad with me...I think it's the cutest thing.

I love his sensitivity eventho he doesn't. ^_^

I love that he told me I'm the first person he sees when he wakes up and the last person he sees when he goes to sleep because of the pictures he has of me on his phone. <3

Most recently I loved how he called me in the morning to wake me up becasue he was afraid I might sleep through my alarm clock again and be late to work (The week before I was 30 minutes late :S)
            .....things like this make me the happiest. The most simple, thoughtful, and sweetest things.

And now, as I am about to fall asleep, I love that I have his sweater with me and am able to snuggle up with it...

Comment

I love it when he'll play with Cookie (his doggy) on camera, I love when he spontaneously asks if he can play guitar or put on music, I love and hate when he stays up later to talk to me.. he used to end up staying reaaaaally late every single night just to talk to me more and although I loved it, I did feel bad because well, he ended up messing up his health pretty bad because that affected his eating patterns as well, and so now he's back to somewhat normal sleeping patterns, though they are slowly getting later and later again.. I love it when he compliments me and is really stubborn at me accepting them.. I love it when he smiles.. I love it when he told me he never took off his bracelet (though I don't like how I couldn't say the same thing... stupid work that I do, I can't really wear jewellry or stuff on my hands.. ) I love how he is so patient with me and how I know he really cares about me and loves me. I love it when we hold hands whenever we're outside when we're together. I also love when he takes pictures or makes a video and shows it to me.. I love seeing where he lives and I love pictures of him! I just love him so much so he could basically do anything and it would be amazing.. haha

Comment

I love it when he offers his assistance when I need to study for math (I'm just awful at it and he loves it). I love it when I cry or just feel down he will do anything to try to get me to smile. Sometimes just knowing he's trying to make me smile will make me smile because I know he doesn't want to see me upset. He's such a sweetheart. I love it when he goes off on his rants or lets me go off on mine and he thinks I'm cute because of it. I love it when he gives me very soft kisses, especially when he remembers that they're my favorite kind . I love it when he gets on webcam in the morning before he's showered even though he hates that..only because he knows it makes me happy to see him. I love it when he supports what I support, like being environmentally friendly. I'll literally pick up the random bottles or cans I see laying around my campus and throw them into the recycling, so when I went to visit his campus, and saw me doing it, he did it too. It was so sweet I love how he is so patient with me, especially when I'm being a moody girl lol. I love it when I go visit him, and I see that he has saved all of my letters. When I went to visit him, I apparently slept in a really bad position one night and could barely move the next morning. He thought that maybe in my sleep I put myself in an uncomfortable position because he had taken up the bed or something, so he squished himself against the wall and slept uncomfortably so I could sleep better that night. It's the little things that mean the most to me. :P Always have always will.

Comment

When people ask him how we met, he tells them the long version. With all the flavor, not just the facts

Comment

I love how he bought me Clinque Acne Solutions because his friend told him it’s good for acne and save for sensitive skin. He knows how self-conscious I am about my skin and how I’m allergic to most treatments. It was adorable and really showed how he cared how I feel. I love how he calls me every night, even if it's only for five minutes. I love how he can't go to sleep without texting me he loves me and goodnight. I love how he makes fun of my taste in movies/tv shows but still watches what I want to watch with me. I love how he always wants to sleep in the same bed even though we only have twin beds and I like to spread out. I love how he cooks for me and some mornings I wake up to breakfast in bed. I love how he always tries to include me with his family even though I'm not used to family gatherings because my family doesn't do them. I love everything about him basically

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I love how he sometimes sends me emails while I'm sleeping saying things like "You are the most wonderful girl that I've ever talked to and I love you like crazy." I love how he goes on & on about how much he loves the military, because that shows he wants to share his passion with me. I love how he promised that nothing I do can push him away. I love how he tells me I'm beautiful and acts like it's nothing, cuz for him.. it's not. I love how he made me promise to start loving myself because "you can't love anyone, until you love yourself. it's logic." I love how he tells me to shut up, that he loves me and nothings going to change that when I'm getting insecure. I love how he tries to make me feel better when I'm depressed. I love when he remembers things, things I mentioned in passing, and asks me about them. I love how he believes in me and supports my every dream. I love how as I sit here thinking about him, the knowledge that he's mine makes my heart go all butterfly-yy. I love how when I wake up, there will be an email apologizing for falling asleep while we were talking. I love how he worries about me. I love how he wants my parents to like him, despite the fact that they don't deserve that from him, because of things that have happened. I love how he asks how I am, and if I tell him something (sleepy, sore, stiff, hungry) he offers up suggestions on how to fix it (go back to bed, roll your shoulders, take a hot shower, eat something you stubborn freaking girl). I love how if I say something self-depracating, he immediately tells me it isn't true and that I should love myself. I love knowing he misses me. I love knowing he loves me. I love him<3. I hate that I'm crying..
                      Last edited by usmcgirl; January 22, 2012, 11:57 PM. Reason: I forgot some things ^.^

Comment

When we were staying in a hostel for a week, there were these slightly unstable swivelly chairs we would eat our dinner sitting on, and whenever I sat down he would always hold my stool still for me so I wouldn't fall. He knows how clumsy I am... Haha.

Comment

things like bringing my favorite chocolate as a surprise, scratching my hair until i fall asleep when i had a nightmare or when I'm having insomnia. buying tampons if i need them, making me a hot water bag when i have cramps...

telling me he loves me, everyday.
                          watching romantic movies with me when I want to, even though he would rather watch more action movies... spending most of the little fee time he has with me.

so many things i can't even count
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I love it. I love the small things. Um, i had told my SO that i wasn't feeling appreciated a while ago. And randomly he called me when he was out with his friends to talk and see how my day was. It was nice just because he wanted me to know that i was more important than video games.

I am not going to lie though, some of those "little things"have faded away. But they do come up here and there.

Oh, and I couldn't sleep a few nights. So he read to me until i fell asleep. I love it!
                            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                            X