Impact of this community/forum on your life <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact of this community/forum on your life <3

I just wanna briefly say how much I am beggining to LOVE this cite/community. It's my second day here and it has been amazing reading post and getting advice from other people who are in LDR's as well. I don't know many people in LDR's so it's great to come here and find so many!

So, QUESTION. What do you love about this community....or if you have something you don't like so much that's fine to, as ya like

I met amazing people here, some i talk outside of the forum, and some i would like to met in person. it is an amazing forum indeed!
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I love the support from everyone here. The people here are amazing and really help me get through my day sometimes. When I have problems, I come here and read through a couple threads and I know people are going through the same thing as I am.
      "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Definitely the support. I don't post as much as I used to, but mostly because I always feel like if I don't have anything new to contribute then I shouldn't just repeat what others have said, but I read pretty much all of them and I know that they understand the struggles of the LDR. Plus I have met some amazing people whom I can genuinely call friends despite never meeting them in person. There is only one thing I wish for in this community, and that's for more people who are in their 30's and 40's to be here. I'm 33 and my SO is 42, so part of the reason why I sometimes don't contribute is because I don't relate as well to some of the postings on here. Don't get me wrong, I still support all of those who are here and willing to jump into the adventure that is a long distance relationship , but there are times I feel out of place amongst the posters.

Comment

I like this community a lot because of how much I can relate to most of the posters, I love coming here and realizing people are going through similar things to me.

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
            Definitely the support. I don't post as much as I used to, but mostly because I always feel like if I don't have anything new to contribute then I shouldn't just repeat what others have said, but I read pretty much all of them and I know that they understand the struggles of the LDR. Plus I have met some amazing people whom I can genuinely call friends despite never meeting them in person. There is only one thing I wish for in this community, and that's for more people who are in their 30's and 40's to be here. I'm 33 and my SO is 42, so part of the reason why I sometimes don't contribute is because I don't relate as well to some of the postings on here. Don't get me wrong, I still support all of those who are here and willing to jump into the adventure that is a long distance relationship , but there are times I feel out of place amongst the posters.
            Same here I like that people are generally nice, and drama just isn't accepted. I do feel out of place most of the time at 41, so these days I usually only post if I honestly feel like I can help, or am really compelled for some reason. Also, with so many new members all the time, the same old questions and problems are constantly being made into new threads, and after the 1000th "How do you handle it when he leaves, blah, blah, blah" thread, I'm just not interested anymore. That doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate post, it just means someone else can do the replying

That being said, I'd recommend this site to any LDR'er in their teens or 20's. It really is a wonderful resource.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I love the support of people who are in similar situations. Most of my friends are either single or in close distance relationships so it's nice to have something in common with people.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I found this community about a month before my partner's mother passed away. The support and words of so many people here during that difficult, difficult time in my relationship meant more than the world. I met a couple people through that experience whose understanding surpassed even that of my therapist and their willingness to be there for me and to share their wisdom with me, and they sometimes still do, is something I'm immeasurably grateful for. I don't feel I would have survived the situation as strongly as I did had I not had the support of this community.

In addition to this, I think it's a great place. It helps having a forum where people understand what I'm going through when it comes to being in a LDR, but I also love having such a small, close community. It's sort of like living in a small town only without the immediate gossip and drama (don't get me wrong, I'm sure it happens, but it's not as evident because on the forum, everyone treats each other quite well usually) and I like that feel to it. It's made me feel a part of something, and I like that about the site.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                  I feel this way too, and I'm only 28! The majority of people here are very nice but I wish there were a few more people my age, or people who had been out of university for a while.

Comment

Love coming here and having support from everyone who more or less can relate, it's comforting to see so many LDR's. That they do work, and are real. I get from some that this kind of relationship isn't real, or doesn't count, and its frustrating, so its nice to come here and read about successful couple in a long distance relationship. Plus i find venting here really helps me feel better lol
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

I love how supporting everyone else. It's great coming on here and just knowing that you're not alone in this battle... everyone else on here is fighting the same feelings and battle that you're fighting. You guys are all great.

Comment

The support and everyone in the community are the best things about it I've met a lot of lovely people on here, and made a couple of close friends. I like the non-judgmental attitudes that most have in the community and how friendly everyone is. It's great to know that there are others who've succeeded in their LDRs and those who are still fighting, and it made me realise the first time I came here how I was far from being alone in my feelings on the matter of LDRs. I don't think I could have dealt with a lot of issues I've had since I joined, LDR related and non-LDR related, as well without being a member of this community.

Comment

This is also my second day here. I already love it though. Being able to relate to other people who are going through the same issues as I am is so helpful when I don't really know anyone who is in a ldr like I am. Everyone here just seems to genuinely care about helping other people through their problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X