Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your SO ever forgotten your birthday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really sweet!!! ... <3 <3 <3 <3

Comment

He didn't forget it, his plans got ruined because we got hit with a hurricane on my birthday, which never happens here lol. But, he didn't get me anything, which upset me a little bit but I forgave him. He was going to take me into New York City for a surprise. He finally told me 3 weeks ago what it was, and my birthday was in August. It was so sweet...he was going to take me to the Central Park Zoo and then take me to a pizza place. After, we were going to go rowboating on a pond there. He told me we can still go, but he was a little disappointed he couldn't surprise me.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Awwwwwwww That's sooo sweet Perhaps next year? or even sooner! That is just precious

Comment

My birthday is the day before his, so it makes it easy for him to remember.
          My heart belongs to a pilot!
          ~*~
          ~*~
          [/center]

Comment

oh well that helps :-) :-) I think that's beyond sweet

Comment

No, although we've only been together for one year. He was here for my birthday and we saw the last Harry Potter film at IMAX

Comment

A guy I used to like forgot my birthday. when I was 16, so it wasn't real love, just my first "Im in love" kind of thing, and he was my first kiss. I was really sad.

My SO never forgot my birthday. I think it is something too important to forget, if we really love the person we don't just go and forget their birthday. IMHO.

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
                My boyfriend forgot my first birthday that I had since I knew him.. but I blame myself because I didn't want to say too much or go like "It's my birthday in a month!!!" because I didn't want him to feel obligated to get him anything.. we weren't officially dating on this birthday either. Though when I mentioned it to him on that day "It's my birthday" or maybe it came up a few days before.. he felt really bad.. and kept saying he had to make up for it.. he's bought me lots of gifts and things since then and I really don't hold it against him, I feel bad that on certain days people have to feel obligated to give cards or gifts lol.. but now I know he needs reminding.. he's not that great with dates and remembering things.. but it's okay because I love him! And I don't really care if he forgets a birthday or whatever, though I was a teeny bit disappointed but felt silly about feeling that way.. but I might remind him so if he wants to get me something he can.. lol he did get me something for my last birthday though, which was the second one we've spent in a relationship, I think I reminded him a bit more..
                at least he didn't forget it, i bet he still congratulated you on the day! gifts are not the most important things for birthdays, or holidays in general, the person you love wishing you a happy birthday is far more important!
                our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I'm not big on presents, but remembering birthdays is really important to me. I don't really want a gift, but I do want people to at least remember! When I was 12ish, my siblings and I didn't say "happy birthday" to my mom, or make her a card or anything. That was the worst beat down we ever got in our lives! jajaja! Needless to say, from that day on I make an effort for everyone's birthday, and I feel the same should be made for mine.

And no, my SO has never forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                    I can't say I've ever met anyone who's been great at remembering my birthday? xD I tend not to give people the chance seeing as I get stupidly excited for it like a month before and tend to remind everyone that it's coming.
                    I'm exactly like this. I get super excited and anybody that's close to me doesn't even get the chance to forget! My SO loves to organise things for me for birthdays/christmas, he's very cute how secretive and creative he gets with his ideas. Although i'm sure we both didn't pay much attention to each others birthdays during the time we were friends online(we were friends for over 2 years before dating)

my ex was HORRIBLE for the one birthday i was with him for.. he knew my birthday was coming up but he didn't lift a finger! we had been together for 4 months by the time my birthday came around. he stayed over the night before (because i asked) and was with me for my birthday, he said 'happy birthday' in the morning and that was it, no other mention of the fact it was my birthday, no card, no present.. he even came out to dinner with me and my family, all his food and drink was paid for by my family and all he could do the whole time was complain about the food and want to go home.. not only did he not do ONE THING for me on my birthday.. but he got a free dinner + drinks! AND spent the whole time complaining! ugh. The next night some of my friends were throwing a party type thing for me and my ex said he was feeling too unwell to come.. well, at the last minute he decided he would. He ended up drinking WAY too much and i called him a taxi, he REALLY wanted me to come with him.. so i did, i left behind my own birthday celebrations to take my drunk boyfriend to bed. of course he went to sleep straight away and i was left wondering 'what now?'. Glad to say we weren't together long enough for his birthday to come around.. Me being how i am i would have showered him in gifts even after what he did on my birthday lol.
                    Met Online: February 2009
                    Feelings grew: January 2011
                    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Honestly if my SO forgot I'd be so mad. But he also has Facebook to remind him so he has no excuse :P

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

He hasn't, but seeing as a) my birthday is the national holiday in his country and b) our birthdays are exactly one week apart, it would be very hard for him to forget about it.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Well I won't get mad, I'll just ask him next time we talk.. But for now, I'm not going to get mad.. :\

Comment

So far not yet. But, I dont remember my SO's birthday... shit..

Comment

He's never forgotten, but he's never been with me on my birthday. I've always planned visits to be there on his birthday, but he comes over for Christmas and goes home too early to stay for my birthday. Last year I didn't mind because we had my summer visit planned... this year I cried so hard because he wasn't with me and I literally have no clue when I'm going to see him again. I didn't want a present (though he DID buy me my wedding jewelry, for which I am grateful), I just wanted him HERE *sigh*. Next year will be better, we'll be living together by then so he will have no excuse but to spoil me! lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd be very worried if my SO forgot my birthday, because he has the same birthday as me haha. If he didn't, I would be very sad, but I guess not really angry... just disappointed and hurt.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                                Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
                                X