Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your SO ever forgotten your birthday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has your SO ever forgotten your birthday?

So,

has any of your SO's forgotten your birthday? Or Forgotten to wish you a Happy Birthday?? And if so, what did you do? did you get mad? Did you not get mad??

He has not. He is forgetful of other peoples birthdays and sometimes gets mixed up (our friend's is Feb. 4th, his mom's is the 5th, mine is the 7th, his sister's is the 9th) but he has never failed to make my birthday special. I'd definitely be upset, however if he had a really busy day/was under a lot of stress/something tragic happened, I'd be more willing to forgive him. Accidents happen. If it was early into our relationship, I'd also let it slip. Usually the days before my birthday I'm all like "TWO DAYS, 1 DAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" so no-one has a reason to forget haha. I'm sorry if this happened to you, happy birthday/belated birthday!

PS- 16 days!

Comment

Nope... But we've only been through two birthdays together.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

nope.
        My ex did. But i found i didnt actually care that he forgot.....needless to say we broke up a couple weeks after that

Comment

Hmm..... well, this is the first time, but!! I was texting him on New Years and right after Christmas ( my birthday) and he wasn't mad at me or anything... so.. I don't know. I'm gonna let it go, or maybe bring it up in casual conversation! He may have been busy or something!! It's the first time, so I'm gonna go easy on him

Comment

I can't say I've ever met anyone who's been great at remembering my birthday? xD I tend not to give people the chance seeing as I get stupidly excited for it like a month before and tend to remind everyone that it's coming. I think it'd only bother me if he were made aware of it and neglected to recognise it. The "happy birthday!"s and the cards I receive (only usually from my mother and SO, who write a ton in them, and my sister, who's an artist and so often sketches something beautiful for me) are my favourite parts anyway, so not much remembering needed to do that. :P
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
              I can't say I've ever met anyone who's been great at remembering my birthday? xD I tend not to give people the chance seeing as I get stupidly excited for it like a month before and tend to remind everyone that it's coming. I think it'd only bother me if he were made aware of it and neglected to recognise it. The "happy birthday!"s and the cards I receive (only usually from my mother and SO, who write a ton in them, and my sister, who's an artist and so often sketches something beautiful for me) are my favourite parts anyway, so not much remembering needed to do that. :P
              well I made a joke, via text, sayin, you forgot my birthday, but I was just playin! (sometimes text cannot relay the actual emotion).but.. I don't know, I can't be too hard on him I suppose. Perhaps he was busy with family Wow? Sketches? That's Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Meredith_777 View Post
                well I made a joke, via text, sayin, you forgot my birthday, but I was just playin! (sometimes text cannot relay the actual emotion).but.. I don't know, I can't be too hard on him I suppose. Perhaps he was busy with family Wow? Sketches? That's Awesome
                Is this your first birthday together? It's possible he didn't remember because it's not yet a routine. It's still someone new and a new birthday he has to remember and he probably expected you to remind him of it. I think I'd be a little bit miffed if I mentioned my birthday even a few days before and my partner didn't remember after those few days had passed, but if it came up once in conversation in our three years of friendship, then I'm not going to care so much if he needs FB or an "OMG IT'S ALMOST MY BIRTHDAY 8D" as a reminder (last June was my first birthday that we celebrated as a couple and not friends). I think some people tend to be bad at birthdays in general. :P I think I only have one friend who remembers my birthday every year with no real reminder? So I don't give much thought to it.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

It is our....... let's see.... 3rd birthday together!

Comment

He forgot once, let's just say he won't be doing that again

Notes:
                    Met: 8.17.09
                    Started Dating: 8.20.09
                    First Met: 10.2.10
                    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
                      He forgot once, let's just say he won't be doing that again
                      LOL!... Good for you! lol

Comment

not as of yet but I didn't get a Christmas gift from him. truthfully I was mad about that but I hid it from him so he never knew.

Comment

He has never forgot my birthday, he is really good at remembering dates and stuff.

Comment

same here.... blah...but he keeps telling me he has stuff for me, so, I don't get too upset :-) loll

Comment

My boyfriend forgot my first birthday that I had since I knew him.. but I blame myself because I didn't want to say too much or go like "It's my birthday in a month!!!" because I didn't want him to feel obligated to get him anything.. we weren't officially dating on this birthday either. Though when I mentioned it to him on that day "It's my birthday" or maybe it came up a few days before.. he felt really bad.. and kept saying he had to make up for it.. he's bought me lots of gifts and things since then and I really don't hold it against him, I feel bad that on certain days people have to feel obligated to give cards or gifts lol.. but now I know he needs reminding.. he's not that great with dates and remembering things.. but it's okay because I love him! And I don't really care if he forgets a birthday or whatever, though I was a teeny bit disappointed but felt silly about feeling that way.. but I might remind him so if he wants to get me something he can.. lol he did get me something for my last birthday though, which was the second one we've spent in a relationship, I think I reminded him a bit more..

Comment

Working...
                              X