Saying I love you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying I love you

I tried to do some searches to make sure I wasn't double-posting so I hope not!
    My SO and I said I love you for the first time! My heart pretty much feels like it's going to burst and I just want to jump up and down like a little girl. I'm ridiculous We haven't been dating for too long, but we both knew we KNEW and both wanted to say it. After we both said it, we talked about how we really felt and all the other things that come along with long (vulnerability, exhilaration, etc). It made me so so happy I kind of wish we would have said it in person, but we were skyping so it's close enough!

How did you and your SO say it for the first time?
    How long had you guys been dating?

We had actually gotten into a disagreement over I can't even remember (something small, likely), and at the end of it, I said, "Well I love you pup :P" and he said "Pup? :P" and I said something like "Yes, "pup." You're my dog, arencha?" (since he's Irish, I used to play around with him calling him my Irish Wolfhound) and he said "Oh :P Well, I love you too."
    How long had you guys been dating? We'd been friends for around two years by that point and our feelings had been confessed/out in the open (turns out we'd had very long-standing crushes on each other) for about a month or two by the point I said it and he returned it.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

My SO said it first. I still remember it...we were on my front steps saying good night and my SO said while we were hugging "I love you" and I just hugged him tighter. I wasn't ready to say it. Two days later, we were in his car and it was the last night before he was going back to Rochester. He said I love you again, and I said "I love you too". It slipped out, so I knew I truly meant it since I subconsciously said it.

We'd been dating 4 and a half months at that point. We were best friends for 11 years before we began dating, so we'd known each other our whole lives.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Cute! However there is already a thread on this with the same title!

https://members.lovingfromadistance....-love-you-quot

Comment

I'm gonna post in this thread, because at the time I don't think we had said "I love you" yet.

Before we met in person, I had told him "I think I love you" after we had kind of patched things up after I made a mistake. He was giving me the cold shoulder and I realised that I really did care for him and I was truly sorry, and that I did in fact love him. He was already a big part of my life then but I was somewhat scared to admit it. He told me to hold those words for when we finally would meet in person.

We said "I love you" just a couple of weeks before he left (he was here for 3 months). I had been saying it in my head over and over, then one day it just slipped out. We were out at a bar with my friends, and I had to go to the bathroom. I asked him to hold my jacket and my bag, and I told him I'd be right back, and then I gave him a kiss and then "I love you" slipped out. I ran off to the bathroom and he tried to grab my arm but I yanked him off and when I was in there it dawned on me what I had said. I started to freak out and was like.. "Oh god, oh god, oh god. How do I face him now?" I came out like nothing happened and he didn't say anything either, and then about an hour later we were sitting down together and he brought it up and told me he loved me too. We were kind of drunk though, so the next day we said it properly xD. This was all about 10 months into our relationship.

Comment

Well, I fell head over heels for him long before we ended up pursuing a relationship, so I had been keeping that particular secret for a while...

My guy had posted through one of those emote apps on Facebook something like "Today I feel 'In Love'" and I went into a panic. We had only been together about a month, though we had been close friends for years, and I wasn't sure if I was ready to admit my feelings for him.

Long story short, I ended up chatting with him the next morning and admitted that I was crazy in love with him. Via IM. Terribly romantic, that. It ended up with both of us incredibly happy though, so I can't complain. And I love saying that Facebook forced my hand.

Comment

So I was at a hurricane party at my friends house. (we sit in the open garage, watch the trees sway and the rain fall, and play drinking games) I was talking to my best friend about how much I love my boyfriend but I was scared to say it and what I should say. My boyfriend calls a while later, by this point we had had a few to say the least, so I sneak off to the bedroom to talk. My best friend comes in and we all talk on the phone for a while. I needed to go to the restroom, so I give the phone to her. I hear her through the wall saying "Jensen loves you, do you love her?" and such. I almost died. I didn't want to come out the bathroom. When I eventually go back, he tells me what Clair said, even though I heard her, and asked if it was true. I shyly said "...yes..." followed by "I hate Clair" He said that he loved me too. Apparently he was planning on telling me that night, but didn't bc I had been drinking.

This was about 5 or 6 months into our relationship. We had known each other for years and had crushes on each other for years.

Comment

We had known each other for months in an mmo setting. We were friends- maybe not even friends but more like acquaintances.
                I always thought he was so polite and kind. We would exchange a few words but that was it. I left that game for a few months and
                decided one day to come back. My character popped out right in front of him. We just talked for hours that night and it was better than magic.
                If anything could describe how we fell in love it would be HARD and FAST. I just knew it and he knew it. A couple of weeks after that
                we were sending text messages and I just couldn't help it. It felt like my heart would burst and my brain just kept nagging me - SAY IT!
                SAY IT! SAY THE WORDS! I was like wtf am I crazy? I didn't care though. LOL I asked him if I said something if he would forget it - he agreed and when I said I love you
                it felt like my heart just cried a river of happy tears. Just to be able to say it was such a relief. He said "how could I possibly forget that??!"
                If i remember right we both laughed. I can't remember if he said he loved me at that time. I will have to ask him how that went down. hahahaha

Comment

We were at his dining table and i just had the overwhelming urge to say the 3 little words and he replied.
                  Over a year

Comment

Hmm, we both known each other just for a few days and there was a lot of attraction and flirting going on between us. So, once we were alone swimming in a friend's pool, we just looked at each other and leaned in for the first kiss. Shortly after, he said the three words which surprised me. It was too soon for me then, but I returned the sentiments two weeks later.

Uh, like I said, we've known each other only for a few days by the time he first said it.

Comment

My SO told me he loved me on the phone right after we first started going out... like literally less than a week. But I didn't say it until we had been dating for 4 months. I wasn't going to say it that soon, but it felt right and I knew I meant it. I told him in person when we were cuddling on my bed, and it was the perfect moment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X