Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been in more LDR's than normal relationships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first real relationship with anyone. I had tried dating people CD but nothing ever came of it. I used to talk to a lot of people online, my SO being one of them. He and I just clicked really well and our longstanding friendship turned into more after a while.

Comment

I've been in two LDRs prior to the one I'm in currently but one of those was half LD half CD.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetshay View Post
        I've only had too real life relationships other than my current one, one lasted 3 days, and the other was 10 months, but other than that i've always seemed to get myself into online relationships without even trying.

It always makes me wonder why real life relationships didn't happen to me and if im just not approachable like online where most of the time you get to make a first impression based on personality and not looks, or everyone isn't so shy.

Online dating for me is just as normal as dating in real life.

Would anyone else agree? Are you more accustomed to LDR's than in-person relationships?

Online it's much easier to open up to people without fear of being judged and I think this gives people a good chance at establishing a relationship based on true friendship and really getting to know one another.

I have made stronger friendships with people online than I have with people in real life and it's been that way since the days of dial-up and AOL. It made my mother insane but now I think she's just accepted it as part of who I am, and I doubt that it came as a surprise to anyone in my life that I met my boyfriend online. That being said, I have not been in more LDRs than I have been in CD relationships. I'm super picky so I can't say that I've been in and out of relationships, because I haven't been, but out of my 6 or so real relationships, only one has been a LDR. Well I guess two - the man I was previously engaged too ended up in a situation where we couldn't see each other like we did before.

Comment

I've had MANY boyfriends in my life, but only a handful of actual relationships. None of them were serious enough to call relationship except for one other one aside from the one I'm in right now. It lasted for about a year and a half. I've only been in my LDR and that was with my SO. I really don't think I'm good for online dating. I wouldn't have been able to do it had we not started dating CD.
          sigpic
          Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
          Our first LDR ~ August 2009
          Closed the distance ~ January 2011
          He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
          Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
          He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
          Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
          Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

All of my LDR have started out as CD, but it's been four CD relationships that have resulted in one of us having to move, or something. I've had about eight relationships all up, so it's about half and half for me.. I tend to end up in LDR's, even though myself and the other person both express feelings of not wanting to be in one, it just ends up we continue seeing each other. This one is different though - we met four months ago, and I just had to move away for work, and everything feels so different to previous relationships.

Comment

One thing that's always an issue in my mind with LDR's and CDR's is trust. LDR because they can't physically be with you, there is so much that could be hidden without you knowing, and CDR because if that person hurt you, there's a strong possibility you would see them again or a lot of people would know your business. I like the discrete nature of an LDR.
              "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
              Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
              Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
              First Visit: December 7, 2017
              Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

I've had um, 3 CD relationships. (1 year, 5 years, 1 year) This is my second LDR. My first only lasted a few months. I was too young to handle the distance thing. I always found LDRs more challenging then CD relationships. I like the close contact, being able to go out with them when you want. I really miss being held at night and waking up with them in the morning. I mostly miss being able to see how much her cares and loves me. Its not as easy to transmit over the internet/phone/text. So this LDR being over a year now is an accomplishment for me.
                "You want for myself
                You get me like no one else
                I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                Even in the darkest part of me
                I am beautiful with you
                Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                You're here with me
                Just show me this and I'll believe
                I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I had one short-lived CD "relationship" in high school but looking back it didn't mean anything to either of us. My current SO and I met CD and it was LD in the summers and when I studied abroad. It turned all LD in May when we graduated, so for me LD is almost more normal.

Comment

I've only had one LD relationships as opposed to more than a dozen close distance relationships. Even before we closed the distance our relationship was the most fulfilling though.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                    - A. A. Milne

Comment

I've never met anyone online either and I can't really imagine that for myself.

However this and my previous serious relationship have been LDR at some point. Since I've moved out of home I seem to me moving somewhere else every 1 - 1.5yrs (when I'll move out of my current place, I'll have lived here 2.5 yrs, new record since 2006!), obviously my boyfriends couldn't just give up and move places with me, so we ended up LDR.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

4 CD and 1 ldr (my current) and hopefully my last!

Comment

No, the normal for me is being CD. i once met a guy online, when i was still with my ex, started to talk to him, and fell in lust with him. he lived in another state in brazil, where i have family. so when i went to the city he lives (to visit my family, not for him) very shortly after we started talking (like 2 weeks) i broke up with my ex (we only were boyfriend and girlfriend for one month, and i wanted to break up with him way sooner), and met the guy. we dated for the week i was in his city, and that was it. we are still good friends!!! and i give him loads of advice and all. but it wasn't a relationship. it was just dating for a week and enjoying it.

besides that, just my SO. we are together for 3 years now and will get married in 9 days (sorry you all that I'm mentioning the countdown every other post, is just the penny still didn't drop!)
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

All my relationships are "average" and close distance. I have never be in a relationship with someone I have never met or didn't know and have only been in one LDR.
                            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I've had four relationships and out of these four one is LDR, which is my current one. They all started CD, so that's normal for me.

Personally, I don't mind if people fall in love online rather than real life, but that doesn't do it for me because I feel like I might set myself up for disappointment. It isn't easy to transfer online love into real life. Besides I'd be too chicken to meet persons I met online for fear of the unknown. I feel like even if I got to know a person online quite well, in truth I don't really know them til I've met them and saw them all in natura.

Comment

I've had 3 serious relationships (including this one) and two have started CD and then went LD. With my ex, we were CD for about half a year when I moved. I was ready to end the relationship right then, but he wanted to keep it going. We were LD for about 2 years before he decided to move where I was (wasn't so much a mutual decision). I remember that being a whole lot easier than my relationship now- partly b/c it was domestic, whereas now I'm in an international LDR and partly b/c I feel so secure that my SO is the one I want to be with. I was definitely never fully committed to the relationship with my ex and had a very apathetic attitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X