Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been in more LDR's than normal relationships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you been in more LDR's than normal relationships?

I've only had too real life relationships other than my current one, one lasted 3 days, and the other was 10 months, but other than that i've always seemed to get myself into online relationships without even trying.

It always makes me wonder why real life relationships didn't happen to me and if im just not approachable like online where most of the time you get to make a first impression based on personality and not looks, or everyone isn't so shy.

Online dating for me is just as normal as dating in real life.

Would anyone else agree? Are you more accustomed to LDR's than in-person relationships?

"The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
    Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
    Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
    First Visit: December 7, 2017
    Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

I've only had one CD relationship and several LDRs. Only one was serious though.

Comment

I would say so. I've only had two relationships, both long-distance, one that lasted a year and a half and my current one has lasted 9 months so far.

For me, I'm not sure what it's about. Being honest, it may boil down to opportunity. I meet and talk with more people online than I do in person, despite being a university student. It makes sense I'd meet more people elsewhere than here especially seeing as that's the way things work for me logistically.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Several LDR's and only two CD relationships, honestly I'm with you, I seem to be too shy to approach in real life because I find meeting people online so much easier, I can be who I really am without having to worry about coming off the wrong way.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I've had one close distance relationship and one long distance relationship. Its not that I feel either one is easier or more difficult to find. It just happens that the right person for me lives 1451 miles away and I'm so glad I found him.

Finding myself.

Comment

I've had one of each; my first "serious" relationship was CD and lasted about 4 years, and my current relationship is my first LDR.

Comment

Right now is my first long distance relationship. I had two longer close distance relationships and one small close distance that lasted about 2 months. Its so interesting to see the difference. In a way, I feel like I truly appreciate my SO in my LDR, even though it kills me that I can't see him as much. But it works out.
              "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by carolynred View Post
                In a way, I feel like I truly appreciate my SO in my LDR, even though it kills me that I can't see him as much. But it works out.
                I agree I mean the 10 month CD relationship I was in was also a little long distance in the fact that we were keeping the relationship a secret so I couldn't actually see him a lot, but I almost feel like it would be awkward to be in one because im so used to being far away from them.
                "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                First Visit: December 7, 2017
                Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

I've only had one relationship, and it's long-distance, and it's with my current SO.

Comment

I've had two CD relationships and then one serious LDR which is the one I'm in right now. I definitely like that there is no drama from others about my relationship now i.e no rumors at school, high school drama type stuff, you know? I'd give anything for my SO and me to be CD but however far away he is, we'll tough it out haha.

Comment

I've only been in one relationship and it happens to be an LDR. It's with my current SO! He and I are LD because he's away at college.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I've been in a LDR with my SO twice and that's it. He's the only one worth it to me.

Comment

Honestly I have only had two CD boyfriends. One I almost don't count. But I have dated a couple guys. I have had a few LDRs but idk if they count I was very young.
                          .We've Closed the Distance.
                          no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                          i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                          no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                          all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

I didn’t have a relationship prior to this one…the encounters I had with guys before my SO were never defined and nothing ever really transpired from them. I’ve had crushes sure and kisses here and there..but nothing like my present relationship now..and if things go my way this will be my first and last boyfriend..cause I wanna marry this one!

Comment

I've had about 3 LDR's and I'd say I feel a lot more comfortable in them than CD relationships. My first GF was a CD relationship and it didn't last long at all. Seems like my LDR's last longer =/ I think it's also because I really don't go out as much so I don't meet a lot of people. Also, I'm into girls so it's hard for me to meet anyone who would be interested in me without going to some kind of event based on that. My current/just ended relationship lasted 3 years and we only met once, so it can be quite discouraging that way though.

Comment

Working...
                              X