Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Improvement! (in your relationship)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Improvement! (in your relationship)

Today in one of my classes, we were assigned to essentially create a bucket list. Just some goals and dreams we want to accomplish before we die. One of mine was "do something that scares me".
    When I got home I started thinking about some things I would like to do or change to improve myself and my relationship with my SO. No person or relationship is perfect.
    The biggest thing? I want to work on "crossing that bridge when we get there". I get anxious about things so far in my future they may not happen. Its a lots of unnecessary stress for me and my SO. I need to work on living in the now.

So what is something/are some things that you want to try to improve in yourself/your relationship?

I make slick sarcastic comments a lot, that often come off as hurtful even if they aren't meant to be. So that is something that I would want to change, not just in my relationship, but in general.
    "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
    Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
    Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
    First Visit: December 7, 2017
    Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

NAGGING!!!! I am horrible at it. OMG. I will nag Chris to death to get things done. He hated it in the beginning and now appreciates it since he gets stuff done, but now that i know i do it, i annoy myself!!! That is a relationship thing that I personally need to work on.
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

less anxiety

Comment

I want to not be such a procrastinator. My SO is a procrastinator too so with the both of us, nothing ever gets done xD we try to encourage each other but then I feel hypocritical.

Comment

I need to work on my temper. I know that it's not helping anything in our relationship.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I personally need to work on my procrastination.

In our relationship I need to work on being more patient. Its hard cause I miss him so much. I'm very patient with him, but when I wait to hear from him I just get myself so worked up when I should wait calmly because stressing out doesnt help anything.

Finding myself.

Comment

I need to work on not over-thinking everything. Often times if I don't hear from him all day, or he takes FOREVER to respond to my texts, I can be kind of bitchy and get really irritated. I have to remind myself that he loves me and I love him and I shouldn't let a phone get me so worked up all the time.

Comment

I need to work on not snapping at my SO. If I'm frustrated with something I'm doing and he asks a question, I sometimes snap at him, even though I don't mean to,
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahbear View Post
                    I need to work on not over-thinking everything. Often times if I don't hear from him all day, or he takes FOREVER to respond to my texts, I can be kind of bitchy and get really irritated. I have to remind myself that he loves me and I love him and I shouldn't let a phone get me so worked up all the time.
                    You and me both! that's something I need to work on too!

Comment

Express myself better.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        Express myself better.
                        I need to do this, as well.

Comment

I need to learn to stop procrastinating and learn to live in the now or at least just plan ahead for one year, but no more five-year-plan! I'd just set myself up for a lot of disappointment and get really anxious on top of it, too!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetshay View Post
                            I make slick sarcastic comments a lot, that often come off as hurtful even if they aren't meant to be. So that is something that I would want to change, not just in my relationship, but in general.
                            I do this too. I find myself so amusing. Others... not so much.

Comment

To stop saying "I'm Sorry" all the time. D:

Comment

Working...
                              X