Why do you think LDRs are worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you think LDRs are worth it?

So like others on here, I've been noticing that a lot of posts are sad or forgetful of why you go through your LDR.
    Here are a few questions that might make you really think about it:

1) Why do you think your LDR is worth it?
    2) What's the most rewarding part of your relationship?

1) For me, it's completely worth it to know that we have each others backs no matter what. We're best friends and we've been through so much. He deserves the best and I know I'm the one who can give him that. It's worth the smile on his face when he looks at me. It's great when I'm with him and his buddies, he hugs me and shows me off as the most supportive girlfriend/best friend possible. It's harder than anything during deployments and training but I know I wouldn't have any other girl stand behind him the way I do. Love is what makes it completely worth it!

2) Seeing him after a 7 month deployment or after long periods of separation. The smile on his face and the look in his eyes reminds me that in his eyes I'm the most amazing girl in the world. It's a great feeling!

So let's cheer up here folks, life is too short to be sad!

1. I simply just toss out the LD part as much as I can. I try my best to focus on what we have instead of what we don't have (eg. each other instead of not there physically).

2. That we're growing together

Comment

1) Why do you think your LDR is worth it? Because he is the person I want to spend the rest of eternity with and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't want anyone else even if they happen to be closer. I want him. He's my best friend, I can talk to him about anything and everything, I've never really had anyone who I felt this comfortable with than him. He's perfect for me.
      2) What's the most rewarding part of your relationship? Well seeing him after months and months and months of not being physically together and that first hug and kiss and the many more that follow. Just being in a relationship with the man I love is a great enough reward, knowing that he chose me, knowing how he feels..

Comment

Because he is the perfect match for me He always knows how to cheer me up and make me laugh. We're literally just made for each other (as soppy as it sounds!) He is the one i want to go through life with, through good and bad times. And my thinking is, if we can pull through being apart from each other for god knows how long, we can get through anything together.

Seeing him for visits and creating memories that we will keep with us forever And just waking up in the morning knowing that we are proving everyone wrong who said it could never work out, well news to them, im one of the happiest girls alive

Comment

I gave the same answer to a similar question, the love of my life is 1451 miles away. I dont have a choice but to be in a long distance relationship. Being away from him is still better than being with anyone else. For the unconditional love and happiness we provide each other it is worth it.

Visits and being with your SO are always the most rewarding part but over the cumulative whole of the relationship its the love, happiness, support and compassion that are the most rewarding part. Its just like any CD relationship, you love someone because they complete you and you make each other better people, in the sense that you both fulfill each other and give each other strength.

Finding myself.

Comment

I don't connect with people easily. Even with friends, it usually takes me a couple years to really be good friends with them, if we even make it that long. With my girlfriend, we had a connection within a few months. Something about her meshes perfectly with me. In addition to that, she's a wonderful, sweet, loving, amazing, caring, perfect girl. All of that together makes the distance worth it. As much as I hate the distance, my girl is worth it.

We always talk about "airport hug" and "airport kiss," which is exactly as it sounds, the first hug and kiss when we first see each other again at the airport. That in itself is always amazing because we've made it to another trip to see each other. The little things are really rewarding too. Just getting a text from her that says hi, or I love you, or asks how my day is always makes me really happy.

Comment

1) Why do you think your LDR is worth it? I suppose I could counter this by saying why are CD relationships worth it? People in CD relationships face their own issues, sometimes CD-related, sometimes not, but it's still two people who are committed to making something work. For me, it's the same with my partner, even being in a LDR. We're two people committed to making it work for the same reasons others are committed to making their relationship work. The fact that distance is involved is another factor, nothing more, nothing less, and I try not to dwell on it as much as is possible.
              2) What's the most rewarding part of your relationship? Same as anglp. My partner and I are growing together, working together, bettering ourselves and our relationship through the obstacles that we face. To me, finding someone who can grow and change with you is the most beautiful and rewarding part of any relationship.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

1. Why do you think your LDR is worth it?

Simply put: I'm happy. Correct that, very very oh so much happy with being with my SO. If he can make me have those warm fuzzies 326 miles away, I have no doubt being together when the distance is done will be amazing. He fits me so perfectly, and I feel like he lifts me up emotionally, spiritually, and confidentially. I feel like I'm finally in a mature and meaningful relationship, so I don't want distance to stop that! He's my best friend and my boyfriend at the same time, and he's worth waiting the time until we can close the distance.

2. What's the most rewarding part of your relationship?

Just being with a guy I truly love and care for and he feels the same way back. Yes, the distance makes things harder, but it also brings us closer because we work together until we can see each other again. Its our goal to make it past the long distance, in fact, we both kinda like the idea of proving people wrong about how LDR's don't work. Its quite exciting when we hit our monthly anniversary! Our LDR makes us appreciate each other more and we truly cherish the moments we have together. I feel like everything means so much more when put through the distance, even though of course we would rather be closer together.
                "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

1) I feel my LDR is worth it because I get to be with him in the long run, I have never been as close with anyone as I have been with him, He knows more about me than anyone. He is there for me and supportive. I feel that he is worth waiting for. To see his smile, hear his laugh, and snuggle him and no other guy makes me very happy.

2) The most rewarding part is being able to be with him, remaniss, have late night conversations with him, knowing that he is my best friend. And knowing we are each others favorite person to be with
                  " There is always hope.
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                    1) Why do you think your LDR is worth it? I suppose I could counter this by saying why are CD relationships worth it?
                    I'm with Eclaire on it. It's not so much that my relationships spans over thousands of miles, but it's rather about the completely wonderful person I'm with for me to think that this relationship is worth its troubles and tribulations. Every relationship has those, no matter if it's CD or LD. In my case, distance is involved but it's not one of our main troubles.
                    Just being with him and the love we have, which is still growing, is reward enough. Of course we prefer being together and we're going to be together soon, so for us distance is just another obstacle to overcome while enjoying our love.

Comment

1) He understands me, like he has gotten to know me on a level I dont think anyone else has and still wants to be with me!! Lol!

2) Long conversations. Before we went LD our relationship had pretty much gotten stuck in a rut of seeing each other late at night, spending the night together, and leaving early morning for class and not really doing alot else. Now we're LD we've been forced to talk to each other again, like, have actual meaningful discussions again, and get to know each other on a level we'd seemed to have forgotten about.
                      Si tu n'etais pas la
                      Comment pourrais-je vivre
                      Je ne connaitrais pas
                      Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                      Quand je suis dans tes bras
                      Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                      Comment pourrais-je vivre
                      Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                      Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

1) Why do you think your LDR is worth it? Because I love my SO, I only want to be with him, I don't care about being with other people just because they're closer, my heart just happens to belong to someone across the country.
                        2) What's the most rewarding part of your relationship? Getting to know my SO on a much deeper level than I have ever gotten to know anyone, we truly have grown together and just knowing that I can make a difference in his life, that's all that matters.

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

1. Because at the end of it, I get to spend the rest of my life with my SO. He's worth it, and there was never a doubt in my mind that we would find a way to make it work. The hard bits are never as hard as the happy bits are happy, if you know what I mean

2. Waking up, rolling over, and spooning my sleeping SO. Well, really, it's that we just click so well, and he understands me like no one else does. I was feeling anxious when I talked to him earlier today, and after sending him 2 messages by IM, he was saying "What's wrong?? Are you ok??" He's just amazing!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Like others have wrote, its not the LDR thats worth it, it's him. He's the one worth waiting for, holding onto, letting go of all the little things to be with him. It's hard, and scary, and the distance makes it even harder. If it were anyone else I couldn't do this. But after really falling for him, and then being hit by these struggles, theres nothing i can do, he has and holds my heart. I love him, and it's as simple... and as complicating, as that.

The most rewarding part, are those moments with him, when he's on and i see him smile, or he tells me exactly what i need to hear, or when i saw his sleepy face, or when he held me. When he told me he loves me, wishes that he could ask me to marry him, that he's booked his flight. The moments when the rest of the world melts away there are no worries and it's just him and me, when i can see our future, see us spending the rest of our lives together. It's knowing i found my life partner. And that my love is returned by his love.
                            I love you Nathan <3
                            sigpic
                            5/25/09 <3

Comment

1) I think it is worth it to be with him. I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else and putting myself through it. But to know that we will be together.

2.)Knowing that he loves me and would rather be with me than anywhere else makes it worth it.
                              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                              X