2012 Leap Year & My Silly ideas for February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Leap Year & My Silly ideas for February

Is anyone realize its the leap year this 2012?? i was googling when finally realize it.. hahaha

Its according to Irish/UK tradition when a girl could propose their man hahaha i had this silly thought of doing it... :P its very 4 years!

I know he will say no... or maybe.... because we're in middle of hectic situation since he moved back to Russia... but i just think its a sweet way to remind him that i will be there for him. Just not really serious thing tho if he take it serious its better!

How about you?what do you think about this idea of leap year?

Ps. have you watch the movie??

Although it would be cute to do and I would probably be make it super cheesy I still would rather him propose to me so he can show me his romantic side.

Comment

my SO not that romantic thats the problem hahahah..... its just something to laugh at something suppose to be fun he suppose to visit me this december.. things happens and.. we barely had time for us to talk on phone anymore

I do prefer man propose... when he ask me to do Russian course i think its a sign that he want me to be with him so this is kind of the February romantic silly thing that i got :P

Comment

aww thats pretty cute, my SO is trying to learn Japanese for me since I already know it and i might possibly be moving there for a career.

Comment

One of my favourite ever films. :P

However, I likely would not propose on leap day if it weren't going to be taken seriously. If I wanted my boyfriend to propose to me or if I felt he was going to say "no" because it wasn't the right timing... Eh, a proposal is not something I would do as a "joke" or as a way of showing him I care. There are other perfectly reasonable ways to show you care without bringing a mock proposal into it. I think I'd feel like I was making a mockery of something that was important to me and so I don't think I'd ever consider doing it unless I were serious about it.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

I thought that was a terrible movie, the acting was bad it hurt me to watch. I definitely don't think I'll be doing any proposing, I'm not sure that either one of us are at the point in our relationship.

Comment

No, i want him to propose to me, lol thats the plan. I haven't seen this movie though, any good?
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                No, i want him to propose to me, lol thats the plan. I haven't seen this movie though, any good?
                From what I know of the people I know who have seen it and from the reviews, it's one of those movies that you either love or hate. There are very few in between opinions about it. People either really like it or they really don't, from what I've observed. I wouldn't say it's the best made? But hey, I loathed that long distance movie - Like Crazy, was it? - because of the horrible acting, the nonexistent chemistry between actors, the lack of plot, character development, and general realness, but some people loved that movie because of the chemistry, the acting, and because they found it very much resembled the reality of LDRs. So I think Leap Year is sort of like that: you either like it or you don't, but you won't know until you give it a watch. Personally the end scene is still the only chick flick - ever - that gets me to curl my toes and squeal a bit.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Humm might say it in wrong way

Of course a proposal not a joke, we're asking someone to be our husband, its a serious thing! my SO never proposed me, but he want me to learn his language, he also change in a way more communicating about his future plans. He once told me whats his fears, and its about our future and our children. When a not very romantic man say whats in their heart, i tend to believe it he do wish us to had family and future together.

He wont say romantic things, he tends to do rather than say, he rarely say he love me, but i could feel he does from thing he did to me. When someone care about someone else more than them self, i call that love.

My SO the type who think showing feelings means being weak...but the kind of guy who cry *twice* while we're hugging each other at the air port. I even think that if one day we will eventually get married he might say: "hey, do you feel like getting married?" and when i said yes, he will say, ok lets do the paper >>errhhh.... there goes my most romantic moment blown away hahahahha.... he will say the romantic things i did was silly.. but when i did it i know he was happy and his face was entirely red blushing. I did ask him to be more romantic, but he just can't.. and thats just the way he is so hard to express him self.

This is why i want to say this things, actually just things that he already told me before; i want to ask him if he want to wake up every morning by my side until we got wrinkles and fall in love all over again every single day when we woke up together, sharing the life ups and down, every single happy tears or sad tears, i ask him to be the only place i came home to .... you know those kind of cheesy question but anyway the kind of question i would dying to know the answer....

Its not a joke but i want to do it in happy way... we've been through quite a lot, i just feel its enough sad and missing and unsure things....ugghh haha i wish i could express this the right way!

Comment

The movie was pretty bad. I wouldn't leave the house to rent it. However, if it's recommended on your netflix and you have nothing better to do with your time... go for it!

Comment

My SO proposed to me this past May. I proposed back to him, December 30th, with a $10 steel ring from amazon lol maybe I should have waited for this year? That being said, I would have never proposed to him if he hadn't proposed to me first! Nowhere near brave enough!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                        I thought that was a terrible movie, the acting was bad it hurt me to watch. I definitely don't think I'll be doing any proposing, I'm not sure that either one of us are at the point in our relationship.
                        I think the only reason I watched it at all was because I was on an airplane for 6 hours. The only thing worse than that movie was the time I had to watch Twilight 3 flights in a row

And no, no proposing from me.

Comment

I agree with snow_girl, haha. It's honestly one of the worst movies I've seen. I don't know what bothered me more... the fact that she took a ferry from Wales to Dingle (opposite side of Ireland...), the fact that they made Dingle look like a crappy little town, the fact that it took days to get from there to Dublin, or the horrible fake Irish accents :P

When my SO and I get engaged, I'd rather he does the asking. I dunno why it's a tradition that there's only one day every four years that a woman should propose, I say if you want to do it, do it whenever you feel like it!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I saw that movie once, and I think that I really liked it. It's been a while since I watched it though. My fiance and I are already engaged so I don't see the point in me proposing to him. To me, it seems a little redundant.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I read something about women's proposals on leap year that I thought was funny. If a man declined the marriage proposal, he had to pay the girl in dresses and gloves to make up for the embarrassment. If I'd been alive back then, I'd propose to every man in sight and stock up on cute dresses for the next four years. Screw embarrassment....free stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X