Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the sweetest thing your SO every did for you or told you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lately when I was upset about some stupid crap that my dad is doing, and was feeling very self-deprecating, he cheered me up immensely. He told me that he thought from the moment that he met me that I was an interesting person, and that he couldn't wait to know me more... I had apparently told him that night that I had saved up and moved to Ireland on my own, without knowing a single person, and he found it amazing and brave, and admired me for it!

I always thought that up and moving to Ireland right after university was impulsive and foolish, because that's what my parents thought, but I loved that before he even knew me, he admire my courage, and thought I was worth getting to know! It made me all warm and fuzzy to hear

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Probably the sweetest thing he has done, off the top of my head, is when he put post-it notes all over items in his room. And the sweet message on each note was related to the object it was on. For example, there was one on the lamp that said something like "You are the light of my world" and one on the window that said "you are the window to my heart" etc etc. It was really sweet.
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

He loves me with everything he has. I can't think of anything sweeter he could do than that.

Comment

Just today, I woke up to an email from him (which I love love LOVE) and he just said how much he supported me in everything (especially with some crap I've been going through with my landlady). My favorite line? "Your battles are my battles." I know he has my back (and vice versa) regardless, but it made me feel like a million dollars to hear him say that.

I love him so much.
          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I don't think I can come up with the "sweetest" thing (everything he does is pretty much sweet) but all I can think of to say is something that happened within the first month of our relationship while I was still studying abroad in Scotland (we lived in the same dormitory by the way). I'm recounting this memory here of all places because I think it was when I realized that he was definitely a keeper.
            I had cut myself shaving and texted him, "Do you have a band aid?" and he didn't reply, he came down to my room to give me a band aid!

Comment

While he was here on our last visit, my computer got a virus. You gotta know 2 things about us: my SO is ridiculously and brilliantly tech-savvy, and I am terrified of computer viruses. Yes, it's an irrational fear. Yes, I chose the right guy :P. Anyway, I get this really ugly Trojan horse. It did the scary "Your computer is infected!" pop-ups and even made sounds (it squealed like a pig >.< *shudders*). Thank goodness my SO was there! He ran the anti-virus (holding me tight to his chest the whole time...) and realized that it wasn't going away. He decided to wipe the entire hard drive, which also freaked me out. It took him several nights to do, but he did eventually fix it!

The most important part was the night the virus emerged. We were in bed cuddling and he was going to get up and go to his air mattress. But I was shivering with fear and another irrational terror: that the virus would come out of the computer and hurt me. It was irrational and just weird. But he cuddled me and held me and slept in my bed that night. It was so sweet and romantic. I felt so safe in his arms :3.

Comment

I don't know if I would say this is the sweetest thing he has ever done as he keeps doing sweet stuff for me, but Tuesday while I was here, we walked to the grocery store. On the way there, he finally had to ask me, "Do you want to switch shoes?". When he was down in Texas, he knew that the shoes were a pain for me. I wore them up here and he actually wore them on the way to the grocery store, in the grocery store, on the way home. He called them abusive on the way home. He ended up going back to his brother's, getting another pair of shoes for himself, and giving me his so that I am not going home in four year old shoes that are beating my feet up.
                candi ❤ austin
                ღ5.11.2011ღ
                ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                [/CENTER]

Comment

his charm makes me soo speechless! He treats me like a princess and a goddess, but is calling me his gorgeous angel. Recently he told me that I'm his dream and that when I come he won't be able to sleep for a couple of nights, but just stare at me and ask himself how such a beauty got lost in his bed.. aaaw he is just so cute!!

Comment

In high school my SO and I were close distance. He lived about 30 minutes away and went to a different high school. At the time, he did not have a car.

My friend and I had gotten into a fight. She took something I said as serious, when I really meant it as a joke. That night, her boyfriend sent me a long Facebook message about how much of a whore and bitch I am and how I should just kill myself since everyone hates me, ect. At that time, I had a problem with self injury so I cut myself. When I told my SO, he woke his mother up (at 2am) and made her drive him all the way to my house so that he could hold me and make me feel better and clean up my wounds. He held me on my driveway until I calmed down while his mom waited.

It's one of the most romantic things he's ever done.

He still wants to beat up my friend's boyfriend but thankfully we haven't seen him!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

When I went to his city for the first time He was in the airport waiting for me with a big sign: WELCOME TO HOTLANTA and he made a draw of Snoopy and some hearts. He knows I love snoopy. He wasn't embarrassed at all. Every morning i got up late because he had to work and Everyday i found a postcard outside the fridge with the plans for that day.

Comment

It was our year anniversary, which also happens to be on my birthday (easy to remember, at least!), and we're both huge music nerds, so we went to the bar we always go to for karaoke when I'm down. We know the DJ, he knows everyone else, it's just a cool place. He put in a song, then dedicated it to me for our anniversary and told me he loved me before singing. Pretty sure there's a part of me still left in that chair, haha. Now every time I hear it, I can't help smiling and thinking of him. He doesn't say how he feels all that much, normally I'm the sappy one, but when he does... it just blows me away.

Comment

When we were close distance the first time, I had had a horrible, horrible day at work, and he picked me up from work with a box of chocolates to make me feel better.

Another time, he cleaned my apartment while I was at working.

And then during the long distance period:

*while talking about Android tablets and electronics we wanted in our place after closing the distance* Him: "And I want one with HDMI out so we can hook it up to the TV"
                          Me: "Why? We're going to have a giant Android tablet mounted to our wall." *referring to one of those Google enhanced TVs."
                          Him: "... You saying that makes me love you so much more."
                          ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                          ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

I can't really pick the 'sweetest' thing he has done/said because he tosses a lot of sweet little things into conversations at times (like doing things to make my mood better when I've had a bad day, even if he's had a bad day as well).

The thing that I think of the most though is when we were in the somewhat transition phase from being just friends. I had some other issues that I had to deal with before deciding if I wanted to go into a relationship with him and I apologized for making him have to deal with the situation that I was in. He said, "You didn't drag me into your situation, I walked in willingly. If I didn't want to be in it, I wouldn't be." I was rather emotional at that moment because I was dealing with some rather emotionally distressing things, so that meant a lot to me. Before that night was over he also said, "I'll wait for you, but I can't wait forever. No one can wait forever, but I'll wait as long as it takes". That was one of the most comforting and painful things that I had been told, all in the same few lines, but I appreciate and love them none-the-less. I knew at that moment that I didn't want to lose him though.
                            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

The day we started dating she made me cookies. I still get butterflies every time I think about it

Also one night she was feeling really down and as I was leaving she threw her arms around me and said "you're not leaving tonight". And then I held her in my arms until the morning

Comment

Before he was my SO and we were just friends, the sweetest thing he ever did was carry me up the the third floor after we were stumbling around and he stepped on my foot lol =). Mind you I'm heavy and being a total brat, and he was just soooo sweet =3. As my SO, I think the sweetest thing has been cooking one of my favorite meals and bringing it to bed <3. He's always super sweet in what he says but my favorite ever was when he was courting me. I was telling him of my fear of being demanding if we were LDR and he just said "demand all you want, ill be here."

Comment

Working...
                                X