Struggling to get back to normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling to get back to normal

I know that it's been just a couple days since Steve and I broke up. We have talked some today and both understand that we are not getting back together again, but over time we will be come friends, which is perfectly fine with me. But I am having trouble getting back to being normal/single. I really am not sure what to do with myself right now. I just finished doing a bible study lesson, i plan on writing out a prayer or two once I finish this. I've watched movies, played games with my family, surfed the internet and what not. All stuff that I am used to doing on a normal basis whether I am with someone or not. I feel like I need to get my life back on track but not sure how since everything I am doing to occupy myself I have been doing all along.

Any suggestions?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well you only just broke up, you need to give yourself some time to actually be sad and realise that it's over and then go out with your friends and have fun!!!

Comment

I honestly think that I was over it already before we even broke up. It is weird that I do not have someone to talk to. I am planning on hanging out with my best friend this weekend ( amazed that I actually have it off). I guess that I'm just not used to the quiet.

Comment

it takes a while to getting used not "belonging" to someone anymore...maybe try new things to fill the gap, maybe a new tv-series that will take your mind off him for a while

Comment

Will give that a try. If not i have hundreds of books and movies. I'm halfway through a book now

Comment

I hate the few months after a break up because it's as if everything you do/see/hear reminds you of that person. Try to find something to do that would have zero connection to him or something that kind of requires you to stay focused on it like working out or cleaning. Try to look up new activities to do like take a zumba class or something (not sure what you're into), maybe pottery. Lol sorry if these are bad suggestions but I hope you get the gist.
            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
            First Visit: December 7, 2017
            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Time. Try to keep yourself busy but don't be afraid or unwilling to experience grief or sadness around breaking up too. If you don't deal with your issues that have come up because of the breakup (general sadness or whatever) its not healthy for you.

I know when I broke up with my exfiance, I was so upset I wasn't sure how I'd ever get back to me. I found myself a job and threw myself into it along with making new friends. While I was happy, it took me 6+ months to work through my sadness over the loss of the relationship.

Keep yourself busy, head high and carry on, time heals all wounds.

Comment

Thanks so much guys!!! Think I will look into yoga classes or something.

Comment

Originally posted by chef.rae View Post
                  Thanks so much guys!!! Think I will look into yoga classes or something.
                  Yoga is wonderful. <3 If there's something active like aerobics or kickboxing... That can be fun too. xD Pretty intense but it's something different if you've never done it before, it's good for your health, it's fast-paced and fun, and it's great stress relief.
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

pick up a series

or pick up a language that could be fun!

Comment

Takes time for wounds to heal, may not be apparent to you and you may not feel it consciously, but your heart is still probably getting over what's happened. I like the suggestion of yoga, it looks like good fun and it's supposed to be really good for you, and I know a few of my college friends and even a couple of the lecturers do it, they've all said how much of a laugh it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X