Is it the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it the end?

With all the breaks and break ups, how do you think your relationship will turn out and why?

hmm im not sure i understand your question. Every relationship is different. When i see ppl going on breaks or are breaking up, i just think i need to work harder on our relationship. We're both on the same page and know where our relationship is heading and are gonna work our damn hardest to get there. We know our relationship isnt perfect, that there will always be lows but those lows makes us work all the more harder to make those highs just that much better.

Comment

I don't think other people's relationships should have an influence on your own..
      I guess there's always the chance it's not meant to be forever, but I don't think you should take that as a given for every relationship...

I think my SO and I are still at a very delicate stage of our relationship, even though its already been 5 months, seeing as I had to move so soon after we started dating...anything can happen and we are giving it a try

Comment

No, it's not the end. Not for me, anyways.

I don't let what happens to others affect me. I think my relationship is something rare to find. We've never taken a break because we always work through any kind of disagreement that arises, so I don't see us breaking up any time soon. We're in it for the long haul. Sometimes I get scared that things won't turn out right (because you never know what life will throw at you), but I fight those negative thoughts and keep my head in check whenever that happens. My SO loves me, I love him. We work well together.

Comment

Thinking about the end are negative thoughts, definitely not my way of thinking! Glass is half full!!
          \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
          \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
          \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

My SO and I don't believe in taking breaks. If it came to that point we'd stay broken up, but of course both of us work (and will continue to work) hard, both individually and as a couple, to prevent such an outcome! We do know that nothing in life is for certain, that feelings and circumstances can change; as previous posters have said though, the best thing is to push aside such negative thoughts. What you do in the present will affect what happens in the future... all we can do is try our best today to create an even better tomorrow.

Comment

I don't see how other people's breaks and splits should influence your own relationship. I feel sorry for everyone who suffers of course, but I wouldn't let it sway me. Every couples' relationships is different.

Comment

i think it can help, michael and i broke up for 6 months after only 4 months together, now we have been together 2 and 1/2 years, going on 3 unofficially

with out that time apart we wouldnt have ever matured and been able to be together

Comment

I generally don't agree with taking a break, and there's a part of me that still doesn't agree with the break my partner took after his mother passed away, but I understood it. I understood his reasoning because I have seen the way that grief can manifest both first and secondhand and I understood his reasons, as much as they hurt. There were times that I doubted whether or not I could make it through that situation. We never stopped being exclusive and committed, we never stopped acting as boyfriend and girlfriend, but even when we reinstated the labels, properly, things were still difficult. His emotions were like wildfire, understandably, and my emotions both fed off his and were hypersensitive due to the secondhand stress of the situation and having to settle into new things/routines. Things have, for the most part, settled now within this past little while and I would actually have to say that the experience made our relationship stronger and I have more faith, confidence, and general security in our relationship than I ever did before, as does he. The only other time I'd advocate a "break" is when someone needs space from their partner and they aren't getting it. Other than that, I don't agree with them, and I always tilt my head in confusion at the people who take a break every time something goes wrong, claiming it fixes their relationship. But for me, in my case, the experience from his mother's passing until now has strengthened us and strengthened our relationship and has actually made me feel like we're more able to overcome adversity. My partner does not generally believe in taking breaks either. We prefer to work through things as opposed to huffing off and doing our own thing for days.
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

Me and my SO both don't believe in "breaks" we know that even when its hard its better to sit and work through it. Whatever the issues are. And as far as break ups and breaks from others, it's not my relationship nor does it effect what goes on between me and my SO. I don't see me ever walking away, he knows he's with me for life, so if theres a problem we have to work through it lol
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
                      i think it can help, michael and i broke up for 6 months after only 4 months together, now we have been together 2 and 1/2 years, going on 3 unofficially

with out that time apart we wouldnt have ever matured and been able to be together
                      My SO and I broke up after 16 months of dating. We stayed broken up for 7 weeks but still told each other we loved each other and such.... it was weird lol. We've been back together for about 5 months now. The time helped us mature.

That's my personal experience and I realize it's different than most peoples.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I don't really believe in breaks -- I honestly think that if you need time off to "figure it out," then your head is already kind of out of the game. That, and in general I just feel like breaks can be used as an excuse to date/see other people and then just come back to your SO at your convenience. When we were having a rough week, my SO suggested we go on a break and I told him that if he wanted to break up with me, then he should just do it (harsh but true). We managed to work it out and find a solution right then and there and that has helped a lot.

As for now, our relationship is delicate...some days I feel like the distance is just going to exhaust us both, but our love gives us wiiiings (as cheesy as it may sounds). Him and I both know we can conquer through it if it means enough to us.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd be naive if I said that I think that my relationship will last forever, I'm young and still quite inexperienced but you know what? I'm going to give it everything I have, if we have trouble I'll fight tooth and nail to fix the problems, I would never give up on my SO without fighting for it. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see my relationship ending any time soon and hopefully we can make it last for the rest of our lifetimes.

Notes:
                          Met: 8.17.09
                          Started Dating: 8.20.09
                          First Met: 10.2.10
                          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I am not letting other peoples choices to take a break or break up influence mine n Wes' relationship. We have gotten over the major hurdle in our relationship and we are stronger and back to our old selves again. I can only think toward the future, and see a positive outcome. Closing the distance is next on my list of things to do and I can't wait. I wouldn't be able to make that 3000 mile commitment if I didn't think we could be together forever =)
                            "You want for myself
                            You get me like no one else
                            I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                            Even in the darkest part of me
                            I am beautiful with you
                            Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                            You're here with me
                            Just show me this and I'll believe
                            I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Is this about other's breaks/break-ups influencing our relationships? o.O If so I missed the point of the thread, and my partner and I don't let anything others do influence our relationship at all.
                              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                              Met online: February 2009
                              Feelings confessed: December 2010
                              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                              to be continued...

Comment

Working...
                              X