Is it a serious relationship if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a serious relationship if...

You and your SO haven't met in person, but he gives his mother your phone number so you can get to know each other??!?

A relationship is serious when the two people in the relationship decide that you want to be in the relationship for the long-haul and that you're really committed to each other. It sounds like it's getting serious, but if you want to know just ask your SO!

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Kristin, it's a serious relationship you are both ready to really commit to each other
      but I would say "meeting" the parents is always a bit of a big deal and a sign that, yes, it is serious, but really, why don't you just talk to him about it?

Comment

It's serious when you both decide you want to commit to each other.

Comment

Um, did he ask you if you wanted to talk to his mother? I mean, it's awesome if both of you want to talk to each other, but I would find that mighty awkward.

Comment

Yea we've kind of established how serious we are in our relationship. But is this a higher step or something?
            Lol it is awkward but the reason why was because he's in the military and he gave his mom my number so we could "worry together" because he knows I'm new to this kind of relationship ...

Comment

I wouldn't analyse it as being a "higher level." You are taking the next step, perhaps (being in a LDR, I don't consider meeting the parents a step, necessarily, but both my boyfriend and I lived/live with our parent, so meeting them was inevitable), but I wouldn't say your relationship is any more or less serious because of it.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

I met my boyfriend's mum the morning after our first date

I still find it a bit awkward to talk to her one the phone, though...

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I think this is his way of trying to bring you deeper into his life, to try and connect you into his family and maybe he is really close with his mom and wants you two to get along well before you meet so that when you do there won't be any awkward tension.

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

To me, that's not a big deal since I'm a momma's boy and my mommy must approve of everyone :P. So yeah, no idea if this is a serious step for you two since I have no idea of his past dating history or the way he thinks. It's definitely cool though :'D.

Comment

Working...
                    X