If your happy and you know it clap your hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your happy and you know it clap your hands

There has been so much negativity within the last couple of days. People starting to feel the emence lonelyness and pain of being away from loved ones. But I know there are people, like myself, that are overtly positive about LDRs and have some stories that would help those who are feeling down. Please share your positive stories, memories, hopes, and wishes to motivate others that are struggling to see the strengh and self-love that every woman has (men too). I find that when I'm a little under the weather I pull strength from others and am motivated daily by their success and positivity.

My SO and I went through a lot to be together. countless tears, a huge distance, fights against visas, expensive flights back and forth, but we got married last week. We still have lots of things to do, and it wont always be easy, but this is something I would like to have told my past self: It does get better, you will be happy, keep fighting, it will be worthy it, he is worthy it.

Things i always knew, but in moments of sadness I could doubt for a while when feeling depressed

We deserve to be happy, you, me, everybody in this forum. For not giving up on love and knowing it can conquer all in the end
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Don't get me wrong - I hate being apart from my SO. But I appreciate what being long distance has brought to our relationship. It's forced us to be able to communicate about our issues, when they arise, something which I can be notoriously bad at. It's shown me how much I value and am ready to fight for this relationship. It's stretched my trust to the absolute limit. It's been a positive challenge in our relationship. Yes, it's difficult and it sucks to be apart, but this distance has been teaching me so much, and for that, I'm happy to be experiencing a LDR.

Comment

I was thinking of making a thread like this ))
        I was quite unhappy a couple of days back, but it's only 11 days left til I get to see my SO and he is super looking forward to it, of course
        He is very busy at the moment, but he never fails to tell me at least once a day how happy is that I'm coming and that I'm in his life and that just makes me happy
        he hates having photos taken of him, but I just discovered a set of pictures we took in a photobooth on out third date and I can't wait to scan and send it to him on Valentine's Day...YES there is a picture of us

Comment

I'm pretty happy today with my relationship. It's our 10 month anniversary and I can't help but be proud that my boyfriend and I have made it this far with the distance. My boyfriend thought that the distance would tear us apart and I don't blame him. We've had our ups and downs but we always come up on top.

Long distance relationships are hard and I certainly miss my boyfriend. But we work really hard and you know what, it's paid off. I couldn't ask, nor would I want to, for a better man than the one I have. I love him so much and I'm so happy he gave me, and us a chance.

Comment

I'm very unhappy and worried now (https://members.lovingfromadistance....7-need-confort) but I hope that I will be able to join this happy thread and participate with a nice sotry soon!

Comment

I'm happy, because today, for the first time I bought plane tickets for the both of us to go somewhere together. I'm so happy about this. We've both been on planed for countless times in the past two years, but it was always on our own, to and from each other.
              It might not be a big thing, but I'm excited about it anyway. Oh and... he'll be more tomorrow (technically, practically two more sleeps, so the day after tomorrow).

*edit: Oh and I just watched the video he made me for our first anniversary and then played on his (huge ass plasma) tv. It's so beautiful and it still makes me cry almost 1,5 years later.
              What did I do to deserve him? I must have been a saint or in a past life...
              Last edited by Dziubka; February 8, 2012, 06:29 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I'm super happy in my relationship. Next Tuesday (yes, Vday) marks our 1 year living together. I just started a job that I think I'm really going to enjoy. My SO has been working really hard to get our new apartment to stop sucking so bad. Since my SO fixed the internet, I can now stream the Duke v UNC game tonight. And I have a bowl of white bean soup with my name on it for dinner.

I'm one lucky girl. Life's good!

Comment

Chris and I's year and a half in on next Monday and Valentine's Day is the following day! Can't wait everything has been going great for us and the distance isn't bothering me that much because I know I'll get to see him soon =)

Comment

I was down a few days ago but I'm glad it's over. I had my feelings focused where they should not and I just needed to be told so, tell him I miss him, and I was immediately happy again. I'm really happy now and I must say I usually am!

I won't say I've been in a very long relationship (just 10 months) but I can definitely tell it's been all worth it and I am willing to make it last. I am looking forward to Valentine's although he won't be physically here.

Comment

I AM AS HAPPY AS A PIG IN PLOP!

My SO and i had a hard time in december till the start of January, we came very close to splitting but we worked hard and we're back on track now. We've known and loved each other for nearly 4 years now and i truely believe we can get through anything and be together... maybe not this year like we originally thought but it WILL happen. Got a visit booked for my love to see me for 2 weeks and we have sooo much planned already. Our bond is stronger now then it has ever been.
                      The distance won't beat us, we are strong,we are in love and we will make it through.
                      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Yesterday was my birthday. Despite being thousands of miles away, my fiance still managed to make me feel like the most special girl in the whole world. It was the absolute most perfect birthday because my fiance made it that way. I love him so much, and I know he is completely worth everything I could give him. In just 18 months, I'll be his wife forever and ever.
                        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                        Made it official: September 17, 2010
                        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                        Got married: November 21, 2012
                        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

We somehow managed to pull through four and a half months of complete instability. After weathering through the worst of his stress and his anger surrounding his mother's passing, we are at last in a place that we can breathe. We have not been arguing, and any mild discretions have been sorted out quite painlessly. We both have a deeper sense of confidence and security in our relationship and though it's come with changes, for the most part, those changes have been good. We have come a long way. Still have some ways to go, but I'm fairly confident that if we can survive what we did, anything else will be a minor wall we can overcome with newfound and deeper senses of communication. I also have to admit that I am very, very happy the affection is back, and the time that he spends with me has increased tenfold since he's stopped using his games as a distraction. He'll also be here in 37 days! Which is a last-minute visit of sorts and his first time out to America, so I'm thrilled.
                          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                          Met online: February 2009
                          Feelings confessed: December 2010
                          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                          to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Biddlybiddlybombop View Post
                            Don't get me wrong - I hate being apart from my SO. But I appreciate what being long distance has brought to our relationship. It's forced us to be able to communicate about our issues, when they arise.
                            I couldnt have said it better. I have never been able to communicate in a relationship like I have in my LDR. And I have been big on telling people even who arent in LDR how much they are not communicating and their relationships have changed for the better.

Distance does suck. But if you know that you will be together at the end, then it isn't that big of a deal.
                            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                            X