Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think about how you're gonna feel when you can finally close the distance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about how you're gonna feel when you can finally close the distance!

So I was just thinking of some ways to cope with being in an LDR when times are tough, and I found this one to be the most uplifting.
    This probably goes without saying already, but I figured that one of the best ways to feel positive about your situation is to imagine the feeling you get when you can finally close the distance between each other.

For me, I think it'd be so surreal. I would honestly have to pinch myself. I'm pretty sure I would cry tears of joy. I wouldn't be able to stop looking at my SO sitting across from me at the dinner table/on the couch/in bed and thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh, I did it! It's finally here!"

Even imagining it right now is making me teary-eyed because I honestly think it'll be one of the happiest feelings I will ever get to experience in life.
    And what's even better is the thought that a year from now, that could be a reality.

So, how do you think you're going to react to closing the distance? What would you do that first day? How would you feel?
    (I'm sure it'll make your day a little brighter today... )
    sigpic

I'm probably going to be very nervous excited but I think it'll definitely take a few days to sink in that it's not just a visit. I know that my SO wants to cook dinner for me, he's an excellent cook, but other than that I think I'm just going to hug the crap outta him, and definitely kiss him, I've never done that before because every time he's visited I've been underage but I'll be 18 by time I move in with him so kissing is something I have to check off my list for sure. ;D

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Realistically I'll probably be a bit stressed out and frazzled. xD I intend to close the distance temporarily next year and I'm already stressing out about money and having enough in the bank etc. I'll be working, so I imagine it will likely be a bunch of crazy and paperwork initially! And probably homesicknesses... But I think aside from that, there will likely be a lot of "wow, I can't believe I'm here for the year" and a lot of cuddles and kisses and probably sex too. :P I think I'm most looking forward to being close-distance for a while, even the little things like bickering over something stupid or having to figure out who gets me-time when or deciding who does dishes tonight and who does laundry etc., and of course, seeing whether or not we work together. Not everything is riding on the working holiday, but it's quite possible that it would lead to engagement, which is exciting.

EDIT: And I of course look to things like not having to say buh-bye and being able to go to sleep in each other's arms too. <3
      Last edited by Haley53; February 9, 2012, 07:09 PM.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Ill be very excited!
        and glad the LDR is finally over!

Comment

As I get closer and closer to closing the distance I get more and more nervous. But having a light at the end of the tunnel is wonderful.

Comment

Well if you don't count the 5 months im going there, when we do close the distance its going to be exciting. We'll possibly be married by then, if not then engaged! So it's going to be like walking on cloud 9 for awhile. I think our honeymoon stage will last for quite some time. When he was here we couldn't keep our hands off each other lol, so lots of love. And then just pure bliss of knowing we made it, were together, no more waiting, no more lonely nights no more hurting because we cant be here for each other. Its going to be amazing. Yes there will still be the reality of bills, and where we live and moving and ect, but i'll be with him and he'll have me. So we can take on the world <3
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Oh honestly I see myself going crAzy, overjoyed, melting!!! Scream with love at him & & hug him while climbing him because he's sO tall... jeje

Comment

Aww I love thinking about when my guy and I finally close the distance!! Though we are unsure of when we'll close it for good, I can't wait for the days to come in our future where whenever we need each other the other is right there, and we don't have to worry about saying goodbye or leaving the other person to make dinner or go to sleep. I think that first day will be so surreal and it might take some time before it really sinks in that it's for more than a holiday. I can't wait for closing the distance.. and being able to cuddle into him if I'm upset or if he's upset and just hold him and stare at him and know I don't have to leave anymore. Ahhh it's so nice to dream about, I tend to use it as my before bed day dreaming.. it's a nice way to drift off to sleep... thinking about what it will be like...

Comment

Hehe love all the responses! I totally want to just drift off to sleep thinking about how lovely it will be.

My SO is kind of the opposite. Yes, he said he'd be excited to have me in his arms for good, but then he's like "What are we going to do about money? our cleanliness differences? How are we going to save up for a house?" I'll handle the logistics later
                  sigpic

Comment

We're probably (if everything goes well) closing the distance in March/April.
                    I'm so used to us being long distance (in four days, we'll have been long distance for two years), that I can't really... grasp it. I'm excited about us moving in together, but I'm always trying to keep my hopes down and tell myself that it might not work out. Firstly because I can't really believe it's actually happening and secondly, because IF something came up and we couldn't close the distance, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

I like thinking about living with him, though. Waking up with him every morning, eating together, discussing about who needs to go and buy toilet paper, coming home from classes/gym and him being there...
                    Oh and I'm excited about getting a bank account together

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We suppose to close the gap in 5-6 months. We will not be living together and my biggest concern is findig a job that pays decent...

Comment

I will be thrilled when this LDR is finally over! It won't be for a while though, a little more then a year to go, but I am still hanging in there. I am not going to give up on this beautiful relationship that I have!
                        Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

When I think about closing the distance, I have so many different feelings. I will be so relieved that the distance is over, that our communication will finally be good all of the time. I will also be super excited that we made it 3 years apart and showed all the naysayers and those who supported us through it all that LDR's can work. I will be happy to fall asleep in his arms, to be able to hug him when I am upset or feeling down, to be able to be intimate whenever we feel the desire to, and even to just do the mundane little things of daily life with him, like food shopping. I am also nervous as well. I'm so nervous that things won't go as planned when actually closing the distance and the logistics scare me. I'm going to have to get used to another new college and I'll have to make friends of my own. Also, I don't know where I'll live yet, whether it be in an on-campus apartment or an off-campus apartment. Will I have roommates or will Anthony move in with me? I'm scared about running out of money or being tight for funds. In the end, I know it'll all be positive and things will fall into place. I just can't wait to close the distance. We have a year and a half left to go before we can, so we just have to keep trucking on until then.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

The way my SO refers to us closing the distance makes me grin like an idiot. He always says, "I cant wait until you come home."

I imagne closing the distance will feel like a fish being released from the line and returned to the water. Their may have been a struggle, even some breif moments of helplessness while your lungs searched for the comfort you so desperately needed. But upon that plunge into the cool velvet darkness of the water you feel whole again, given a chance to live life to the fullest where you were meant to be.

I think of being able to be intimate again, enjoying each other's company and the warm brush of skin on skin. Cuddling together after waking in his arms. I cant wait to be there for him after his long days at work or on the road to cook for him, soothe him, talk to him, and know that I have a chance to make everything alright. I miss the constant laughing, joking, prodding, teasing. I miss showering together. When I get there I will get to enjoy all the things I miss. But there will be some new challenges. I worry about finding a job and a car. I worry about the logistics of moving. I worry about making him change his slob of a bachelor ways. (Yes babe, I will be cleaning the apartment top to bottom and making you do laundry.) Most of all right now I worry about getting the funds together to make the move as I still havent gotten another interview or call for a job.

But, when we do close the distance everything will be right. I get those 10 days all over time infinity, and those were ten of the happiest days a human being could wish for.

Finding myself.

Comment

We have been on and off CD during the times that I go home for breaks from school. So I think the only difference is when we would live together. I dont worry about it to much. The distance would be exchanged for working and the only difference is that we will get to talk in person and not on the phone. But I have lived with him here and there and there are a few things that i could... train... him to do differently but nothing that is a huge deal.

Im excited.
                              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                              X