Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think about how you're gonna feel when you can finally close the distance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I've already done it, I know how I felt- scared out of my freaking mind. You think it'll be all happy and kissy, but it's nerve racking. I hate any type of moving and moving to another country BLOWS. It's stressful and frightening.

Wait am I being a debbie downer here? Well let me leave with this- now that all the mess of closing the distance is over, I love every part of living with my SO.

Comment

I love thinking about closing the distance! There is some anxiety because we have no idea when it will happen. We also have no idea where we'll be living or we'll work, so it will definitely be interesting. At least we do know our professions! He's already working and I'm in We'll be discovering a lot and we can't wait to finally start our lives together. Thinking about closing the distance is sometimes what gets me through those times where I cry because I miss him so much. It's also a great motivation for getting work done when I don't feel like doing anything.

When we're finally together forever, I'll probably have to keep pinching myself to know that it's real life and not just a fantastic dream. The happiness will be more in the little things like cooking dinner, doing laundry, and going grocery shopping. We'll fight over stupid things, but what couple doesn't?

Comment

I wanted to add that I know I'm going to miss my family tons too! I am scared to be away from them because I'm so close with my family. Granted, I'll only be away one or two years, but it's still going to be different. I'll be home for breaks from school so I'll get to see them every few weeks. My SO and I are going to try and see if we can move back home to Long Island when we are both done with school in Rochester, so we won't be apart from the family after that.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

We've got 90 days to go, and I think about May 13 all the time. I am going to enjoy saying goodbye to that severe pit in my stomach that I get everytime we say goodbye or everytime I miss something fun where he lives. Things will be so surreal because its been so long since we lived together. I am going to looooove saying goodbye to the 5.5 hour drive I have to do all by myself to go see him. Ahh I can't wait, ps. this is a cool thread!

Comment

On that first day, I think we'd definitely have to stay at home. I'm alright with a little PDA, but I'm going to want to be all over him We can stay at home and make a huge list of all the couple-y things we can do together now. The idea of waking up next to my favourite giant everyday just makes me so happy.. And all the gorgeous weather and palm trees.

lol, lucybelle has an important point. It will be sort of terrifying, and you have to be ready for it. It'll be one of the most interesting things I'll ever have to do

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Oh my gosh, the thoughts...the mere idea of being able to touch him whenever I want, kiss him whenever I want, just love him in person, any moment of the day...I'm just grinning like an idiot thinking about it. I'm grateful for this LDR, because I know that once I am with him permanently, every single second of heartache and missing him will be worth it, because we've done one of the hardest things a couple can go through. To have an immediacy with the love of my life, to be able to share hopes, dreams, small moments right away--well, it's just breathtaking. I know the moment we close the distance, we're just not going to be able to stop touching each other and kissing, and good Lord, I'm giddy right now at the thoughts!!!!

I do know that missing my family is going to be the hardest thing I'll ever, EVER have to go through. I am so much closer to them now, especially after realizing how much they mean to me after being apart for four months studying abroad. I will miss my hometown, and I'll miss the immediacy of my friends...but Ireland is where my heart is, and I knew the first moment I stepped onto Shop Street in Galway, even before I met my SO, that I was home.
              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
              X