Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for Valentine's day?

A kind of girly question...

Anyone eager for Valentine's? I actually am. I've always liked this date because, if you exclude all of the extreme marketing, and too much pink, red and white, you have a date that reminds you of your friends or your special someone. This time I am thinking a lot of him and I have the feeling this day will be great. Things are going very well with my SO and although I won't see him personally this February 14th; I sent him a letter (I was informed it will arrive the exact day) and we are also planning on dining "together" (via skype). He's preparing a surprise for me, and knowing him it could be a story, a drawing/painting or some etching project...specially because he said it might take a little longer and he's trying to make it perfect, so I'm guessing it's something arty. He has never failed to surprise me though, it could be something unexpected as he's done before. It's my first LDR Valentine's and I am optimistic about it.

So anyone else looking forward for February 14th? Have you planned anything with your SO, or have prepared any present? Will anyone visit or be visitted by them? or...is anyone on the other hand actually sad about this date?

I know many here have the time difference issue with their OS living somewhere on the other side of the globe, and seeing each other even via skype gets hard. Do you still have any plans?

You may share experiences of other years too, I'd love reading them!

My SO and I will not see each other on the day, but we'll see each other the following weekend. We'll probably eat out and exchange presents. I'm really excited to give him my present because I got him sexy photos and I want to see his face.
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

My only plan is to send her this picture I talk about to her e-mail. Since she's not much of a holiday celebrator and we both work, there's not much time to plan things to do together.
      My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Comment

Luckily I'm with my girl right now. I know that she has *something* planned, so I will wait for the surprise!

Comment

Unfortunately my SO has to work so he won't be able to drive to his father's to use the Internet (aka Skype). So we'll probably just talk on the phone extra long after he gets home from work.

I sent him a card with a letter for Valentine's Day. He hopefully sent me one too. He's very low on money so we decided not to exchange presents.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I look foward to Valentine's Day but we don't really do anything that special, I just get excited because it's just another reason to show my SO how much I love him and do extra cute romantic things together/for him. I put together a little card thing for him which I sent a few days ago and it already arrived but he's not opening it until Valentine's Day, though he got to open the initial envelope because I used two envelopes, the one has a bit of decoration on it. I kinda wanted to get him something more, but we're both pretty financially limited right now and saving funds for when we're together this summer too. I did book off the day from work though so a guaranteed Oovoo/video call day!

Comment

I do like valentine!! But this year.. not so much..

We are a couple of miles away, so we definitely not going to see each other..

I have to work till 21:00, but our skype dates are allways around 23:00 so that's ok.

I'm going to send him something nice on his e-mail or Facebook and that's about it.. I don't think he has anything for me.. but that's ok.. We can skip this valentine
              \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
              \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
              \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. In fact, I'm keeping up my tradition and wearing my "Valentine's Day Stinks" shirt for the 4th or 5th year in a row now. This'll be our second Valentine's Day as a couple, but we haven't gotten to spend either together. I visited him last weekend, so I guess that counts for something. I sent him a package and we're going to Skype for a bit. I'm also going to post on his FB wall. He's broke, so I doubt he'll get me anything, but I understand. I'm looking forward to Skyping with him because I have some news to tell him about when he comes home that we're going to have my dad's house to ourselves all weekend! Also, I want to see his reaction when he opens up my package.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

My SO just flew back to his country 2 days ago and because we won't be together on the 14th for real, we just had an early valentine's date. ANd prolly just spend time together on Skype on the 14th.

Comment

My SO works Valentines Day, but his boss might let him off a few hours early so we can spend some time together over Skype. We aren't doing anything special due to time constraints from him working and the fact I have an exam the next morning. I sent him a card so he should hopefully get it either tomorrow or right on V-day! I told him if he got it on Monday to wait until Tuesday but he said he might not be able to wait =p

Comment

I guess my SO isn't that bothered about Valentine's Day.. and I guess it's not my number 1 event of the year either. To be honest, none of us have said a word about it, so.. it'll probably be another ordinary Tuesday for us xD

Comment

Just a Skype date. My SO and I are not firm believers of V-Day.
                        Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
                          I look foward to Valentine's Day but we don't really do anything that special, I just get excited because it's just another reason to show my SO how much I love him and do extra cute romantic things together/for him. I put together a little card thing for him which I sent a few days ago and it already arrived but he's not opening it until Valentine's Day, though he got to open the initial envelope because I used two envelopes, the one has a bit of decoration on it. I kinda wanted to get him something more, but we're both pretty financially limited right now and saving funds for when we're together this summer too. I did book off the day from work though so a guaranteed Oovoo/video call day!
                          Similar to me! I used two envelopes too...and since I was running out of time I had to use a private mail service which added one more envelope. It'll be kind of an "envelope inception". We're low on money too and school gives us practically no time to work and save much, but small details are always cool for these occasions.

Comment

We'll probably Skype like any other night. He asked if we could move our Valentine's Day to the 24th since he'll be here with me then. I've never been really into Valentine's day so I don't think we'll do anything big...maybe dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
                              I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. In fact, I'm keeping up my tradition and wearing my "Valentine's Day Stinks" shirt for the 4th or 5th year in a row now. This'll be our second Valentine's Day as a couple, but we haven't gotten to spend either together. I visited him last weekend, so I guess that counts for something. I sent him a package and we're going to Skype for a bit. I'm also going to post on his FB wall. He's broke, so I doubt he'll get me anything, but I understand. I'm looking forward to Skyping with him because I have some news to tell him about when he comes home that we're going to have my dad's house to ourselves all weekend! Also, I want to see his reaction when he opens up my package.
                              Your SO will love those news! And I get what visits "before the date" are like... the last year I had to celebrate my birthday before the real date because he was going to leave that exact day. So I agree...it counts

Comment

Working...
                              X