"Obligation Day" (RAVING <3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Obligation Day" (RAVING <3)

We decided to call Valentine's day Obligation day instead... but... I am just so excited I have to share what we got for each other. n___n

I bought us both LFAD gifts packs before they changed and sent him a big box full of candy. And then I sent a letter with a handmade card.

I told him to save his money so he can come visit.. but he bought me a rose from romanceher. ;~; <3333

It's green, glazed and trimmed in gold. n___n

But the most important thing to me is that we are spending time together playing games and just talking for the next 3 days.

And my birthday is the 15th.

SO IN OTHER NEWS. <3 I hope everyone has a happy Obligation day. There are too many depressing threads here lately. Lets rave about how we're spending the day/week, or whatever. Or if you don't celebrate at all.. xD

EDIT: I suppose I could have posted this in the thread below me about V-day.. but.. I got too excited. Sorry. <3

Why Obligation Day? Are you two lampshading the fact that Valentine's Day puts insane amounts of pressure on people, both coupled and single, to behave/react a certain way and spend money?

Because I agree with you.

Comment

Well, A Happy Obligation Day too you! The rose sounds beautiful!

Comment

My partner was a loather of V-day before me. :P But this is our first official Valentine's Day as a couple, so I'm going to give him a proper cliche day! Going to send him some candy roses, some chocolates in a heart-shaped box, and I'm going to make a silly little valentine too! He'll get it late, unfortunately, but I need to wait until I have money to send it off.

As far as in person, I'll be spending a belated Valentine's Day with my mother. We're going to see The Vow and get a lot of cinema food. Valentine's Day itself will, for me, be spent talking with my SO, potentially Skyping but that will entirely depend on time (we may do tonight instead), studying, working, and kickboxing in the evening! So a typical day. xD But I did tell my mother she better get me some chocolate! :P And I promised her a Valentine's card. My grandfather also sent me out a little Valentine's card so silly little things like that are being done.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
          Why Obligation Day? Are you two lampshading the fact that Valentine's Day puts insane amounts of pressure on people, both coupled and single, to behave/react a certain way and spend money?

Because I agree with you.
          Yes, that's exactly it. xD There's a comic on oglaf.com (nsfw) that he showed me when talking about it. xD

@Digital- <33

@Eclaire- I don't believe in Valentine's day because it's completely consumed by the marketing, but that doesn't mean I can't use it as an excuse to send him things. I tend to give things to all of my friends to hopefully cheer up the ones who take the day so seriously and get all down about being single. I sound contradictory but what I mean is that me and my SO would both be okay passing up the day like any other. He said the rose is more for my birthday, anyway. n3n
          I'm spending time with my mom, too. As as per tradition my family all buys each other chocolates. And lots of clearance stuff on my birthday XD

Comment

Originally posted by Amatory View Post
            Yes, that's exactly it. xD There's a comic on oglaf.com (nsfw) that he showed me when talking about it. xD

@Digital- <33

@Eclaire- I don't believe in Valentine's day because it's completely consumed by the marketing, but that doesn't mean I can't use it as an excuse to send him things. I tend to give things to all of my friends to hopefully cheer up the ones who take the day so seriously and get all down about being single. I sound contradictory but what I mean is that me and my SO would both be okay passing up the day like any other. He said the rose is more for my birthday, anyway. n3n
            I'm spending time with my mom, too. As as per tradition my family all buys each other chocolates. And lots of clearance stuff on my birthday XD
            The only people I know who give in to it because of marketing are actually the people who choose not to celebrate it. xD Everyone else I know is not so big on the idea and concept of Valentine's Day (maybe some) but rather on the excuse to spoil their SO, which is more or less what I'm doing for mine. :P As I pointed out on another thread of mine, even making it as cliche as I possibly can has sentiment behind it, because my SO has never had a Valentine's Day with anyone ever. I'm not sure where I implied you were buying into Valentine's Day because of the marketing or whatever, or that you're buying in to a corporate holiday. xD Like I said elsewhere, the only people I know who take Valentine's Day seriously are of a younger demographic. I use it as an excuse for spoilage also and I didn't mean to imply otherwise about you or me, or insult you in any way if I have. xD
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

I'm making him a photo collage of the two of us, with our anniversary date in the middle. I'm not sure what he got for me, he wanted it to be a surprise! He's coming to see me Wednesday night (Feb 15), and then we're celebrating Valentine's Day on the 16th, which also happens to be our month-anniversary Thursday we are going ice skating, we're going to a friend's school's hockey game on Friday, and Saturday we're going to watch Star Wars in 3D!!! I'm so excited to spend a long weekend with him

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                The only people I know who give in to it because of marketing are actually the people who choose not to celebrate it. xD Everyone else I know is not so big on the idea and concept of Valentine's Day (maybe some) but rather on the excuse to spoil their SO, which is more or less what I'm doing for mine. :P As I pointed out on another thread of mine, even making it as cliche as I possibly can has sentiment behind it, because my SO has never had a Valentine's Day with anyone ever. I'm not sure where I implied you were buying into Valentine's Day because of the marketing or whatever, or that you're buying in to a corporate holiday. xD Like I said elsewhere, the only people I know who take Valentine's Day seriously are of a younger demographic. I use it as an excuse for spoilage also and I didn't mean to imply otherwise about you or me, or insult you in any way if I have. xD
                Oh lol no, I was just.. clarifying I guess? I didn't think you implied anything. xD I feel the same, anyway lol.

Comment

Working...
                X