Getting a gift you don't like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post
    We actually talked about it. HE brought it up actually because he knows me well enough that goes, "I know you don't like them. Be honest with me. Do you like them?" Obviously I am not going to lie to just make him feel better. I told him gently about them not being my style and he admitted before I finished that he panicked to get something for me for Valentine's day and just got them. He felt ashamed that he brought into pressure instead of just waiting to find what he knew I loved. But, he immediately goes, "Please, send them back. I buckled. I want to get you something you love."

I am so lucky. I continuously told him how much I cared and loved the thought, but he goes, "Hon, I love cars! If you got me a car that was a car I loved in HOT PINK....I'd grind my teeth and mutter 'oh...thank you...', but really, I'd want the car in black." Everything goes back to cars with him Love that man
    Awww, hooray! Glad it to hear it worked out for you!
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

We actually talked about it. HE brought it up actually because he knows me well enough that goes, "I know you don't like them. Be honest with me. Do you like them?" Obviously I am not going to lie to just make him feel better. I told him gently about them not being my style and he admitted before I finished that he panicked to get something for me for Valentine's day and just got them. He felt ashamed that he brought into pressure instead of just waiting to find what he knew I loved. But, he immediately goes, "Please, send them back. I buckled. I want to get you something you love."

I am so lucky. I continuously told him how much I cared and loved the thought, but he goes, "Hon, I love cars! If you got me a car that was a car I loved in HOT PINK....I'd grind my teeth and mutter 'oh...thank you...', but really, I'd want the car in black." Everything goes back to cars with him Love that man

LOL how adorable!

but before you send it back, would you at least take a picture of them and of you wearing them to show us? I'm curious about how they look like!
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I know other people have brought it up and it's not much of my business but this kinda pisses me off..

Originally posted by MeganK View Post
        thats being a little selfish and ungrateful.
        u should be happy he sent u something that great
        that he means he must really care to buy u something so expensive.
        Did you not read the OP's comment thoroughly or something? She stated more than once that she appreciated the thought, and said that she was happy to see that he got her something. That kind of thing hasn't happened to me, but you don't have to love everything your SO gives you. People have their own taste in everything, and there's bound to be things that you don't like, someone just happens to give them to you for whatever reason. It's not about being selfish or ungrateful, it's about personal taste and this time her SO didn't quite get it right.
        So can you please read her message again and think about it before you have a go at her?

/rant

Sorry about that, OP.

Aaaaaaanyhoooo.. ashleecarol, I'm glad things worked out eventually and he understood when you said you weren't too crazy about them Your guy sounds very sweet!

Comment

I liked to read this story all in a row and see how it turns out to have an happy ending.
          I had a similar one (but opposite) that I wrote here some weeks ago https://members.lovingfromadistance....endent-for-man In My case, the solution was easy: before he tried to make a key chain with the pendent I gave him, but then it simply broke from weaking it in his pockets. We thought it was funny because at the beginning I was very disappointed, but then we just laught about it, and now I'learned the lesson.

So, if it was not possible to change them, I would have suggested to go to a jewellery shop and ask them to change it. Maybe keep the gold and change the stone, or make a ring with it, or something like that. But as it looks like your car lover man understood you, you have a second chance to get a present you like!

Personally, I don't like the idea to give my boyfriend a list of appreciated presents, as Engel suggested. I prefer taking the risk and hopefully behing really surprised, as it already happen till now!

Comment

THAT IS AWESOME!!

Owh.. and for everyone here, you can always save them for your grandkids
            \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
            \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
            \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

That's really awesome! He sounds like a very understanding fella. Definitely a keeper

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Originally posted by Manoek View Post
              Owh.. and for everyone here, you can always save them for your grandkids
              Good idea, I'll remember this
              sigpic
              Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
              Our first LDR ~ August 2009
              Closed the distance ~ January 2011
              He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
              Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
              He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
              Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
              Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Well I'll go back to something my mom taught me a long time ago (again), you say thank you and act like it's the best gift in the world, even if you hate it.

My SO once got me a butterfly hate that I thought was hideous plus it was like a kid's size and din't fit on my dome sized head. Well I thought he forgot about it and I gave it away with a lot of my other clothes. Then one day he asked me about it and I said I guessed I lost it in the move. Turns out he had bought it for me in the airport anyways after forgetting to get me something earlier. So whatever

If I were you, I'd wear the earrings. And then give them to your mom or something

Comment

You'll have to click on the images to get a closer view.

The box the earrings came in;

The earrings in the beautiful box;

One of the earrings up-close on me;

A further away picture of what they would look like normally (I had to move my hair out of the way so you can view them);

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

I think they look kinda cute on you

Comment

try to look at it this way. he bought you jewelry!!!! every woman's dream!!!! so suck it up and the next time you see him put them on- along with a great top to match- and make your guy smile all night long.

I didn't get anything for Christmas, Valentine's Day, or my birthday. I'd love to get anything from my SO, even if I hated it.

Comment

You'll have to click on the images to get a closer view.

The box the earrings came in;

The earrings in the beautiful box;

One of the earrings up-close on me;

A further away picture of what they would look like normally (I had to move my hair out of the way so you can view them);

thank you for the pictures, you are beautiful! i rarely think women look beautiful with short hair, but it is perfect on you! and i wish i had eyes as beautiful as yours!
                        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                          thank you for the pictures, you are beautiful! i rarely think women look beautiful with short hair, but it is perfect on you! and i wish i had eyes as beautiful as yours!
                          Haha you are sweet. Thank you lol

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

I like the ear rings too, I think they are nice on you. But it's personal taste, so let's see what will be the next present and let's hope you'll like it!

Comment

Yeah.. no...

A for effort though!
                              \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                              \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                              \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Oh I really like them!!!!

You could always send them down to Costa Rica if you want to...

Comment

Working...
                                X